Author Topic: Church Bans Donald Trump’s Name Because It’s A ‘Trauma Trigger’  (Read 4067 times)

Offline txradioguy

• Propaganda NCOIC
  • Cat Mod
  • Rule #39
Re: Church Bans Donald Trump’s Name Because It’s A ‘Trauma Trigger’
« Reply #25 on: January 16, 2017, 08:03:48 pm »
I am Mod2, the Great and Powerful!

Impossible!  I  Mod 2. Anyone else is a cheap impersonation of the original.
The libs/dems of today are the Quislings of former years. The cowards who would vote a fraud into office in exchange for handouts from the devil.

Here lies in honored glory an American soldier, known but to God

THE ESTABLISHMENT IS THE PROBLEM...NOT THE SOLUTION

Republicans Don't Need A Back Bench...They Need a BACKBONE!

Offline Sanguine

• Ex-member
« Reply #26 on: January 16, 2017, 08:07:17 pm »
Impossible!  I  Mod 2. Anyone else is a cheap impersonation of the original.

Oh,  honey,  cheap I am not.
« Last Edit: January 16, 2017, 08:07:38 pm by Sanguine »

Offline txradioguy

• Propaganda NCOIC
  • Cat Mod
  • Rule #39
« Reply #27 on: January 16, 2017, 08:09:17 pm »
Oh,  honey,  cheap I am not.

Don't know a woman that is!

*ducks*
The libs/dems of today are the Quislings of former years. The cowards who would vote a fraud into office in exchange for handouts from the devil.

Silver Pines

Online DCPatriot

• "...and the winning number is...not yours!
« Reply #29 on: January 16, 2017, 09:32:33 pm »
I am Mod2, the Great and Powerful!

:laugh:
"It aint what you don't know that kills you.  It's what you know that aint so!" ...Theodore Sturgeon

"Journalism is about covering the news.  With a pillow.  Until it stops moving."    - David Burge (Iowahawk)

"It was only a sunny smile, and little it cost in the giving, but like morning light it scattered the night and made the day worth living" F. Scott Fitzgerald

Offline Sanguine

• Ex-member

Offline Machiavelli

• Curmudgeon
  • Realist
« Reply #31 on: January 17, 2017, 09:52:30 pm »
Todd Starnes
ToddStarnes.com
January 15, 2017

Parishioners at a California Episcopal church will no longer pray by name for the president of the United States over fears the name "Donald Trump" might trigger microaggressions among sanctified snowflakes.

Mike Kinman, the rector of All Saints Church in Pasadena, broke the news to the congregation in a blog posting that was filled with all sorts of liturgical lunacy.
More

Offline Machiavelli

• Curmudgeon
  • Realist
« Reply #32 on: January 17, 2017, 09:59:29 pm »
As a former Episcopalian I can tell you that this is nothing unusual for them.

Offline Doug Loss

• Proud Tennessean
« Reply #33 on: January 17, 2017, 10:13:26 pm »
As a former Episcopalian I can tell you that this is nothing unusual for them.

Well what do you expect?  They're Episcopal, not Christian.
My political philosophy:

1) I'm not bothering anybody.
2) It's none of your business.
3) Leave me alone!

Offline Sanguine

• Ex-member
« Reply #34 on: January 18, 2017, 12:27:37 pm »
Well what do you expect?  They're Episcopal, not Christian.

Wow.  I guess that's why we don't have threads on religion here.

Offline mountaineer

« Reply #35 on: January 18, 2017, 01:01:20 pm »
Wow.  I guess that's why we don't have threads on religion here.
Exactly. As I tried to share above, this congregation in Pasadena may be an embarrassment, but there are many good, Bible-believing Episcopalian congregations in this country. Painting all with the same broad brush is neither fair nor helpful.
Support Israel's emergency medical service. afmda.org

Offline Doug Loss

• Proud Tennessean
« Reply #36 on: January 18, 2017, 02:46:01 pm »
Didn't the Episcopals get read out of the Anglican Communion?  And aren't African Anglicans sending missionaries to the US to try to retrieve some of these parishes to the real church?  Sorry, but if there are good Bible-believing Episcopal congregations, then need to leave the Episcopal church immediately and affiliate with an organization that still believes.  I suggest one of the various Western Rite Orthodox hierarchies.

http://www.antiochian.org/western-rite
http://www.rocor-wr.org/
http://www.westernorthodox.com/
My political philosophy:

3) Leave me alone!

Offline r9etb

« Reply #37 on: January 18, 2017, 02:54:34 pm »
Didn't the Episcopals get read out of the Anglican Communion?  And aren't African Anglicans sending missionaries to the US to try to retrieve some of these parishes to the real church?  Sorry, but if there are good Bible-believing Episcopal congregations, then need to leave the Episcopal church immediately and affiliate with an organization that still believes.  I suggest one of the various Western Rite Orthodox hierarchies.

I presume you're speaking from ignorance and not malice.

Offline r9etb

« Reply #39 on: January 18, 2017, 05:02:43 pm »
https://www.washingtonpost.com/news/acts-of-faith/wp/2016/01/14/anglican-communion-suspends-the-episcopal-church-for-3-years-from-committees/?utm_term=.d55c0408c22c
http://religionnews.com/2016/01/14/episcopal-church-suspended-anglican-communion/
http://www.cnn.com/2016/01/14/world/episcopal-church-suspended/index.html

While it's very nice of you to include links that I don't need to open -- I'm well aware of what's in them -- I was not referring to that topic.

Rather, I'm referring to your apparent ignorance about the "Christianity" of Episcopalians or, in your view, our lack of it.  The pharisees used to play such games.

But if you really want to play the "link game," I'll counter with this.
https://www.biblegateway.com/passage/?search=Matthew+7:3-5

Offline Doug Loss

• Proud Tennessean
« Reply #40 on: January 18, 2017, 05:46:00 pm »
While it's very nice of you to include links that I don't need to open -- I'm well aware of what's in them -- I was not referring to that topic.

Rather, I'm referring to your apparent ignorance about the "Christianity" of Episcopalians or, in your view, our lack of it.  The pharisees used to play such games.

But if you really want to play the "link game," I'll counter with this.
https://www.biblegateway.com/passage/?search=Matthew+7:3-5

Actually, you were responding to a post of mine specifically about that topic.  But sure, change the subject.  I'm not speaking to the christianity of individuals still attending Episcopal churches, but to that of the Episcopal Church hierarchy.  And I think a strong case can be made that that hierarchy no longer considers belief in the divinity of Christ to be a requirement for good standing within the Episcopal Church.  That is (to me at least) the very definition of "no longer Christian."
My political philosophy:

3) Leave me alone!

Offline r9etb

« Reply #41 on: January 18, 2017, 06:08:51 pm »
Actually, you were responding to a post of mine specifically about that topic.  But sure, change the subject. 

I was responding to your generally combative tone, actually.  That post was just the one I decided to point to.

I'm not speaking to the christianity of individuals still attending Episcopal churches, but to that of the Episcopal Church hierarchy.

Sure you are.  Just admit it.

And I think a strong case can be made that that hierarchy no longer considers belief in the divinity of Christ to be a requirement for good standing within the Episcopal Church.  That is (to me at least) the very definition of "no longer Christian."

That's not true.  Whatever other arguments and complaints you might have about the Episcopal Church, belief in the divinity of Christ is still central to our theology and worship.

All that to say, you sure do make a lot of assumptions about Christians and their motives.  You probably shouldn't do that.
« Last Edit: January 18, 2017, 06:10:18 pm by r9etb »

Offline Idaho_Cowboy

• Ride for the Brand - Joshua 24:15
« Reply #42 on: January 18, 2017, 06:55:51 pm »
They must mean the same kind of stupid "trauma trigger" as 'butt hurt' was declared here?   :laugh:
I haven't needed to use that phrase in my prayers, but ya never know... :laugh:
“The way I see it, every time a man gets up in the morning he starts his life over. Sure, the bills are there to pay, and the job is there to do, but you don't have to stay in a pattern. You can always start over, saddle a fresh horse and take another trail.” ― Louis L'Amour

Offline Doug Loss

• Proud Tennessean
« Reply #43 on: January 18, 2017, 07:30:39 pm »
I was responding to your generally combative tone, actually.  That post was just the one I decided to point to.

Sure you are.  Just admit it.

That's not true.  Whatever other arguments and complaints you might have about the Episcopal Church, belief in the divinity of Christ is still central to our theology and worship.

All that to say, you sure do make a lot of assumptions about Christians and their motives.  You probably shouldn't do that.

Ah, so you're calling me a liar now.  As to assumptions, I believe you're the one making unwarranted assumptions here.  I'm posting links to articles supporting my position, such as these:

http://www.christianpost.com/news/conservative-anglican-rejects-priest-s-defense-of-episcopal-church-37521/
http://blog.adw.org/2013/04/total-loss-file-a-prominent-episcopal-leader-denies-the-need-for-the-bodily-resurrection-of-jesus/

As I said before (and for which you accused me of lying), I'm not saying that everyone attending an Episcopal church has forsaken christianity, but I am saying (and presenting supporting evidence) that the hierarchy of the Episcopal Church has done so.  Which makes me wonder why Christians still attend these churches.
My political philosophy:

3) Leave me alone!

Offline Sanguine

• Ex-member
« Reply #44 on: January 18, 2017, 07:31:47 pm »
Ah, so you're calling me a liar now.  As to assumptions, I believe you're the one making unwarranted assumptions here.  I'm posting links to articles supporting my position, such as these:

http://www.christianpost.com/news/conservative-anglican-rejects-priest-s-defense-of-episcopal-church-37521/
http://blog.adw.org/2013/04/total-loss-file-a-prominent-episcopal-leader-denies-the-need-for-the-bodily-resurrection-of-jesus/

As I said before (and for which you accused me of lying), I'm not saying that everyone attending an Episcopal church has forsaken christianity, but I am saying (and presenting supporting evidence) that the hierarchy of the Episcopal Church has done so.  Which makes me wonder why Christians still attend these churches.

Doug, this might be one of those "when you're in a hole" situations....

Offline Doug Loss

• Proud Tennessean
« Reply #45 on: January 18, 2017, 07:43:22 pm »
Doug, this might be one of those "when you're in a hole" situations....

Yeah, you're probably right.  I've made my point; whether anyone is willing to consider it is something else again.
My political philosophy:

3) Leave me alone!

Offline txradioguy

• Propaganda NCOIC
  • Cat Mod
  • Rule #39
« Reply #46 on: January 18, 2017, 08:12:46 pm »
The thing I always find hypocritical about stuff like this is that churches that espouse Liberal dogma get a pass in the media.

Churches or individual believers who are Conservative have the mythical separation wall tossed in their faces and threats to have their tax exempt status revoked.
« Last Edit: January 18, 2017, 08:13:29 pm by txradioguy »

Offline r9etb

« Reply #47 on: January 18, 2017, 08:58:51 pm »
The thing I always find hypocritical about stuff like this is that churches that espouse Liberal dogma get a pass in the media.

Churches or individual believers who are Conservative have the mythical separation wall tossed in their faces and threats to have their tax exempt status revoked.

There are a few reasons for that. 

To begin with, these arguments are almost always started by liberal attempts to change something.  Whether or not they're ultimately correct, liberals find it a lot easier to connect the Jesus of the Gospels to "liberal dogma" about things such as "inclusion," judgment, care for the poor, and so on.  There's a certain emotional appeal to it.  Conservative counter-arguments tend to be intellectual and practical in nature, which by its nature is a harder argument to make; and moreover, there's often a kernel of truth to the liberal argument that more conservative Christians need to acknowledge. 

The weakness of liberal dogma is that it often relies on wishes and pretense as opposed to reality, or actual human nature (i.e., we must accept Bruce Jenner's claim to be a "she;" same-sex unions are no different from traditional marriage....).  The weakness of conservative religious arguments is that they often deal with actual people as abstractions (e.g., "the gays", as opposed to people we actually know).  Christian solutions probably ought to fall in the middle -- acknowledging the liberal claim that there is a problem; and the conservative way of dealing with it in a way that is honest and realistic.

The conservative response is generally intrinsically a harder sell; the media generally buy into the liberal dogma, have no problem highlighting our weaknesses and misbehavior  while turning a blind eye to, or failing even to recognize, the difficulties of the liberal side.

Unfortunately, we conservatives often defend our positions in ways that make us look bad: mean, provincial, stupid, vindictive... what have you.  We can often look not very much like the sort of Christian that Jesus talked about.  Liberals are great at pointing out the hypocrisy of others, and unfortunately they get a lot of mileage out of our behavior.