Author Topic: NPR's Rage Rerun: Black Author Rants Trump Win Means America 'Can't Stand Black People'  (Read 1138 times)

rangerrebew

NPR's Rage Rerun: Black Author Rants Trump Win Means America 'Can't Stand Black People'
By Tim Graham | January 20, 2017 | 9:44 PM EST
shares

Taxpayer-subsidized National Public Radio decided to greet the morning of Trump’s inauguration in the same way that it greeted the day after Trump’s surprising victory. They sought out black rage…in the person of author Attica Locke, who also writes for the Fox drama Empire. After the election, she refused to consider the notion that any Trump voter wasn't a racist.

On Friday, she came to say this day marked “how much this country can’t stand black people,” and “doesn’t want Muslims here,” and “did not want a woman as leader.”

Source URL: http://www.newsbusters.org/blogs/nb/tim-graham/2017/01/20/nprs-rage-rerun-black-author-rants-trump-win-means-america-cant-stand

Offline 240B

• Lord of all things Orange!
  • TBR Advisory Committee
    • I try my best ...
Sounds to me like Attica Locke needs to find a new place to live. If America is that terrible; such a horrible racist place, uuuhm, so leave.

Follow your dreams Attica. Find your utopia somewhere else. If you need money to move, just ask.
You cannot "COEXIST" with people who want to kill you.
If they kill their own with no conscience, there is nothing to stop them from killing you.
Rational fear and anger at vicious murderous Islamic terrorists is the same as irrational antisemitism, according to the Leftists.

Offline endicom

Suck it up, sputtercup. The more sputtering, the more eyerolling.

Wingnut

All of this fear and loathing has been made possible by the great divider.  Obama's true lasting legacy. Setting race relations back 50 years.

Offline goatprairie

The dirty little secret is that for the great majority of American blacks life under Trump will change little or not at all. Because people's lives are determined by what they do or don't do and not what the president does.
I doubt Trump will end welfare, affirmative discrimination, and all other unconstitutional programs that have put chains around the legs of many American blacks for the past fifty years.
Let's put it this way...life can't be worse for blacks under Trump than it has been. Idiots like the person in the article, Attica Locke, just can't see that.
 What she is whining about is the prospect that blacks will cease getting preferential treatment aka "black privilege" and be treated like other Americans. That prospect is terrifying to her, but would benefit blacks the most.

geronl

I doubt Trump will end welfare, affirmative discrimination, and all other unconstitutional programs that have put chains around the legs of many American blacks for the past fifty years.

Trump supports welfare and affirmative action.

Offline INVAR

• Dread To Tread
    • Sword At The Ready
What we cannot stand, is shit like this from you vaunted racists:

This is what America cannot stand, and is obviously the ONLY thing your people and groups DO stand for.

SO in that regard, YES - we cannot stand your ideology, your politics, your insurrection, your criminality, your terrorism, your incivility.

And all you people are doing, is handing power over to  those who would use government power, just as you people would - to ERADICATE those whom are declared enemies.

So you are engineers of your own destruction, because you have empowered the pendulum to swing hard back at you.

And the sad news is toots - LIBERTY AND FREEDOM LOSES ALTOGETHER.
Fart for freedom, fart for liberty and fart proudly.  - Benjamin Franklin

...Obsta principiis—Nip the shoots of arbitrary power in the bud, is the only maxim which can ever preserve the liberties of any people. When the people give way, their deceivers, betrayers and destroyers press upon them so fast that there is no resisting afterwards. The nature of the encroachment upon [the] American constitution is such, as to grow every day more and more encroaching. Like a cancer, it eats faster and faster every hour." - John Adams, February 6, 1775

Offline 240B

• TBR Advisory Committee
    • I try my best ...
The dirty little secret is that for the great majority of American blacks life under Trump will change little or not at all. Because people's lives are determined by what they do or don't do and not what the president does.
Let's put it this way...life can't be worse for blacks under Trump than it has been. Idiots like the person in the article, Attica Locke, just can't see that.
 What she is whining about is the prospect that blacks will cease getting preferential treatment aka "black privilege" and be treated like other Americans. That prospect is terrifying to her, but would benefit blacks the most.

I agree that the very last thing most Blacks want is "equality". Equality is hard. Equality means you have to work and compete and obey the rules. They have no interest in that at all.

What Blacks want is to be put in a special classification which does not require them to work and compete.

They want to be exempted from law and from the normal rules of society and to be handed success just outright.

I'm sure most of us would enjoy a fantasy world like that. However, it is not how reality works, no matter how much you kick and scream and riot about reality being "unfair".
If they kill their own with no conscience, there is nothing to stop them from killing you.
Rational fear and anger at vicious murderous Islamic terrorists is the same as irrational antisemitism, according to the Leftists.

rangerrebew

With this kind of rhetoric it is possible NPR might see a "dip" in government support.

Offline 240B

• TBR Advisory Committee
    • I try my best ...
With this kind of rhetoric it is possible NPR might see a "dip" in government support.

There is no doubt that NPR funding will be eliminated under the current administration. If they are not already planning and budgeting  for this inevitable action, then they are being negligent.