Author Topic: One habit Trump says he will keep as president: tweeting  (Read 12819 times)

Offline txradioguy

• Propaganda NCOIC
  • Cat Mod
  • Rule #39
Re: One habit Trump says he will keep as president: tweeting
« Reply #150 on: January 18, 2017, 07:49:06 pm »
In today's climate, the Democrats would have gone after Ben for publishing his thoughts under the pseudonym "Poor Richard."

They'd throw Silence Dogood in Federal Prison.
« Last Edit: January 18, 2017, 07:51:41 pm by txradioguy »
The libs/dems of today are the Quislings of former years. The cowards who would vote a fraud into office in exchange for handouts from the devil.

Here lies in honored glory an American soldier, known but to God

THE ESTABLISHMENT IS THE PROBLEM...NOT THE SOLUTION

Republicans Don't Need A Back Bench...They Need a BACKBONE!

Offline txradioguy

• Propaganda NCOIC
  • Cat Mod
  • Rule #39
The libs/dems of today are the Quislings of former years. The cowards who would vote a fraud into office in exchange for handouts from the devil.

Offline endicom

« Reply #152 on: January 18, 2017, 07:51:30 pm »
Oh?

Unless they are defaming the President...also known as libel...they aren't to be interfered with in what they publish.

And I'll point out too that the legal standard for proving libel or slander takes more than someone climbing the media is dishonest in a Twitter post.

Your lack of knowledge of the Constitution is showing.

What in the world are you babbling about? You say the news media must have free and open access to the president and then post things having nothing to do with that.

This business...

"Freedom of the press in the United States is protected by the First Amendment to the United States Constitution. This clause is generally understood as a means to prevent the government from interfering with the distribution of information and opinions. Nevertheless, freedom of the press is subject to certain restrictions, such as the defamation law."

...says nothing about having access to the president or anyone else.

Offline Cyber Liberty

• Coffee! Donuts! Kittens!
  • Administrator
  • 🌵🌵🌵
« Reply #153 on: January 18, 2017, 08:12:22 pm »

What in the world are you babbling about? You say the news media must have free and open access to the president and then post things having nothing to do with that.

This business...

"Freedom of the press in the United States is protected by the First Amendment to the United States Constitution. This clause is generally understood as a means to prevent the government from interfering with the distribution of information and opinions. Nevertheless, freedom of the press is subject to certain restrictions, such as the defamation law."

The press has the right to pretty much say what they want, but that does not mean they have the right to talk to anybody they want to.  A rare moment of agreement, and I intend to relish the moment for a while.

I'm with the Trump man on this one.  The nature of mass media has gone through some dramatic changes over the past decade or two, and it's high time to adjust the protocols in DeeCee to reflect them.  A simple fact:  The press rooms in the White House are no longer large enough to accommodate all people who cover the White House.  It makes sense to move the briefings to the Executive Office Building, and if the press wants to be assholes about it, then they'll get what they're about to get:  "OK, we'll keep it in the White House.  You guys decide who you want to throw off the island." 

Then sit back and watch them fight.
For unvaccinated, we are looking at a winter of severe illness and death — if you’re unvaccinated — for themselves, their families, and the hospitals they’ll soon overwhelm. Sloe Joe Biteme 12/16
I will NOT comply.

Castillo del Cyber Autonomous Zone ~~~~~>                          :dontfeed:

Online Bigun

• Resistance to Tyrants is Obedience to God
    • The FairTax Plan
« Reply #154 on: January 18, 2017, 08:20:22 pm »
The press has the right to pretty much say what they want, but that does not mean they have the right to talk to anybody they want to.  A rare moment of agreement, and I intend to relish the moment for a while.

I'm with the Trump man on this one.  The nature of mass media has gone through some dramatic changes over the past decade or two, and it's high time to adjust the protocols in DeeCee to reflect them.  A simple fact:  The press rooms in the White House are no longer large enough to accommodate all people who cover the White House.  It makes sense to move the briefings to the Executive Office Building, and if the press wants to be assholes about it, then they'll get what they're about to get:  "OK, we'll keep it in the White House.  You guys decide who you want to throw off the island." 

For ages the NY Times has been able to call the tune as to what is or is not "News" in this country and I can't wait to see the end of that!  That by no means says that I support the idea of Trump losing his composure and tweeting anything he wants to as president!

"I wish it need not have happened in my time," said Frodo.

"So do I," said Gandalf, "and so do all who live to see such times. But that is not for them to decide. All we have to decide is what to do with the time that is given us."
- J. R. R. Tolkien

Offline beandog

« Reply #155 on: January 18, 2017, 08:24:46 pm »

This business...

It's funnt how both conservatives and liberals are always trying to change the words of the Constitution to suit their purpose.  Nowhere does it state that the press gets to say and write whatever they want and the President can't respond.  I believe he also has free speech and doesn't have to talk to any of them if he doesn't want to.

Offline INVAR

• Dread To Tread
    • Sword At The Ready
« Reply #156 on: January 18, 2017, 08:28:18 pm »

You triggered a thought and I too side with Trump on kicking their sorry arses out of the White House.

The media thinks they are kingmakers and part of the government.  We know the Clintons and Obama upped legitimizing the 5th Column, so I do like the idea of showing them the door and letting them know they are NOT part of the government and they are NOT kingmakers or policy shapers as they assume they are.

But I don't think Trump can control his mouth or his tweeting, and that can and will present a whole other dynamic of trouble.
Fart for freedom, fart for liberty and fart proudly.  - Benjamin Franklin

...Obsta principiis—Nip the shoots of arbitrary power in the bud, is the only maxim which can ever preserve the liberties of any people. When the people give way, their deceivers, betrayers and destroyers press upon them so fast that there is no resisting afterwards. The nature of the encroachment upon [the] American constitution is such, as to grow every day more and more encroaching. Like a cancer, it eats faster and faster every hour." - John Adams, February 6, 1775

Offline Cyber Liberty

• Administrator
  • 🌵🌵🌵
« Reply #157 on: January 18, 2017, 08:29:37 pm »
For ages the NY Times has been able to call the tune as to what is or is not "News" in this country and I can't wait to see the end of that!  That by no means says that I support the idea of Trump losing his composure and tweeting anything he wants to as president!

Those are two separate subjects.
For unvaccinated, we are looking at a winter of severe illness and death — if you’re unvaccinated — for themselves, their families, and the hospitals they’ll soon overwhelm. Sloe Joe Biteme 12/16
I will NOT comply.

Online Bigun

• The FairTax Plan
« Reply #158 on: January 18, 2017, 08:31:51 pm »
Those are two separate subjects.

Actually they are!  :beer:

"So do I," said Gandalf, "and so do all who live to see such times. But that is not for them to decide. All we have to decide is what to do with the time that is given us."
- J. R. R. Tolkien

Offline Cyber Liberty

• Administrator
  • 🌵🌵🌵
« Reply #159 on: January 18, 2017, 08:34:27 pm »
You triggered a thought and I too side with Trump on kicking their sorry arses out of the White House.

The media thinks they are kingmakers and part of the government.  We know the Clintons and Obama upped legitimizing the 5th Column, so I do like the idea of showing them the door and letting them know they are NOT part of the government and they are NOT kingmakers or policy shapers as they assume they are.

But I don't think Trump can control his mouth or his tweeting, and that can and will present a whole other dynamic of trouble.

Yup.  Those are separate subjects.  I'm dying to see Trump hand their collective ass to them, and they have every reason to be afraid of what he'll do, press access-wise, after all the crap they've heaped on him combined with his well-known penchant of not getting angry, but rather getting even.

That said, I too am concerned that an errant tweet could cost lives somehow.  He or his team are going to have to show more restraint than they have so far.
« Last Edit: January 18, 2017, 08:37:07 pm by Cyber Liberty »
I will NOT comply.

Offline Cyber Liberty

• Administrator
  • 🌵🌵🌵
« Reply #160 on: January 18, 2017, 08:35:31 pm »
Actually they are!  :beer:

:beer:

(We share a lot of those.  People are going to start thinking we're Alchies.)
I will NOT comply.

Online Bigun

• The FairTax Plan
« Reply #161 on: January 18, 2017, 08:37:36 pm »
:beer:

(We share a lot of those.  People are going to start thinking we're Alchies.)

Maybe! Until I rip your head off about something!  Or vice versa!
« Last Edit: January 18, 2017, 08:39:05 pm by Bigun »

- J. R. R. Tolkien

Offline endicom

« Reply #162 on: January 18, 2017, 09:24:41 pm »

And we are all the press if we choose to be. There is no special press caste.

Offline Cyber Liberty

• Administrator
  • 🌵🌵🌵
« Reply #163 on: January 18, 2017, 09:27:11 pm »
Maybe! Until I rip your head off about something!  Or vice versa!

I can't imagine it, Bigun.  So here:   :beer:
I will NOT comply.

Offline Cyber Liberty

• Administrator
  • 🌵🌵🌵
« Reply #164 on: January 18, 2017, 09:28:22 pm »

And we are all the press if we choose to be. There is no special press caste.

Also true, and that fact drives the guys who own printing presses and TV transmitters NUTZ.   :laugh:

Good.
I will NOT comply.

Offline endicom

« Reply #165 on: January 18, 2017, 09:28:45 pm »

He said he's not doing that because they complained about it. But he said they'll be begging for a bigger room since he's letting in a greater variety of people which will mean they won't all fit in the room.

Offline Cyber Liberty

• Administrator
  • 🌵🌵🌵
« Reply #166 on: January 18, 2017, 09:31:28 pm »

He said he's not doing that because they complained about it. But he said they'll be begging for a bigger room since he's letting in a greater variety of people which will mean they won't all fit in the room.

Yeah, that's the way I understand the situation as of right now.  They're not moving, but they'll be begging to by the time he's done with them.
I will NOT comply.

Offline rodamala

« Reply #167 on: January 18, 2017, 09:32:13 pm »
So much for the thought that the "adults are in charge."

That picture is a pretty good metaphor: the kid represents Trumpsters, the dog represents POTUS #45.

How are the kids going to react when the dog bites them?

Offline Suppressed

« Reply #168 on: January 18, 2017, 09:38:44 pm »
Anyone who's ever been in the White House press room will be surprised by how small it is, so there's some reality to the concern.  However, it's not a good thing to have press segregated from the Administration, so I hope some good arrangement can be made.
+++++++++
“In the outside world, I'm a simple geologist. But in here .... I am Falcor, Defender of the Alliance” --Randy Marsh

“The most effectual means of being secure against pain is to retire within ourselves, and to suffice for our own happiness.” -- Thomas Jefferson

“He's so dumb he thinks a Mexican border pays rent.” --Foghorn Leghorn

Offline flowers

« Reply #169 on: January 18, 2017, 09:42:17 pm »

This business...

888high58888

Online DCPatriot

• "...and the winning number is...not yours!
« Reply #170 on: January 18, 2017, 09:45:05 pm »
Anyone who's ever been in the White House press room will be surprised by how small it is, so there's some reality to the concern.  However, it's not a good thing to have press segregated from the Administration, so I hope some good arrangement can be made.

They're NOT segregated by being confined to the Old Executive Office Building next door, because both are connected by breezeway and by tunnel.

And the Administration works in the OEOB

"It aint what you don't know that kills you.  It's what you know that aint so!" ...Theodore Sturgeon

"Journalism is about covering the news.  With a pillow.  Until it stops moving."    - David Burge (Iowahawk)

"It was only a sunny smile, and little it cost in the giving, but like morning light it scattered the night and made the day worth living" F. Scott Fitzgerald

Offline Cyber Liberty

• Administrator
  • 🌵🌵🌵
« Reply #171 on: January 18, 2017, 10:07:15 pm »
They're NOT segregated by being confined to the Old Executive Office Building next door, because both are connected by breezeway and by tunnel.

And the Administration works in the OEOB

I agree with that, it's in the "White House Complex," so I imagine it's as easy/difficult to get to as is the White House itself.  This strikes me as more of a status thing for the press, and they're looking for a way, any way, to stick it to Trump.  They've pretty much failed at everything else they've tried.

I like the way his crew is playing it:  "OK, you can stay in the room, but you'll have to find a way to accommodate more people, or you're going to have to throw some people out.  You decide."
« Last Edit: January 18, 2017, 10:08:19 pm by Cyber Liberty »
I will NOT comply.

Offline Cripplecreek

• Constitutional Extremist
« Reply #172 on: January 18, 2017, 10:14:47 pm »

Offline txradioguy

• Propaganda NCOIC
  • Cat Mod
  • Rule #39
« Reply #173 on: January 18, 2017, 10:17:32 pm »
So let's say he does what y'all are hoping for and lays the smacks own on the media...

Do you not think they won't push back?

There are ways that none of you have seemed to think about or actually care about that they could do if he treats them in the crappy way some here are calling for.

For every action...

Offline Sanguine

• Ex-member
« Reply #174 on: January 18, 2017, 10:26:35 pm »
So let's say he does what y'all are hoping for and lays the smacks own on the media...

Do you not think they won't push back?

There are ways that none of you have seemed to think about or actually care about that they could do if he treats them in the crappy way some here are calling for.

For every action...

And, they haven't been pushing back preemptively?