Author Topic: Rick Perry: ‘I regret’ calling for the elimination of the Energy Department  (Read 5747 times)

Offline Sanguine

• Ex-member
And.. surprise surprise, the story is fake.
http://dailycaller.com/2017/01/19/journalists-apologize-for-spreading-bogus-new-york-times-story-about-rick-perry/

I loved this quote:  "It appears the NYT had a pre-existing opinion and then slopped some dubious reporting on top to confirm.”  And, apparently the errant tweeter is just now figuring out that this is how the NYT works.

Offline ABX

• Words full of sound and fury, signifying nothing.

I have Louis Gohmert as my representative and he exemplifies all a politician could ever want in being a Christian.

Considering how small our district is population wise, it sounds like we are neighbors. Louie is a friend.

Offline TomSea

• All deserve a trial if accused
By coincidence, the ones putting Perry down also put Trump down. Now, who do they like so much? But somehow, they have to shoehorn in other excuses; to continue an arrogance and attitude of condescension to really shield their dirty tricks.

Offline TomSea

Conservatism is more than just an attitude, if it were just attitude, one might not be able to be more so than Gohmert and he deserves full credit but leading the state, shepherding legislation, that all counts for something too.

Offline Weird Tolkienish Figure

• Technical
Rick lost me when he said it was heartless not to support in state tuition for illegals.

Offline IsailedawayfromFR

Considering how small our district is population wise, it sounds like we are neighbors. Louie is a friend.
Likely seen you at church.

A great person to have in DC.
No punishment, in my opinion, is too great, for the man who can build his greatness upon his country's ruin~  George Washington

Conservatism is more than just an attitude, if it were just attitude, one might not be able to be more so than Gohmert and he deserves full credit but leading the state, shepherding legislation, that all counts for something too.
That is not what you said.  Complete change of subject./

You called Perry a Christian above and beyond others, and specifically named Gohmert as one he is superior to.

You need to explain how that is rather than changing the subject as you are wont to do I see.

Throwing garbage against the wall and hope it sticks does not cut it.
« Last Edit: January 20, 2017, 02:37:43 am by IsailedawayfromFR »
No punishment, in my opinion, is too great, for the man who can build his greatness upon his country's ruin~  George Washington

Online corbe

By coincidence, the ones putting Perry down also put Trump down. Now, who do they like so much? But somehow, they have to shoehorn in other excuses; to continue an arrogance and attitude of condescension to really shield their dirty tricks.

Your projecting again.   

Perry was OK as a Governor, and though he wasn't pro queer and gay marriage, there are a few things, Gardasal and TTC that clearly means at best he was a RINO, but he was our RINO.

What would you have had us Texans do @TomSea vote for the democraps Sanchez, Bell or White in the gubernatorial elections you mentioned?  Gov. Perry had NO credible opposition in his Republican primary's in Texas.

Now Trump on the other hand did have a credible opponent in the primary, who he slew with his unsubstantiated lies and now your guy reigns supreme, congratulations.   .
No government in the 12,000 years of modern mankind history has led its people into anything but the history books with a simple lesson, don't let this happen to you.

Offline TomSea

Are Trump detractors from New York? You hear folks put him down here all the time.

Online corbe

Are Trump detractors from New York? You hear folks put him down here all the time.

@TomSea
   Considering more Americans voted AGAINST him than FOR him, I'd say your worst dream is true, we're everywhere.
No government in the 12,000 years of modern mankind history has led its people into anything but the history books with a simple lesson, don't let this happen to you.

Offline txradioguy

• Propaganda NCOIC
  • Cat Mod
  • Rule #39

That's because we can recognize Liberals when it appears youre incapable of doing so.
The libs/dems of today are the Quislings of former years. The cowards who would vote a fraud into office in exchange for handouts from the devil.

Here lies in honored glory an American soldier, known but to God

THE ESTABLISHMENT IS THE PROBLEM...NOT THE SOLUTION

Republicans Don't Need A Back Bench...They Need a BACKBONE!

Offline txradioguy

• Propaganda NCOIC
  • Cat Mod
  • Rule #39

Midland, Texas is my home town. 

Sorry...you're wrong again.
The libs/dems of today are the Quislings of former years. The cowards who would vote a fraud into office in exchange for handouts from the devil.

Offline Just_Victor

Then check with me!

Perry has been ideal; he's on the team, he knows accomplishments are going to be accomplished from being a team-player, not a renegade. Name the issue and we'll see how Perry stacks up and a real world leader as well with real accomplishments.

And now as the nominee for DoE Secretary, he suddenly believes in globull warming.  And that is typical of his entire political career which I've watched from the beginning right here in Houston where I've lived for 52 years.

The man is a windsock.
« Last Edit: January 20, 2017, 03:12:51 am by Just_Victor »
If all I want is a warm feeling, I should just wet my pants.

Offline TomSea

Unless one is from NY, they have no right to criticize Trump; boy, do we have a double standard now.    :laugh:

Offline txradioguy

• Propaganda NCOIC
  • Cat Mod
  • Rule #39
Unless one is from NY, they have no right to criticize Trump; boy, do we have a double standard now.    :laugh:

You're so cute when you use the same phrases they spout at DU.

And now as the nominee for DoE Secretary, he suddenly believes in globull warming.  And that is typical of his entire political career which I've watched from the beginning right here in Houston where I've lived for 52 years.

The man is a windsock.
I was thinking it was just the Aggie in him, but you might have a point.....

Offline Frank Cannon

Oh, I see - Tom knows that the rest of us aren't Christians.  He's pretty amazing....

Let's be honest. You were pretty open about being a Druid on that angry screed a couple years ago. Tommy remembers everything.

Offline Frank Cannon

I've stated before and concur with your comment. There is something very fishy going on here.

Offline TomSea

Yes, many of us Texans warned y'all about Perry in the primaries.  I don't dislike him.  I just understand who and what he is.
@Sanguine

Then maybe Ya'll can tell us why some of those parading around telling us they didn't vote for Trump are from Texas and why now this logic doesn't apply to criticizing Trump.

Sounds like hypocrisy to me.

Offline Just_Victor

@Sanguine

Then maybe Ya'll can tell us why some of those parading around telling us they didn't vote for Trump are from Texas and why now this logic doesn't apply to criticizing Trump.

Sounds like hypocrisy to me.

I'll criticize Trump and/or Perry when they aren't conservative.  And I'll praise them when they are.  And I encourage you to do the same.  No hypocrisy here.
If all I want is a warm feeling, I should just wet my pants.

Offline TomSea

Perry controls the nukes, you want to talk about power, that's some.

Oh, but we've got to hear from those who know him; and he's not the messiah.
« Last Edit: January 20, 2017, 03:46:05 am by TomSea »

Offline Sanguine

• Ex-member
Let's be honest. You were pretty open about being a Druid on that angry screed a couple years ago. Tommy remembers everything.

Darn!  I'd forgotten about that.

Online Bigun

• Resistance to Tyrants is Obedience to God
    • The FairTax Plan

After the election I completely cleaned out my ignore list.  Since then only one poster here has re-earned a spot on that list. It's the one you responded to here.
"I wish it need not have happened in my time," said Frodo.

"So do I," said Gandalf, "and so do all who live to see such times. But that is not for them to decide. All we have to decide is what to do with the time that is given us."
- J. R. R. Tolkien

Online corbe

@TomSea   Found this for ya.

Sen. Ted Cruz Set to Address CPAC 2017

WASHINGTON DC – The 2017 Conservative Political Action Conference (CPAC) announced that Sen. Ted Cruz (R-TX) will participate in this February’s conference. Sen. Cruz (ACU Lifetime Rating: 100%) has dedicated himself to reducing the role of government in American’s lives and continues to be at the forefront of the fight to repeal and replace Obamacare. CPAC 2017 will be held at the Gaylord National Resort and Convention Center at the National Harbor in Maryland, February 22nd through the 25th.

CPAC Chairman Matt Schlapp said, “Sen. Ted Cruz has never been afraid to stand up for our conservative values. The thousands of grassroots activists who attend CPAC appreciate Sen. Cruz’s steadfast dedication to the conservative movement. His principled remarks will remind conservatives of what’s at stake and his message will resonate with the millions of conservatives across America who tune into our event,” said Schlapp.

Sen. Cruz said, “CPAC 2017 is going to be one for the history books as conservatives gather not only in fellowship over our shared values, but in celebration of Republican victories across Congress and the White House. Incredible opportunities lie ahead for our movement and I am thrilled to once again be part of this gathering of young patriots from across the country who work tirelessly to promote and defend the conservative principles that are the key to creating opportunity for all,” said Sen. Cruz.

Sen. Cruz first addressed CPAC before he was elected to the U.S. Senate. In his first appearance, he introduced another political novice making his first political speech, then-businessman Donald Trump.

This year’s theme is “We the People: Reclaiming America’s Promise.”

http://conservative.org/ted-cruz-set-to-address-cpac-2017/

Offline TomSea

Some cultists say they didn't vote for Romney, they don't vote for Trump, I think there point is more how they don't like anyone rather than taking a principled position. That's just a facade because their messiah endorsed both. The cultists are just bullies; their messiah doesn't have excessive accomplishments to be talking that game. They just like someone who told the system to go stuff it a few times, with the shutting down of the government (denied by the messiah) and the convention.

They tear down Perry here, so equal play.