Author Topic: Rick Perry: ‘I regret’ calling for the elimination of the Energy Department  (Read 5760 times)

Offline Sanguine

• Ex-member
Check with anyone from Texas, Perry is a lot of things, but "Conservative Firebrand," isn't one of them.

Yes, many of us Texans warned y'all about Perry in the primaries.  I don't dislike him.  I just understand who and what he is.

Offline TomSea

• All deserve a trial if accused
Check with anyone from Texas, Perry is a lot of things, but "Conservative Firebrand," isn't one of them.

Then check with me!

Perry has been ideal; he's on the team, he knows accomplishments are going to be accomplished from being a team-player, not a renegade. Name the issue and we'll see how Perry stacks up and a real world leader as well with real accomplishments.

Offline TomSea

Perry may be no Mike Pence but I go with the guvnors any day of the week.

Offline Frank Cannon

Yes, many of us Texans warned y'all about Perry in the primaries.  I don't dislike him.  I just understand who and what he is.

Well, it looks like your warnings went heeded because once again Perry didn't go anywhere in the Primary.

Offline txradioguy

• Propaganda NCOIC
  • Cat Mod
  • Rule #39
Then check with me!

Perry has been ideal; he's on the team, he knows accomplishments are going to be accomplished from being a team-player, not a renegade. Name the issue and we'll see how Perry stacks up and a real world leader as well with real accomplishments.

You think Ron Paul was conservative. Why should we take your word on Governor Good Hair?
The libs/dems of today are the Quislings of former years. The cowards who would vote a fraud into office in exchange for handouts from the devil.

Here lies in honored glory an American soldier, known but to God

THE ESTABLISHMENT IS THE PROBLEM...NOT THE SOLUTION

Republicans Don't Need A Back Bench...They Need a BACKBONE!

Offline TomSea

Talk is cheap; back it up, with what issues? Vaccines? Other than that, he matches up well; and yes, he is a former democrat which would be the biggest mark against him.

Offline ABX

• Words full of sound and fury, signifying nothing.

Offline txradioguy

• Propaganda NCOIC
  • Cat Mod
  • Rule #39
Talk is cheap; back it up, with what issues? Vaccines? Other than that, he matches up well; and yes, he is a former democrat which would be the biggest mark against him.

Mandatory HPV vaccinations of all girls 12 years old.

How's that for starters?

Then there's the Trans-Texas corridor.

Then there's the increase in business taxes.

Shall I continue?
The libs/dems of today are the Quislings of former years. The cowards who would vote a fraud into office in exchange for handouts from the devil.

Offline Frank Cannon

You really are ill informed....

Trans-Texas Corridor
2006 "Tax Swap"
HPV

Offline TomSea

Social Conservative Par Excellence, stood up for the BSA to remain the same per the gay issue, has stood up for life virtually every time, stood up for traditional marriage, Democrats made him the victim of the dirtiest tricks with those charges.

Offline txradioguy

• Propaganda NCOIC
  • Cat Mod
  • Rule #39
Social Conservative Par Excellence, stood up for the BSA to remain the same per the gay issue, has stood up for life virtually every time, stood up for traditional marriage, Democrats made him the victim of the dirtiest tricks with those charges.

Yeah... sure they did.

Offline Frank Cannon

So did Bart Stupak. Who gives a shit.

Offline TomSea

And if this admin. is successful in gaining victories for conservative values which is already happening, Perry got on the train a pretty long time ago. Actual doing things counts versus just saying something in the press.

Offline txradioguy

• Propaganda NCOIC
  • Cat Mod
  • Rule #39
Then there's the disastrous Texas Enterprise Fund.

Offline txradioguy

• Propaganda NCOIC
  • Cat Mod
  • Rule #39
And if this admin. is successful in gaining victories for conservative values which is already happening, Perry got on the train a pretty long time ago. Actual doing things counts versus just saying something in the press.

The incoming administration hasn't done Juliette Sierra for Conservative anything.

And they won't either.

Offline TomSea

Those of us who are Christians, know Perry has exemplified Biblical Christian values than virtually any of these politicians, even Louis Gohmert or any others in the past 30 years. So, touche.

Offline txradioguy

• Propaganda NCOIC
  • Cat Mod
  • Rule #39
Those of us who are Christians, know Perry has exemplified Biblical Christian values than virtually any of these politicians, even Louis Gohmert or any others in the past 30 years. So, touche.

Really?  What proof do you have of this wild claim you're making?

Offline TomSea

I don't expect much else from the Cruz-cult but to tear down others who aren't their messiah; they might as well be called Perry haters. It's their own medicine to their lazy arguments.

Offline TomSea

Sure, the Cruz cult has stuck their finger out at Trump all the time, saying the dirtiest things about him all the time.  That's all their defending, with Perry there are concrete accomplishments and he has a very high responsible important job.

Offline corbe

I don't expect much else from the Cruz-cult but to tear down others who aren't their messiah; they might as well be called Perry haters. It's their own medicine to their lazy arguments.

Cruz really bothers you, doesn't he, @TomSea   There's got to be an online 12 or more step program that you could benefit from since the thorazine's not working. 
No government in the 12,000 years of modern mankind history has led its people into anything but the history books with a simple lesson, don't let this happen to you.

Offline IsailedawayfromFR

How do you live every day spreading that debris?

I have Louis Gohmert as my representative and he exemplifies all a politician could ever want in being a Christian.

He even attends the same church I attend and preaches at times when the pastor is away. No where is message stronger than the continued problems of furtherance of God from our government.

What type of example have you that Perry is that 'model' for Christian values?

Perry has compared being gay with being an alcoholic.  He has also strongly supported Dreamers that is to allow people illegally to escape their accountability.

Rick Santorum had a few other choice words to say about his social conservatism.
http://blog.chron.com/txpotomac/2011/07/rick-vs-rick-santorum-rips-perry-on-10th-amendment-social-issues/
No punishment, in my opinion, is too great, for the man who can build his greatness upon his country's ruin~  George Washington

Offline TomSea

Elected 3 times to the Governorship; but gee, only us in the state really understand him; and the Cult Messiah has won only 1 election in state. Oh, well, let the lazy arguments continue.

Gun Control, Pro-Life, Perry is exemplary on all of these issues, standing up for principle to the point he was threatened with jail in representing his constituents.

Offline IsailedawayfromFR

Elected 3 times to the Governorship; but gee, only us in the state really understand him; and the Cult Messiah has won only 1 election in state. Oh, well, let the lazy arguments continue.

Gun Control, Pro-Life, Perry is exemplary on all of these issues, standing up for principle to the point he was threatened with jail in representing his constituents.
You compared Gohmert with him.  Explain it.
No punishment, in my opinion, is too great, for the man who can build his greatness upon his country's ruin~  George Washington

Offline Suppressed

RINO Ron Paul

Ron Paul's views were right from the old traditional Republican platform, so it's bizarre to call him a "RINO".  Republican didn't used to mean  going off on foreign adventures, etc.
+++++++++
“In the outside world, I'm a simple geologist. But in here .... I am Falcor, Defender of the Alliance” --Randy Marsh

“The most effectual means of being secure against pain is to retire within ourselves, and to suffice for our own happiness.” -- Thomas Jefferson

“He's so dumb he thinks a Mexican border pays rent.” --Foghorn Leghorn

Offline Sanguine

• Ex-member

Oh, I see - Tom knows that the rest of us aren't Christians.  He's pretty amazing....