Author Topic: ‘Never Trump’ national-security Republicans fear they have been blacklisted  (Read 6075 times)

HonestJohn

I remember reading about our intel guys stealing a Soviet satellite that was on display under guard. They managed to grab it, disassemble, photograph and catalogue every nut and bolt, and return it by morning without the Soviets finding out about it for months.

The fact is that our intel guys are the best in the world. They were betrayed by the Obama administration who wouldn't allow them to do their jobs and now "conservatives" are drooling over the opportunity to throw them under the bus in favor of one of their primary adversaries.

« Last Edit: January 17, 2017, 10:11:42 pm by HonestJohn »

Offline Right_in_Virginia

... Conservatives...myself included...don't blindly follow anyone.

Okay, @txradioguy   And yet, you appear perfectly happy to chase your tail, endlessly. 

Aye .. you are an interesting specimen.    *hmmmm*

Silver Pines

My dear....I appreciate all the empathy you display here, but....

I didn't mean that meme for anyone but @Cripplecreek .   You could say that meme was made for the likes of him.

Don't make more of it that it was intended.   If I wanted it to include nice folks like you, I'd have pinged ya!

@DC Patriot

Well, this is one of those public forums, so I kind of inserted myself.  And I'm not all that nice.  But thanks.   :laugh:

Cripplecreek's focus and concern, as long as I have known him, has been adherence to Constitutional principles.  Still is, in fact.  I think we need more of the likes of him, but unfortunately, as I heard it said earlier today, not that many people care anymore.

Online 240B

• Lord of all things Orange!
  • TBR Advisory Committee
    • I try my best ...
Your attitude was remarkably different when it came to Obama.

Good point.

That is because what Obama was ordering his people to do was grossly illegal. An officer of any kind corporate, military, or police, should only obey legal orders. I never meant to indicate blind obedience in any situation. If I was ordered to perform any of the dozen or more illegal operations that Obama carried out, I would have resigned.

When I said that my job is to support my superiors, I meant that I would do that within the legal and defined procedural confines of whatever the department and position is.

Of course I can argue and offer my opinion, but once the decision is finalized, my mission is to make sure it happens, correctly, legally, and ethically.

That is as far from Obama's administration as you can get.
« Last Edit: January 17, 2017, 10:18:19 pm by 240B »
You cannot "COEXIST" with people who want to kill you.
If they kill their own with no conscience, there is nothing to stop them from killing you.
Rational fear and anger at vicious murderous Islamic terrorists is the same as irrational antisemitism, according to the Leftists.

Online DCPatriot

• "...and the winning number is...not yours!
@DC Patriot

Well, this is one of those public forums, so I kind of inserted myself.  And I'm not all that nice.  But thanks.   :laugh:

Cripplecreek's focus and concern, as long as I have known him, has been adherence to Constitutional principles.  Still is, in fact.  I think we need more of the likes of him, but unfortunately, as I heard it said earlier today, not that many people care anymore.

"It aint what you don't know that kills you.  It's what you know that aint so!" ...Theodore Sturgeon

"Journalism is about covering the news.  With a pillow.  Until it stops moving."    - David Burge (Iowahawk)

"It was only a sunny smile, and little it cost in the giving, but like morning light it scattered the night and made the day worth living" F. Scott Fitzgerald

Offline endicom

"Intel has to be right 100% of the time to be successful.  But a terrorist only needs to get lucky once to be a success."

I think an IRA leader said approximately that to the Brits.

Online 240B

• TBR Advisory Committee
    • I try my best ...
Nobody, CEO or mechanic, is going to keep someone on their staff if they have reason to believe that person is going to work to undermine them or the company, no matter how much skill and experience the person may have.

Anybody can be replaced.

If they kill their own with no conscience, there is nothing to stop them from killing you.
Rational fear and anger at vicious murderous Islamic terrorists is the same as irrational antisemitism, according to the Leftists.

Offline Frank Cannon

You know you don't hear about most of the successes, right?

Because failure is the only thing that matters in national security. People die when it happens.

BTW that capture of Osama was a cluster F. Remember how we lost classified helicopter tech to the Chinamen during that mess? Thank you CIA. The capture of Saddam was fully a military operation. The ISA did the intelligence work through interrogations and the Army found him in his hole. Not one of these DC "intelligence" losers had a damn thing to do with it.

Offline txradioguy

• Propaganda NCOIC
  • Cat Mod
  • Rule #39
Nobody, CEO or mechanic, is going to keep someone on their staff if they have reason to believe that person is going to work to undermine them or the company, no matter how much skill and experience the person may have.

Anybody can be replaced.

Except there is no evidence they'd undermine him.

His own words about the security world shows he'd cut them off at the knees.

Believe it or not people can disagree sith the boss and still do a damn good job for them.
The libs/dems of today are the Quislings of former years. The cowards who would vote a fraud into office in exchange for handouts from the devil.

Here lies in honored glory an American soldier, known but to God

THE ESTABLISHMENT IS THE PROBLEM...NOT THE SOLUTION

Republicans Don't Need A Back Bench...They Need a BACKBONE!

Silver Pines

@DCPatriot

Laugh if you want.  The fact remains that I've been reading @Cripplecreek on social media for quite a while now, and his overriding priority is Constitutional principles.  It's simply a fact.

Offline INVAR

• Dread To Tread
    • Sword At The Ready
May I ask two things—and I say this knowing all along that Trump is exactly the kind of character who would blacklist people regardless of competence as long as they refused to glorify him, so this was bound to happen—please?

CEOs are benevolent dictators at best - who often respond only to suck-ups and yes-men if their employees wish to get ahead.

Why would anyone think Trump would administer the office of the Executive in any other fashion than what he is accustomed as sole proprietor of his own little empire?

Two, is this not a republic, far bigger than one elected office?

You are sooooooo out of touch with the perception most in this country say is reality. 

We are no longer an actual functioning 'republic'.    We're a monarchy or a dictatorship depending on which mob of sycophants you ask.   

Besides, 'republic' is such a throwback to the fact his nation was conceived in slavery by rich white men (Just ask the NYTs this week) and therefore needs to be officially abolished in favor of better language - such as "Community".
Fart for freedom, fart for liberty and fart proudly.  - Benjamin Franklin

...Obsta principiis—Nip the shoots of arbitrary power in the bud, is the only maxim which can ever preserve the liberties of any people. When the people give way, their deceivers, betrayers and destroyers press upon them so fast that there is no resisting afterwards. The nature of the encroachment upon [the] American constitution is such, as to grow every day more and more encroaching. Like a cancer, it eats faster and faster every hour." - John Adams, February 6, 1775

Online DCPatriot

@DCPatriot

Laugh if you want.  The fact remains that I've been reading @Cripplecreek on social media for quite a while now, and his overriding priority is Constitutional principles.  It's simply a fact.

I don't dispute that.   Have been on TOS and several forums with @mystery-ak  for  almost 20 years.

Quite familiar with @Cripplecreek 's pedigree.

Donald Trump damaged friendships for a lot of people and families both in life and on the forums.

One of my best FRiends....who happened to be 'your' side's Pope, went to the Dark Side.

I miss him a lot.   Some others?   ...not so much. 

"It aint what you don't know that kills you.  It's what you know that aint so!" ...Theodore Sturgeon

"Journalism is about covering the news.  With a pillow.  Until it stops moving."    - David Burge (Iowahawk)

"It was only a sunny smile, and little it cost in the giving, but like morning light it scattered the night and made the day worth living" F. Scott Fitzgerald

Online DCPatriot

CEOs are benevolent dictators at best - who often respond only to suck-ups and yes-men if their employees wish to get ahead.

Why would anyone think Trump would administer the office of the Executive in any other fashion than what he is accustomed as sole proprietor of his own little empire?

You are sooooooo out of touch with the perception most in this country say is reality. 

We are no longer an actual functioning 'republic'.    We're a monarchy or a dictatorship depending on which mob of sycophants you ask.   

Besides, 'republic' is such a throwback to the fact his nation was conceived in slavery by rich white men (Just ask the NYTs this week) and therefore needs to be officially abolished in favor of better language - such as "Community".

Again with the delusions.   

Get back to me when you have to put a payroll on a credit card in order to keep everybody employed.

Any CEO worth his/her salt wouldn't have a single employee around that was 'cancerous' to the mission statement.

...not even for a day.

Silver Pines

I don't dispute that.   Have been on TOS and several forums with @mystery-ak  for  almost 20 years.

Quite familiar with @Cripplecreek 's pedigree.

Donald Trump damaged friendships for a lot of people and families both in life and on the forums.

One of my best FRiends....who happened to be 'your' side's Pope, went to the Dark Side.

I miss him a lot.   Some others?   ...not so much.

@DCPatriot

Okay, who is my Pope?  From TOS, you mean?  I didn't know I had one. 

Online DCPatriot

@DCPatriot

Okay, who is my Pope?  From TOS, you mean?  I didn't know I had one.

@sinkspur 

Offline INVAR

• Dread To Tread
    • Sword At The Ready
Again with the delusions.   

What delusions?  Specifically in that comment you replied to.  I'm curious where is the delusion anywhere in that statement.

Do people not suck up and stroke the CEO in the hopes of getting ahead?

Does Trump get to run the country the way he ran his business empire?

Does half the population think Obama and the Democrats have the right to use the government as  tool to force their agenda on everyone, and does the other third not think Trump has the right to do the same?

Where have we been a functioning republic within the confines of the rule of law for the last 8-12 years?

You know you are so far up Trump's hind end, you've lost any sense of logic or comprehension, even when I am tacitly agreeing with your whole point!

Get back to me when you have to put a payroll on a credit card in order to keep everybody employed.

How about I get back to you right now?  You ever own, operate and run a graphic design company?  I did.  I know quite a bit on the subject of foregoing a paycheck to keep contractors and artists on the payroll pal.  I know quite a bit about going into debt to attempt to keep your company afloat in hard economic times.

Any CEO worth his/her salt wouldn't have a single employee around that was 'cancerous' to the mission statement.

I'm not even arguing the point about whether or not Trump should hire or keep someone who vehemently opined their dislike of him.  I said it as stupid for someone who publicly declared their neverTrump status to cry about not getting a position in his regime.   

I stated a fact about CEOs and sole proprietors and you somehow knee-jerked that into a comment about being delusional.

Whatever. 
« Last Edit: January 18, 2017, 01:34:11 am by INVAR »

...Obsta principiis—Nip the shoots of arbitrary power in the bud, is the only maxim which can ever preserve the liberties of any people. When the people give way, their deceivers, betrayers and destroyers press upon them so fast that there is no resisting afterwards. The nature of the encroachment upon [the] American constitution is such, as to grow every day more and more encroaching. Like a cancer, it eats faster and faster every hour." - John Adams, February 6, 1775

Online DCPatriot

What delusions?  Specifically in that comment you replied to.  I'm curious where is the delusion anywhere in that statement.

Do people not suck up and stroke the CEO in the hopes of getting ahead?

Does Trump get to run the country the way he ran his business empire?

Does half the population think Obama and the Democrats have the right to use the government as  tool to force their agenda on everyone, and does the other third not think Trump has the right to do the same?

Where have we been a functioning republic within the confines of the rule of law for the last 8-12 years?

You know you are so far up Trump's hind end, you've lost any sense of logic or comprehension, even when I am tacitly agreeing with your whole point!

How about I get back to you right now?  You ever own, operate and run a graphic design company?  I did.  I know quite a bit on the subject of foregoing a paycheck to keep contractors and artists on the payroll pal.  I know quite a bit about going into debt to attempt to keep your company afloat in hard economic times.

I'm not even arguing the point about whether or not Trump should hire or keep someone who vehemently opined their dislike of him.  I said it as stupid for someone who publicly declared their neverTrump status to cry about not getting a position in his regime.   

I stated a fact about CEOs and sole proprietors and you somehow knee-jerked that into a comment about being delusional.

Whatever.

I apologize, @INVAR

It was difficult for me to read thru your constant belittling and hatred for the man in order to find your POV that it's natural for any CEO to jettison problem people. 

My fault.

:beer:

Offline rodamala

Exactly. They have been and they should be.

Their agenda is more to sabotage Trump than it is to do their jobs objectively and provide intelligence without taking everything to the press afterwards.

As a matter of National Security, their job would be to sabotage Trump.

Offline INVAR

• Dread To Tread
    • Sword At The Ready
I apologize, @INVAR

It was difficult for me to read thru your constant belittling and hatred for the man in order to find your POV that it's natural for any CEO to jettison problem people. 

My fault.

I belittled Bush I & II, Clinton, Bush II and Obama.

I have every intention to treat Trump the same way I do every person in a position of power that affects my life.  I intend to view them with the same kind of vigilant scorn and contempt every single time they say and do something contrary to the Constitution and my principles.

I don't care if people want to call that 'hate' or not.  It is what it is.

Offline Cripplecreek

• Constitutional Extremist
I belittled Bush I & II, Clinton, Bush II and Obama.

I have every intention to treat Trump the same way I do every person in a position of power that affects my life.  I intend to view them with the same kind of vigilant scorn and contempt every single time they say and do something contrary to the Constitution and my principles.

I don't care if people want to call that 'hate' or not.  It is what it is.

You really suck as a subject. :silly:

Offline INVAR

• Dread To Tread
    • Sword At The Ready
You really suck as a subject. :silly:

Deliberately so.  Sadly, most folks don't know the difference between a citizen and a subject.

Oh well.

Human nature and history tell us that men want kings to rule them and punish whom they see as enemies.

Offline Cripplecreek

• Constitutional Extremist
Deliberately so.  Sadly, most folks don't know the difference between a citizen and a subject.

Oh well.

Human nature and history tell us that men want kings to rule them and punish whom they see as enemies.

Only men who truly desire freedom have the courage to resist the temptation of a king.

Offline txradioguy

• Propaganda NCOIC
  • Cat Mod
  • Rule #39
Only men who truly desire freedom have the courage to resist the temptation of a king.

Kinda sad to see how many people are so willing to become subjects and quit being citizens.
The libs/dems of today are the Quislings of former years. The cowards who would vote a fraud into office in exchange for handouts from the devil.

Here lies in honored glory an American soldier, known but to God

THE ESTABLISHMENT IS THE PROBLEM...NOT THE SOLUTION

Republicans Don't Need A Back Bench...They Need a BACKBONE!

Online 240B

• TBR Advisory Committee
    • I try my best ...
As a matter of National Security, their job would be to sabotage Trump.

Yes. Finally someone who gets it.

Why would the Captain of a British ship deliberately hire a crew of Spanish pirates?

You said it better than I.
It is one thing to argue, debate, and disagree, with the Captain, but when you take your disagreement to the next level then it is no longer a disagreement, it is mutiny.

Mutiny is a serious thing. It would only be justified not by 'opinion', but only if we had a President who was ripping up the Constitution before our very eyes.

Fortunately we have never had a President who would ever do that. Have we?

Silver Pines

@sinkspur

@DCPatriot

We were on the same side regarding Trump, true.  I expect we might have disagreed about other things, which is fine.