Author Topic: One habit Trump says he will keep as president: tweeting  (Read 12823 times)

Offline txradioguy

• Propaganda NCOIC
  • Cat Mod
  • Rule #39
Re: One habit Trump says he will keep as president: tweeting
« Reply #175 on: January 18, 2017, 10:28:42 pm »
And, they haven't been pushing back preemptively?

Not even close to what they could do if he treats the media the way some here want him to.
The libs/dems of today are the Quislings of former years. The cowards who would vote a fraud into office in exchange for handouts from the devil.

Here lies in honored glory an American soldier, known but to God

THE ESTABLISHMENT IS THE PROBLEM...NOT THE SOLUTION

Republicans Don't Need A Back Bench...They Need a BACKBONE!

Online Cyber Liberty

• Coffee! Donuts! Kittens!
  • Administrator
  • 🌵🌵🌵
« Reply #176 on: January 18, 2017, 10:29:55 pm »
So let's say he does what y'all are hoping for and lays the smacks own on the media...

Do you not think they won't push back?

There are ways that none of you have seemed to think about or actually care about that they could do if he treats them in the crappy way some here are calling for.

For every action...

Yes, because treating the media as friends has worked out so well for any Republican, especially this one.   ^-^
For unvaccinated, we are looking at a winter of severe illness and death — if you’re unvaccinated — for themselves, their families, and the hospitals they’ll soon overwhelm. Sloe Joe Biteme 12/16
I will NOT comply.

Castillo del Cyber Autonomous Zone ~~~~~>                          :dontfeed:

Online Cyber Liberty

• Administrator
  • 🌵🌵🌵
« Reply #177 on: January 18, 2017, 10:31:33 pm »
Not even close to what they could do if he treats the media the way some here want him to.

Well, that's hard to imagine considering the "dossier story" CNN had just unpacked.  Besides, this press room thing is engineered in a manner where they'll have to stick the knife, not him.
For unvaccinated, we are looking at a winter of severe illness and death — if you’re unvaccinated — for themselves, their families, and the hospitals they’ll soon overwhelm. Sloe Joe Biteme 12/16
I will NOT comply.

Offline DCPatriot

• "...and the winning number is...not yours!
« Reply #178 on: January 18, 2017, 10:32:17 pm »
Yes, because treating the media as friends has worked out so well for any Republican, especially this one.   ^-^

Some people just like to play 'Contrarian" it seems.   

As POTUS, myself....I'd level the entire NYT building and their printing presses.   No pile higher than 3 feet. 

PS:  do I need a sarcasm tag here, @INVAR    :patriot:
« Last Edit: January 18, 2017, 10:33:05 pm by DCPatriot »
"It aint what you don't know that kills you.  It's what you know that aint so!" ...Theodore Sturgeon

"Journalism is about covering the news.  With a pillow.  Until it stops moving."    - David Burge (Iowahawk)

"It was only a sunny smile, and little it cost in the giving, but like morning light it scattered the night and made the day worth living" F. Scott Fitzgerald

Offline txradioguy

• Propaganda NCOIC
  • Cat Mod
  • Rule #39
« Reply #179 on: January 18, 2017, 10:32:26 pm »

The media is never your friend. Even when they act like it. They ALL have an agenda and a job to do.

That is an integral part of every briefing I give on desling with them.

You don't have to be friends with them...but you don't treat them like sh*t either.
The libs/dems of today are the Quislings of former years. The cowards who would vote a fraud into office in exchange for handouts from the devil.

Online Cyber Liberty

• Administrator
  • 🌵🌵🌵
« Reply #180 on: January 18, 2017, 10:35:30 pm »
The media is never your friend. Even when they act like it. They ALL have an agenda and a job to do.

That is an integral part of every briefing I give on desling with them.

You don't have to be friends with them...but you don't treat them like sh*t either.

They've already developed a pattern of freaking out and playing the victim every time he tweets, so it's pretty hard to tell the new President that.  As Harry Truman supposedly said when asked about "Give 'em Hell, Harry!"  He just said, "I tell 'em like it is and it seems like Hell."
I will NOT comply.

Offline Cripplecreek

• Constitutional Extremist
« Reply #181 on: January 18, 2017, 10:37:35 pm »
So let's say he does what y'all are hoping for and lays the smacks own on the media...

Do you not think they won't push back?

There are ways that none of you have seemed to think about or actually care about that they could do if he treats them in the crappy way some here are calling for.

For every action...

There's an old saying about picking a fight with someone who buys ink by the barrel.

Offline txradioguy

• Propaganda NCOIC
  • Cat Mod
  • Rule #39
« Reply #182 on: January 18, 2017, 10:37:51 pm »
Well, that's hard to imagine considering the "dossier story" CNN had just unpacked.  Besides, this press room thing is engineered in a manner where they'll have to stick the knife, not him.

You're thinking too short sighted. I don't mean that as a slam...bur you're not thinking like them.

Kinda hard for Trump to hold an evening address to the nation if the networks deny the WH airtime in prime time.

Kinda hard to announce a new initiative if the wire services don't run your press release.

How much coverage is he going to get on a foreign trip if the majority of the pool reporters skip the trip?

And before anyone just blurts out FOX NEWS!!! Remember their best ratings don't touch the third place ratingsof CBS on an average night.

A larger room to hold the daily Briefing GS doesn't mean squat if the reporters don't show up.
« Last Edit: January 18, 2017, 10:38:18 pm by txradioguy »

Offline txradioguy

• Propaganda NCOIC
  • Cat Mod
  • Rule #39
« Reply #183 on: January 18, 2017, 10:38:43 pm »
There's an old saying about picking a fight with someone who buys ink by the barrel.

BINGO!!

Online Bigun

• Resistance to Tyrants is Obedience to God
    • The FairTax Plan
« Reply #184 on: January 18, 2017, 10:39:27 pm »

That's true! But now days most of the ink is of the cyber variety!
"I wish it need not have happened in my time," said Frodo.

"So do I," said Gandalf, "and so do all who live to see such times. But that is not for them to decide. All we have to decide is what to do with the time that is given us."
- J. R. R. Tolkien

Offline INVAR

• Dread To Tread
    • Sword At The Ready
« Reply #185 on: January 18, 2017, 10:39:36 pm »
One thing is for certain: Trump is not going to do anything but further divide and agitate - because a statesman he is not.

And then there will be Obama in DC doing a national form of Community Agitating, and he might as well create a White House Press room set in his new mansion because I suspect that is where the press will set up shop anyway.

We will have two monarchs existing at the same time - one with actual power, and the other one a figure head, there to stoke the mobs of Commies and Leftists to continue their revolution.

On the bright side though - Trump and Obama may ignite the spark that sets all the divisions off rather than the slow burn and grind to devolution we have been on.

It's gonna happen sooner or later.
Fart for freedom, fart for liberty and fart proudly.  - Benjamin Franklin

...Obsta principiis—Nip the shoots of arbitrary power in the bud, is the only maxim which can ever preserve the liberties of any people. When the people give way, their deceivers, betrayers and destroyers press upon them so fast that there is no resisting afterwards. The nature of the encroachment upon [the] American constitution is such, as to grow every day more and more encroaching. Like a cancer, it eats faster and faster every hour." - John Adams, February 6, 1775

Offline DCPatriot

« Reply #186 on: January 18, 2017, 10:40:20 pm »
BINGO!!

And you don't think they've gone thru dozens of barrels trying to bring him down the past 2 years?   
"It aint what you don't know that kills you.  It's what you know that aint so!" ...Theodore Sturgeon

"Journalism is about covering the news.  With a pillow.  Until it stops moving."    - David Burge (Iowahawk)

"It was only a sunny smile, and little it cost in the giving, but like morning light it scattered the night and made the day worth living" F. Scott Fitzgerald

HonestJohn

« Reply #187 on: January 18, 2017, 10:43:32 pm »
That's true! But now days most of the ink is of the cyber variety!

That's true.  But how many small bloggers can afford to travel to Washington and write about a press conference?

Most only rewrite what Reuters, AP, CNN, BBC, large newspapers produce.

Online Cyber Liberty

• Administrator
  • 🌵🌵🌵
« Reply #188 on: January 18, 2017, 10:51:02 pm »
You're thinking too short sighted. I don't mean that as a slam...bur you're not thinking like them.

Kinda hard for Trump to hold an evening address to the nation if the networks deny the WH airtime in prime time.

Kinda hard to announce a new initiative if the wire services don't run your press release.

How much coverage is he going to get on a foreign trip if the majority of the pool reporters skip the trip?

And before anyone just blurts out FOX NEWS!!! Remember their best ratings don't touch the third place ratingsof CBS on an average night.

A larger room to hold the daily Briefing GS doesn't mean squat if the reporters don't show up.

I don't take it as a slam, TRG.  We'll just have to wait and see.  Trump seems to be writing his own rules right now.  I don't think the reporters can shun him successfully for the same reason people watch trainwrecks, and I don't think this business of the press room is a slap-fest anyway.
I will NOT comply.

Offline Sanguine

• Ex-member
« Reply #189 on: January 18, 2017, 10:52:17 pm »
That's true.  But how many small bloggers can afford to travel to Washington and write about a press conference?

Most only rewrite what Reuters, AP, CNN, BBC, large newspapers produce.

That may change.  There are a lot of on-the-scene bloggers out there now - Daniel Yon comes to mind.

Online Cyber Liberty

• Administrator
  • 🌵🌵🌵
« Reply #190 on: January 18, 2017, 10:53:55 pm »
That may change.  There are a lot of on-the-scene bloggers out there now - Daniel Yon comes to mind.

I don't know what to think about Mr. Yon until Humblegunner weighs in.   ****slapping 22222frying pan :chairbang:
I will NOT comply.

Offline DCPatriot

« Reply #191 on: January 18, 2017, 10:54:37 pm »
I'm "friends" with Clarice Feldman, on Facebook and she told us the other day that she received notice that she may be invited to a seat in the expanded WH Press Room.

We're all cheering for her.   

Offline Sanguine

• Ex-member
« Reply #192 on: January 18, 2017, 11:11:02 pm »
I don't know what to think about Mr. Yon until Humblegunner weighs in.   ****slapping 22222frying pan :chairbang:

Uh huh.

And, it's Michael Yon, not Daniel. 

Offline EC

• Shanghaied Editor
  • Cats rule. Dogs drool.
« Reply #193 on: January 18, 2017, 11:21:04 pm »
He did good work in the sandpit.
The universe doesn't hate you. Unless your name is Tsutomu Yamaguchi

I've got a website now: Smoke and Ink

Offline Frank Cannon

« Reply #194 on: January 18, 2017, 11:42:42 pm »
Wow. This train wreck thread is up to 8 pages already.

Cheers everyone!

Offline DCPatriot

« Reply #195 on: January 18, 2017, 11:44:11 pm »
Wow. This train wreck thread is up to 8 pages already.

Cheers everyone!

You're welcome.    :beer:

Offline mystery-ak

• Owner
  • Administrator
  • Let's Go Brandon!
« Reply #196 on: January 19, 2017, 12:07:53 am »
I'm "friends" with Clarice Feldman, on Facebook and she told us the other day that she received notice that she may be invited to a seat in the expanded WH Press Room.

We're all cheering for her.

That's cool....I am friends too and that reminds me that when anyone posts any of her articles she wants them excerpted....which we should be doing anyways.
Proud Supporter of Tunnel to Towers
Support the USO
Democrat Party...the Party of Infanticide

“Therefore do not worry about tomorrow, for tomorrow will worry about itself. Each day has enough trouble of its own.”
-Matthew 6:34

Offline DCPatriot

« Reply #197 on: January 19, 2017, 02:52:53 am »
That's cool....I am friends too and that reminds me that when anyone posts any of her articles she wants them excerpted....which we should be doing anyways.

Thanks for that reminder....I saw your suggestion we do that awhile ago. 

My excerpts of hers are a stretched a bit...because I hate cutting her 'pieces' in the middle of something so good.   :laugh:

I'll work on that.   

Offline DCPatriot

« Reply #198 on: January 19, 2017, 03:01:58 am »
I was coming back home from my billiard nine-ball tournament and heard John Batchelor's show talking with James Taranto regarding the tremendous time it is to be in journalism....because the NY and Washington media have, well....lost their freaking minds.

He said his Journal wasn't included in the survey, but the Washington Post and NYT...even though they have so-called Conservative writers...they dislike Trump so much that they're blowing it.

Right away I thought of Clarice Feldman expanding her reach beyond American Thinker.   She can be a superstar, because she is grounded in truth.

....seems so easy to recognize...but hate blinds.

Also, he spoke about their inside line being able to "tell China's story", which is intriguing to say the least.

The leader of China talks about "globalization of markets", but then clearly would like for China to be totally self-sufficient.

He mentioned that they've finally been able to produce a quality ball point pen...but not pencils.   Fascinating.

If journalists and big city papers would get back to reporting instead of framing news....Trump wouldn't be threatening in the manner he is doing right now.

Offline truth_seeker

• Common Sense Results Oriented Conservative Veteran
« Reply #199 on: January 19, 2017, 04:46:02 pm »
Until Twitter decides they don't want the liability and deletes his account.

They are a private businss and have full right to do that.
What do you think is the chance, that Twitter will do that, and push away the business of trump's supporters?

And why would they do so?

I believe you have poor judgment. But you are assertive, giving the false impression of your competence.

But that has been the pattern all along,, with #nevertrumpers on this site; their "safe place."

I dedicate Fiday January 20, 2017 to The Deacon.
"God must love the common man, he made so many of them.�  Abe Lincoln