Author Topic: CNN President: Donald Trump Wants To ‘Delegitimize Journalism’  (Read 830 times)

rangerrebew

CNN President: Donald Trump Wants To ‘Delegitimize Journalism’
Photo of Kaitlan Collins
Kaitlan Collins
White House Correspondent
11:52 AM 01/18/2017

In a recent interview with New York Magazine, Jeff Zucker defended his network’s decision to report on an unsubstantiated 35-page dossier that claimed the Russian government has comprising information about the president-elect.

Completing this poll entitles you to Daily Caller news updates free of charge. You may opt out at anytime. You also agree to our Privacy Policy and Terms of Use.
“I actually think this was a pretty easy call in terms of its news value,” Zucker said. “The fact is, the top four intelligence chiefs of the United States decided to include in their briefing to the president and president-elect a two-page summary of allegations involving the president-elect. That is newsworthy by any definition.” (RELATED: WikiLeaks Blasts BuzzFeed For Publishing Unsubstantiated Claims About Trump’s Ties To Russia)

“We didn’t pass judgment on the allegations. We reported we had not been able to corroborate them. But the news was that the two most powerful people in the world had been briefed on the existence of these allegations.”

Read more: http://dailycaller.com/2017/01/18/cnn-president-donald-trump-wants-to-delegitimize-journalism/#ixzz4WDGCo7a0

rangerrebew

Re: CNN President: Donald Trump Wants To ‘Delegitimize Journalism’
« Reply #1 on: January 19, 2017, 01:15:13 pm »
Not so.  He wants to delegitimize the American style yellow journalism. :tongue2:

Offline Night Hides Not

« Reply #2 on: January 19, 2017, 02:04:13 pm »
They've done it without any outside help.
You can avoid reality, but you cannot avoid the consequences of avoiding reality.

1 John 3:18: Let us love not in word or speech, but in truth and action.

Offline Henry Noel

« Reply #3 on: January 19, 2017, 02:09:45 pm »
Not so.  He wants to delegitimize the American style yellow journalism. :tongue2:

More like red journalism in this day and age.
Gee, it feels great to be a gangster!

Offline Just_Victor

« Reply #4 on: January 19, 2017, 02:14:44 pm »

They don't need Trump's help.
If all I want is a warm feeling, I should just wet my pants.

Offline Cripplecreek

• Constitutional Extremist
« Reply #5 on: January 19, 2017, 02:15:41 pm »

But Trump himself is an obvious compulsive liar. Neither he nor the media can fool anyone with even minimal power of discernment

Offline txradioguy

• Propaganda NCOIC
  • Cat Mod
  • Rule #39
« Reply #6 on: January 19, 2017, 02:31:04 pm »
It's really funny to see people get upset about what CNN did...yet most of the same people had no problem with Fox News doing their own bit of yellow journalism and "fake news" when it came to helping Trump during the primaries.
The libs/dems of today are the Quislings of former years. The cowards who would vote a fraud into office in exchange for handouts from the devil.

Here lies in honored glory an American soldier, known but to God

THE ESTABLISHMENT IS THE PROBLEM...NOT THE SOLUTION

Republicans Don't Need A Back Bench...They Need a BACKBONE!

Offline Night Hides Not

« Reply #7 on: January 19, 2017, 02:39:36 pm »
It's really funny to see people get upset about what CNN did...yet most of the same people had no problem with Fox News doing their own bit of yellow journalism and "fake news" when it came to helping Trump during the primaries.

They're still doing it, and it's been working for Hannity and the Morning Show. Trump knows he can call into them anytime he wants to, and they'll stop everything just to talk to him.

Obama was a bit more subtle, having ValJar put Mika on speed dial.
You can avoid reality, but you cannot avoid the consequences of avoiding reality.

1 John 3:18: Let us love not in word or speech, but in truth and action.

Offline txradioguy

• Propaganda NCOIC
  • Cat Mod
  • Rule #39
« Reply #8 on: January 19, 2017, 02:42:52 pm »
They're still doing it, and it's been working for Hannity and the Morning Show. Trump knows he can call into them anytime he wants to, and they'll stop everything just to talk to him.

Obama was a bit more subtle, having ValJar put Mika on speed dial.

Which just proves that people will ignore certain things as long as it's "their guy" doing it.
The libs/dems of today are the Quislings of former years. The cowards who would vote a fraud into office in exchange for handouts from the devil.

Offline Cripplecreek

« Reply #9 on: January 19, 2017, 02:46:49 pm »

Yup. Fox and Friends morons nodded like concerned bobbleheads when Trump accused Rafael Cruz of being involved in the JFK assassination. One of the most astounding lies ever told on the campaign trail and none of those morons felt the need to do any of that icky journalism stuff by asking any follow up questions..

At the end of the day no one deserves more blame than the people who have abandoned their sense of discernment along with their sense of morality and ethics. The parties have been nearly the same for a while now but this is the first election where conservative voters chose to become indistinguishable from liberals.

Offline txradioguy

• Propaganda NCOIC
  • Cat Mod
  • Rule #39
« Reply #10 on: January 19, 2017, 02:54:24 pm »
Yup. Fox and Friends morons nodded like concerned bobbleheads when Trump accused Rafael Cruz of being involved in the JFK assassination. One of the most astounding lies ever told on the campaign trail and none of those morons felt the need to do any of that icky journalism stuff by asking any follow up questions..

At the end of the day no one deserves more blame than the people who have abandoned their sense of discernment along with their sense of morality and ethics. The parties have been nearly the same for a while now but this is the first election where conservative voters chose to become indistinguishable from liberals.

And God forbid you point that fact out to them.

Offline Just_Victor

« Reply #11 on: January 19, 2017, 02:59:15 pm »

The justification of course is that they are just offsetting the rest of the slanted liberal media, which is for the most part true.  I don't think that makes slanted journalism OK, but the game's rules have been set by the 95% liberal MSM.

Offline Cripplecreek

« Reply #12 on: January 19, 2017, 03:01:52 pm »
The justification of course is that they are just offsetting the rest of the slanted liberal media, which is for the most part true.  I don't think that makes slanted journalism OK, but the game's rules have been set by the 95% liberal MSM.

"If you can't beat them, join them" is not a statement of victory. Its a statement of surrender.

Offline txradioguy

• Propaganda NCOIC
  • Cat Mod
  • Rule #39
« Reply #13 on: January 19, 2017, 03:02:01 pm »

Doesn't mean they have to play by those rules.

What Fox has done..and in turn what the people have proven by cheering their wholesale sell out to Trump...is that they are no different than the Liberals they mock as long as it's their guy getting the biased coverage.

Conservatives and Conservative media outs are supposed to be better than that.

It's been their selling point for two decades.
« Last Edit: January 19, 2017, 03:04:53 pm by txradioguy »

Offline austingirl

• Cruz 2016- a Constitutional Conservative at last!
« Reply #14 on: January 19, 2017, 03:02:51 pm »

Bingo!
Principles matter. Words matter.

Offline txradioguy

• Propaganda NCOIC
  • Cat Mod
  • Rule #39
« Reply #15 on: January 19, 2017, 03:06:38 pm »
"If you can't beat them, join them" is not a statement of victory. Its a statement of surrender.

And in Liberals pointy heads it just confirms everything that's ever been said about Fox being nothing more than the propaganda wing of the GOP.

Offline Just_Victor

« Reply #16 on: January 19, 2017, 03:09:40 pm »

Very true.  That also why alternative media is overtaking print and broadcast media.  It bypasses the liberal establishment.

I don't watch the news at all anymore, Fox, CNN, NBCABCCBS, etc. are all the same.  I don't have time to sit while someone reads the news to me.  And I find it is harder to watch critically than is to read critically.  The subtle body cues of the soft smile, a turn of the head, and a twinkle in the eye that all say, "Trust me, I'm cute," get in the way of analyzing information.