Author Topic: White House Congratulates Clarence Thomas on Historic Swearing-in of Vice President  (Read 485 times)

Online mystery-ak

• Owner
  • Administrator
  • Let's Go Brandon!

Newsmax
White House Congratulates Clarence Thomas on Historic Swearing-in of Vice President
Sunday, January 15, 2017 09:12 PM

By: John Gizzi

Despite obvious differences, the White House offered its congratulations Friday to Supreme Court Justice Clarence Thomas on his historic selection to swear in Mike Pence as vice president on January 20.

In asking Press Secretary Josh Earnest for the White House’s opinion of Pence's choice of Thomas, Newsmax noted that the justice will become the first black American ever to administer the oath of office to either of the top two officials in the United States.

"I was not aware of that announcement from Vice President-elect Pence," Earnest told us, "but obviously Justice Thomas, for all of our profound differences when it comes to some pretty important basic American values, he is somebody who has had a genuinely historic career. And I think this is just the latest evidence of the historic nature of the position that he holds."

more
http://www.newsmax.com/Politics/White-House-Clarence-Thomas-Pence-oath/2017/01/15/id/768687/
Proud Supporter of Tunnel to Towers
Support the USO
Democrat Party...the Party of Infanticide

“Therefore do not worry about tomorrow, for tomorrow will worry about itself. Each day has enough trouble of its own.”
-Matthew 6:34

Offline BuckeyeTexan

When I heard Pence tell Chris Wallace this morning that Justice Thomas would administer the oath to him on the Reagan Bible, it made my heart sing.
There are those that break and bend. I'm the other kind. ~Steve Earle

Offline Formerly Once-Ler

This is a good move by Trump.