Author Topic: Rick Perry: ‘I regret’ calling for the elimination of the Energy Department  (Read 5696 times)

Offline txradioguy

• Propaganda NCOIC
  • Cat Mod
  • Rule #39
@Sanguine

Then maybe Ya'll can tell us why some of those parading around telling us they didn't vote for Trump are from Texas and why now this logic doesn't apply to criticizing Trump.

Sounds like hypocrisy to me.

I wrote in Cruz and voted for the Libertarian opponent to Mike Conway.

Your point?
« Last Edit: January 20, 2017, 03:55:00 am by txradioguy »
The libs/dems of today are the Quislings of former years. The cowards who would vote a fraud into office in exchange for handouts from the devil.

Here lies in honored glory an American soldier, known but to God

THE ESTABLISHMENT IS THE PROBLEM...NOT THE SOLUTION

Republicans Don't Need A Back Bench...They Need a BACKBONE!

Offline IsailedawayfromFR

And.. surprise surprise, the story is fake.
http://dailycaller.com/2017/01/19/journalists-apologize-for-spreading-bogus-new-york-times-story-about-rick-perry/

Uh, the story you referenced is quite different than the one I referenced.

Here's another link to see Perry's own words.  http://www.politico.com/story/2017/01/rick-perry-energy-cabinet-233821
No punishment, in my opinion, is too great, for the man who can build his greatness upon his country's ruin~  George Washington

Offline corbe

We get it @TomSea  You like Perry, Romney and Trump and any dissention will not be tolerated and all us Cruzers are cultist who worship a false idol.

Now, can we move on to Heidi's Goldman Sachs connections while the night's still young?
No government in the 12,000 years of modern mankind history has led its people into anything but the history books with a simple lesson, don't let this happen to you.

Offline Hondo69

• The more I know the less I understand
Check with anyone from Texas, Perry is a lot of things, but "Conservative Firebrand," isn't one of them.

:beer:

The good ol' boy network is alive and well here in Texas thanks to Slick Rick.  And given a few hours I could elaborate but the above quote says it all, so I'll spare everyone.

99% of the time I'm not a fan of the good ol' boy network but every rule has an exception.  In this case that exception was hurricane Katrina.  No movie will ever be made about it and I don't think any books have been written yet, but never in my life have I seen heaven and earth moved so quickly in response to a disaster.  I witnessed the impossible happen right before my very eyes.

Most states can't organize a conference call without three meetings, checking with the lawyers and allowing a two week lead time.  Governor Perry picked up the phone, called a few key people, and told them to, "go".  And that's all it took.  In a matter of hours thousands of people, massive amounts of equipment, buses, food, water, and medical personnel were on the move.  And that was just the initial response.  Then things got tricky.

So, yes, I'll bitch all day long about the good ol' boy network.  But if you ever need heaven and earth moved by God right now - you can't beat it with a stick.

geronl

Did anyone really expect this new President to suddenly mean the things he said on the campaign trail?

Offline Night Hides Not

:beer:

The good ol' boy network is alive and well here in Texas thanks to Slick Rick.  And given a few hours I could elaborate but the above quote says it all, so I'll spare everyone.

99% of the time I'm not a fan of the good ol' boy network but every rule has an exception.  In this case that exception was hurricane Katrina.  No movie will ever be made about it and I don't think any books have been written yet, but never in my life have I seen heaven and earth moved so quickly in response to a disaster.  I witnessed the impossible happen right before my very eyes.

Most states can't organize a conference call without three meetings, checking with the lawyers and allowing a two week lead time.  Governor Perry picked up the phone, called a few key people, and told them to, "go".  And that's all it took.  In a matter of hours thousands of people, massive amounts of equipment, buses, food, water, and medical personnel were on the move.  And that was just the initial response.  Then things got tricky.

So, yes, I'll bitch all day long about the good ol' boy network.  But if you ever need heaven and earth moved by God right now - you can't beat it with a stick.

I'm not sure the full story ever got out. Texas played host to over 250,000 Katrina victims. Truth be told, tens of thousands stayed in Texas. I was working at a staffing agency during Katrina, and were able to place dozens with North Texas companies.

One can say what they will about Texas and Texans, but "heartless" is not one of them.
You can avoid reality, but you cannot avoid the consequences of avoiding reality.

1 John 3:18: Let us love not in word or speech, but in truth and action.

HonestJohn

I'm not sure the full story ever got out. Texas played host to over 250,000 Katrina victims. Truth be told, tens of thousands stayed in Texas. I was working at a staffing agency during Katrina, and were able to place dozens with North Texas companies.

One can say what they will about Texas and Texans, but "heartless" is not one of them.

I remember that and the press it got.  There was a fair bit about just how many refugees (right term?) came to Texas when other states were saying they couldn't handle any more.

Offline IsailedawayfromFR

I remember that and the press it got.  There was a fair bit about just how many refugees (right term?) came to Texas when other states were saying they couldn't handle any more.
I'd rather take in Americans voluntarily than be forced to have non-Americans dumped into my state.
No punishment, in my opinion, is too great, for the man who can build his greatness upon his country's ruin~  George Washington

Offline Hondo69

• The more I know the less I understand

One of my stores here in Austin has a Cajun restaurant next door, their whole family came from New Orleans during Katrina.  The owner is a good guy and is always fun to visit with about any old thing under the sun.  He told me one day about what it took to get his whole family out and how he made three trips back and forth.  With only one car he had to pack up grandma, cousins, his kids and the entire clan.  Even making three trips they had to leave most everything they owned behind.  There was only room for the people and one bag each in his tiny car.

He'll tell you first hand what a cluster it was in New Orleans as neither the mayor nor the governor could find their ass with both hands.  Totally lost in a time of crisis.  When the local residents needed them most their elected leaders dithered, spun in circles and has zero leadership abilities.  Thousands paid the price. 

The elected leaders of New Orleans and Louisiana blamed Bush of course and the liberal media decided to run with that story full bore. 

Lots of lessons to be learned from Katrina but most of those lessons were ignored the best I can tell.  If I remember correctly, the mayor of New Orleans was re-elected after Katrina, then eventually brought up on charges for fraud.

Online catfish1957

• Laken Riley.... Say her Name. And to every past and future democrat voter- Her blood is on your hands too!!!
  • Political Researcher
Dont worry Rick....  There's a lot of us conservative Texans who regret who we voted for in the '02, '06 , and '10 GOP Guv primaries
I display the Confederate Battle Flag in honor of my great great great grandfathers who spilled blood at Wilson's Creek and Shiloh.  5 others served in the WBTS with honor too.