Author Topic: Chuck Todd: Trump Needs to ‘Erase the Asterisk’ of His Election  (Read 860 times)

rangerrebew

Chuck Todd: Trump Needs to ‘Erase the Asterisk’ of His Election
By Kyle Drennen | January 20, 2017 | 1:48 PM EST
shares

During NBC’s live special Inauguration Day coverage on Friday morning, ahead of Donald Trump taking the oath of office, Meet the Press moderator Chuck Todd warned that the new president “needs to earn this honeymoon” and “ missed some opportunities these last six to eight weeks...to just erase the asterisk” of his election.

Todd defended the characterization: “Whatever you want to say about it – and I know some supporters will say, ‘Why do you say that?’ – but look, when you win an election this way, the split popular vote, you know it's a divided country....I wonder if he'll be thinking about that at noon today.”

Moments later, he observed: “...‘09 versus today. So in '09, we were in the process of an economic – we were on the brink of an economic disaster....Yet this town, this capital, there was a euphoric atmosphere. Here we are, the economy feels better. The country seems on the one hand economically more stable than it was eight years ago, and yet, there's an uneasiness.”

Source URL: http://www.newsbusters.org/blogs/nb/kyle-drennen/2017/01/20/chuck-todd-trump-needs-erase-asterisk-his-election

Offline INVAR

• Dread To Tread
    • Sword At The Ready
Re: Chuck Todd: Trump Needs to ‘Erase the Asterisk’ of His Election
« Reply #1 on: January 20, 2017, 11:26:44 pm »
Chuck Todd's career is what needs to be erased, and then we can add an asterisk next to his name to explain why he is completely irrelevant.
Fart for freedom, fart for liberty and fart proudly.  - Benjamin Franklin

...Obsta principiis—Nip the shoots of arbitrary power in the bud, is the only maxim which can ever preserve the liberties of any people. When the people give way, their deceivers, betrayers and destroyers press upon them so fast that there is no resisting afterwards. The nature of the encroachment upon [the] American constitution is such, as to grow every day more and more encroaching. Like a cancer, it eats faster and faster every hour." - John Adams, February 6, 1775

Offline GtHawk

• I don't believe in Trump anymore, he's an illusion
« Reply #2 on: January 20, 2017, 11:37:38 pm »
Did Chucky ever say the same of Nobama, considering the issues of his birth certificate, hidden school files, consorting with murderers, etc., etc., etc.

Offline libertybele

• WE are NOT ok!
« Reply #3 on: January 21, 2017, 12:14:40 am »
Somehow today, Chuck Todd seems rather irrelevant.  Last night's Inauguration Welcome Celebration and today's Inauguration festivities have so far have been absolutely wonderful and very tastefully done.  Patriotism is now back in style! Chuck Todd and the rest of the MSM and liberal idiots need to find a new village to descend upon.
I Believe in the United States of America as a Government of the people, by the people, for the people; whose just powers are derived from the consent of the governed; a democracy in a republic; a sovereign nation of many sovereign states; a perfect union one and inseparable; established upon those principles of freedom, equality, justice and humanity for which American patriots sacrificed their lives and fortunes.  I therefore believe it is my duty to my country to love it; to support its Constitution; to obey its laws to respect its flag; and to defend it against all enemies.

Offline Hondo69

• The more I know the less I understand
« Reply #4 on: January 21, 2017, 12:48:27 am »
Chuck may wish to join Obama and his obedient followers once they relocate to the jungles of Guyana.

Offline goatprairie

« Reply #5 on: January 21, 2017, 03:21:16 am »
Chuck may wish to join Obama and his obedient followers once they relocate to the jungles of Guyana.
We will even supply the kool-aid....but not laced with poison, just LSD. However, they might not realize the difference anyway between being stoned or being sober.

Offline InHeavenThereIsNoBeer

« Reply #6 on: January 21, 2017, 03:32:30 am »
One wonders if 'asterisk' is the newest media dog whistle.  Write stories about it, as if it exists, and then it will be seen to exist.

Trump won the primaries (dang it), then the general, now he's POTUS.  No asterisk.  He won.
My avatar shows the national debt in stacks of $100 bills.  If you look very closely under the crane you can see the Statue of Liberty.