Author Topic: Why Is Neil DeGrasse Tyson A Moron  (Read 2484 times)

Online corbe

Why Is Neil DeGrasse Tyson A Moron
« on: January 19, 2017, 07:54:48 pm »

Posted at 11:00 am on January 19, 2017 by streiff

One of the hilarious things about watching the left in action is that it will believe virtually anything so long as the right person tells them it is so.* Back when I first started this RedState gig, in 2004 during the hottest part of the Iraq War, lefties who frequented this site would throw out “Well, Kevin Drum says [fill in your favorite bullsh** meme about Iraq here] or “Juan Cole says [fill in your favorite anti-Semitic trope here]” as though it meant something more that admitting they were incapable of reason on their own. The same goes for science… you know, that field the left believes it really loves. You find non-scientist and genuinely creepy Bill Nye being quoted non-ironically. But the favorite is serial fabulist and pop science impressario Neil DeGrasse Tyson. (We’ve covered his exploits previously in these link-filled posts here | here | here.)

DeGrasse Tyson is one of those guys who thinks because he has a high public profile and academic credentials that he is suddenly smart about everything. This, keep in mind, is the guy who applauded Pope Francis for mentioning the Big Bang Theory

Neil deGrasse Tyson
✔  ‎@neiltyson 

Pope Francis announced that he now embraces the science of Evolution & the Big Bang. Hmm. I wonder if he just watched Cosmos?

11:46 AM - 29 Oct 2014

8,092 8,092 Retweets

13,060 13,060 likes

All the while he was cluelessly unaware that the originator of the Big Bang Theory was Georges Lemaître, a Roman Catholic priest.

So now we have his newest brain-fart which has totally amazed the left:

Neil deGrasse Tyson
✔  ‎@neiltyson 

In 1927 Lindbergh flew from NY to Paris. 45 yrs later, in 1972 we last walked on the Moon. 45 yrs later, in 2017 we… we… we…

5:12 PM - 16 Jan 2017

8,721 8,721 Retweets

22,880 22,880 likes

Where to even begin. How about the device you’re reading this post on. It really didn’t exist in 1972. It certainly didn’t exist in a form that you could carry in your pocket and which would be within the financial reach of Third World peasants. Check your life expectancy. Infant mortality rate. If you have to look to outer space for a metric of human progress, how about the Hubble space telescope and the international space station? How about Mars Exploration Rover?

<..snip..>

http://www.redstate.com/streiff/2017/01/19/neil-degrasse-tyson-moron/

No government in the 12,000 years of modern mankind history has led its people into anything but the history books with a simple lesson, don't let this happen to you.

Offline Frank Cannon

Re: Why Is Neil DeGrasse Tyson A Moron
« Reply #1 on: January 19, 2017, 08:06:20 pm »
This guy is billed as the next Carl Sagan by Leftists, but I don't think he is even close.

BTW, the Big Bang theory this clown is clinging to was debunked last year because the math doesn't work....

http://www.salon.com/2015/02/12/everything_we_know_about_the_big_bang_could_be_wrong_partner/

Offline Idaho_Cowboy

• Ride for the Brand - Joshua 24:15
« Reply #2 on: January 19, 2017, 08:11:25 pm »
This guy is billed as the next Carl Sagan by Leftists, but I don't think he is even close.

BTW, the Big Bang theory this clown is clinging to was debunked last year because the math doesn't work....

http://www.salon.com/2015/02/12/everything_we_know_about_the_big_bang_could_be_wrong_partner/
There's math to how nothing exploded and created everything.  :boring:
“The way I see it, every time a man gets up in the morning he starts his life over. Sure, the bills are there to pay, and the job is there to do, but you don't have to stay in a pattern. You can always start over, saddle a fresh horse and take another trail.” ― Louis L'Amour

Offline Sanguine

• Ex-member
« Reply #3 on: January 19, 2017, 08:12:58 pm »
I wouldn't necessarily call him a moron, more like a useful idiot.

Offline mirraflake

« Reply #4 on: January 19, 2017, 08:24:03 pm »
I always enjoy watching his shows. Cosmos was great.

Offline LadyLiberty

Wingnut

« Reply #6 on: January 19, 2017, 09:28:28 pm »
I wouldn't necessarily call him a moron, more like a useful idiot.

On the other hand.... Bill Nye.  Now there is a moron's moron.

Online Weird Tolkienish Figure

• Technical
« Reply #7 on: January 19, 2017, 09:30:32 pm »
He totally did not understand how a helicopter worked.

Offline Bender2

• Never a dull moment, eh?
« Reply #8 on: January 21, 2017, 05:31:28 pm »

Posted at 11:00 am on January 19, 2017 by streiff

One of the hilarious things about watching the left in action is that it will believe virtually anything so long as the right person tells them it is so.*

What gets me is that old Neil has that same Obama snark that no matter what he says, it is the absolute truth and nothing but the truth, period--  Sound the trumpets!

While I do believe in science I also have complete faith that there is a supreme being in the universe, yet I do not think he sit up nights worrying himself sick about us.
"I've got a twisted sense of humor, and everything amuses me." RAH Beyond this Horizon

Online mountaineer

Re: Why Is Neil DeGrasse Tyson A Moron - UPDATE - ACCUSED OF RAPE
« Reply #9 on: October 27, 2017, 08:38:54 pm »
Neil DeGrasse Tyson Accused of Raping a Former Student
October 25, 2017 by David G. McAfee

I am only reporting allegations, and not encouraging anyone to presume Tyson’s guilt. In fact, I firmly believe that a person is innocent until proven guilty, and this is no exception. I am only delivering the relevant information from the perspectives of the parties involved.

Since the downfall of Harvey Weinstein, the movie producer who has been accused of sexual harassment or assault by more than 40 women, people all around the world have come forward to call out abuse by men in power. The most recent name on that list is popular astrophysicist and science communicator Neil deGrasse Tyson.

Last week, a journalist writing for Medium listed Tyson as a “screen celebrity” who had been accused of “rape.” As a fan of Tyson’s activism and writing, and someone who has met him in person (I also quote him several times in my new book, No Sacred Cows), I decided to delve deeper into the allegation and tell the whole story (as it has been reported from both sides).   ... Read the rest at Patheos
« Last Edit: October 27, 2017, 10:16:31 pm by mountaineer »
Support Israel's emergency medical service. afmda.org

Offline RoosGirl

« Reply #10 on: October 27, 2017, 09:47:11 pm »
Anyone that has to use three names to think they have to be taken seriously, should not be taken seriously.

Offline Cyber Liberty

• Coffee! Donuts! Kittens!
  • Administrator
  • 🌵🌵🌵
« Reply #11 on: October 27, 2017, 09:49:01 pm »
I always enjoy watching his shows. Cosmos was great.

I especially liked the first episode of the NDGT "Cosmos."  *****rollingeyes*****
For unvaccinated, we are looking at a winter of severe illness and death — if you’re unvaccinated — for themselves, their families, and the hospitals they’ll soon overwhelm. Sloe Joe Biteme 12/16
I will NOT comply.

Castillo del Cyber Autonomous Zone ~~~~~>                          :dontfeed:

Online mountaineer

« Reply #12 on: October 27, 2017, 10:23:06 pm »
So far I'm not seeing this sexual assault story anywhere else.

Offline kevindavis007

« Reply #13 on: October 27, 2017, 10:51:29 pm »
I find him to be a pompous a**. Along with Bill Nye the fake science green fascist guy.
Join The Reagan Caucus: https://reagancaucus.org/ and the Eisenhower Caucus: https://EisenhowerCaucus.org

Ronald Reagan: “Rather than...talking about putting up a fence, why don’t we work out some recognition of our mutual problems and make it possible for them to come here legally with a work permit…earning here they pay taxes here.”

Offline goatprairie

« Reply #14 on: October 28, 2017, 12:55:42 am »
I find him to be a pompous a**. Along with Bill Nye the fake science green fascist guy.
"Along with Bill Nye the fake science green fascist guy."

If some guy goes around calling himself "The Science Guy," shouldn't he be an actual scientist? You know, for credibility reasons.
If I went around calling myself "The Carpentry Guy," shouldn't I be a trained carpenter?  If I called myself "The Chef Guy," shouldn't I  have been a chef at a good restaurant?

Offline Cyber Liberty

• Coffee! Donuts! Kittens!
  • Administrator
  • 🌵🌵🌵
« Reply #15 on: October 28, 2017, 02:51:56 am »
"Along with Bill Nye the fake science green fascist guy."

If some guy goes around calling himself "The Science Guy," shouldn't he be an actual scientist? You know, for credibility reasons.
If I went around calling myself "The Carpentry Guy," shouldn't I be a trained carpenter?  If I called myself "The Chef Guy," shouldn't I  have been a chef at a good restaurant?

The "Bachelor of Mechanical Engineering" guy doesn't have the pizazz.
For unvaccinated, we are looking at a winter of severe illness and death — if you’re unvaccinated — for themselves, their families, and the hospitals they’ll soon overwhelm. Sloe Joe Biteme 12/16
I will NOT comply.

Castillo del Cyber Autonomous Zone ~~~~~>                          :dontfeed:

Offline Gefn

• "And though she be but little she is fierce"-Shakespeare
  • Cat Mod
  • Quos Deus Vult Perdere Prius Dementat
« Reply #16 on: October 30, 2017, 10:15:35 am »
There is something about him I can't put my finger on that rubs me the wrong way. Astronomer Mike Smith has it too. Maybe they think they are so smart and the rest of us are underlings and should be worshipping at their feet.

My dad met Einstein and Godel when they lived in Princeton and thought they were nice down to earth people. Maybe that's the difference.

As for Sagan, he's partially responsible for me wanting to be an astronomer. I loved his version of Cosmos.
G-d bless America. G-d bless us all                                 

Adopt a puppy or kitty from your local shelter
Or an older dog or cat. They're true love❤️

Offline Sanguine

• Ex-member
« Reply #17 on: October 30, 2017, 11:44:36 am »
There is something about him I can't put my finger on that rubs me the wrong way. Astronomer Mike Smith has it too. Maybe they think they are so smart and the rest of us are underlings and should be worshipping at their feet.

My dad met Einstein and Godel when they lived in Princeton and thought they were nice down to earth people. Maybe that's the difference.

As for Sagan, he's partially responsible for me wanting to be an astronomer. I loved his version of Cosmos.

I can tell you why Tyson rubs me the wrong way: because he's always pompously right, and much of the time he's dead wrong.

Online mountaineer

« Reply #18 on: October 30, 2017, 11:54:14 am »
I can tell you why Tyson rubs me the wrong way: because he's always pompously right, and much of the time he's dead wrong.
If the rape allegation is true, there's another reason not to like him!

Offline jmyrlefuller

• J. Myrle Fuller
  • Realistic nihilist
    • Fullervision
« Reply #19 on: October 30, 2017, 12:13:04 pm »
Anyone that has to use three names to think they have to be taken seriously, should not be taken seriously.
I only use two and an initial so I guess I'm cutting it close.
New profile picture in honor of Public Domain Day 2024

Offline Gefn

• "And though she be but little she is fierce"-Shakespeare
  • Cat Mod
  • Quos Deus Vult Perdere Prius Dementat
« Reply #20 on: October 30, 2017, 12:37:15 pm »
If the rape allegation is true, there's another reason not to like him!

Check out DrudgeReport- big one out of Hollywood broke last night.

G-d bless America. G-d bless us all                                 

Adopt a puppy or kitty from your local shelter
Or an older dog or cat. They're true love❤️

Offline roamer_1

« Reply #21 on: October 30, 2017, 02:01:12 pm »

Hey. If my mom calls you by all three names, you'd better sure as hell, take it seriously.

Offline RoosGirl

« Reply #22 on: October 30, 2017, 02:17:25 pm »
Hey. If my mom calls you by all three names, you'd better sure as hell, take it seriously.

No doubt! But that's way different.

Online mountaineer

« Reply #23 on: October 31, 2017, 12:58:06 pm »
The rape allegation finally getting some traction:
     Former Grad Student Accuses Neil De Grasse Tyson Of Rape
Tchiya Amet says the professor drugged her and demanded sex back in 1984.

ByEmily Zanotti
October 30, 2017

A woman who attended grad school with Neil deGrasse Tyson says the now-famous astrophysicist drugged and raped her at the University of Texas back in 1984.

Tchiya Amet tweeted her allegations as part of the "#MeToo" campaign — a social media-based effort to help women reveal incidents of sexual harassment, sexual abuse, and rape in their past. Amet made the same claims in 2014 and again in 2016, and resurfaced a blog post from 2014 as part of the effort.  ...

Tyson hasn't commented on the allegations, though it appears that some in the media were asking him for a response as far back as last year. Amet says that when she confronted Tyson, he was "totally confused" and said nothing.

David McAfee, an outspoken atheist and author — and fan of Tyson — has been trying to get Tyson to answer the allegations, ostensibly to clear his name, but so far Tyson has refused to comment.    ...
More at Daily Wire