Author Topic: US, Indian navies sharing information on Chinese subs, says Pacific Command chief  (Read 451 times)

rangerrebew

US, Indian navies sharing information on Chinese subs, says Pacific Command chief

Although Pakistan does not fall under the jurisdiction of the Pacific Command, Admiral Harris said, “The relationship between China and Pakistan is of concern."

Written by Sushant Singh | New Delhi | Updated: January 19, 2017 8:52 am

Admiral Harry B Harris, Commander of the United States Pacific Command, Wednesday said that US and Indian navies have been sharing information on the movement of Chinese submarines and ships in the Indian Ocean. He also said India should be concerned about the increasing Chinese influence in the region.

“There is sharing of information regarding Chinese maritime movement in the Indian Ocean,” Admiral Harris said. The US, he said, works “closely with India and with improving India’s capability to do that kind of surveillance. Malabar exercise… helps us hone our ability to track what China is doing in the Indian Ocean. Chinese submarines are clearly an issue and we know they are operating through the region.”

http://indianexpress.com/article/india/us-indian-navies-sharing-information-on-chinese-subs-says-pacific-command-chief-admiral-harry-b-harris-4480900/
« Last Edit: January 20, 2017, 12:20:50 pm by rangerrebew »

rangerrebew

I guess Obama didn't have enough time to ruin the US relations with India. :ODIO:

Offline r9etb

I guess Obama didn't have enough time to ruin the US relations with India.

lol....

But he tried, sir.  He did try.

I'm really glad to see this, though.