Author Topic: Syrians express 'deep anger' at Turkey for war  (Read 378 times)

Offline TomSea

• All deserve a trial if accused
Syrians express 'deep anger' at Turkey for war
« on: January 16, 2017, 08:43:06 pm »
Syrians express 'deep anger' at Turkey for war

"Why did Turkey do this to us?"

Fehim Tastekin reports that many Syrians blame Turkey, once a close ally of Damascus, for the war, which has claimed the lives of more than 400,000 people, according to United Nations and independent estimates.

Tastekin, a columnist for Al-Monitor’s Turkey Pulse, reports from Damascus that “being a Turk in Syria is a bit difficult nowadays. No one will harass, insult or attack you, for sure, but everyone has a few words to say about Ankara’s transition from friend to foe.”

Tastekin writes, “In a cafe booked by a group of friends, the owner had joined the dancing patrons. When he learned we were Turks, he couldn't resist a few stinging words despite all the commotion around. 'Six years ago, I was an [Turkish President Recep Tayyip] Erdogan fan, and the two countries were friends,' he said. 'A Turkish friend who used to come and go cautioned me to go easy, saying that not everything is what it looks like. He proved right and we were badly mistaken. Still, I wish the best for the Turkish people, but the harm that Erdogan did to us will unfortunately reach Turkey as well.'”

Read more: http://www.al-monitor.com/pulse/originals/2017/01/syria-deep-anger-turkey-war-iraq-abadi.html#ixzz4VxXYkwxN

And the Kurds are in the middle of the crunch, sad.

Offline dfwgator

Re: Syrians express 'deep anger' at Turkey for war
« Reply #1 on: January 16, 2017, 08:46:34 pm »
That's our "NATO Ally", Turkey.