Author Topic: 8 injured at MLK celebration in Miami Family festival was taking place in park - CNN  (Read 1078 times)

Offline TomSea

• All deserve a trial if accused
8 injured at MLK celebration in Miami
Family festival was taking place in park
By PHIL GAST , CNN

(CNN) - Participants at a Miami event celebrating MLK Day scrambled for safety Monday afternoon after gunfire erupted, leaving eight people, including five juveniles, injured, officials said.

Video from CNN affiliate WSVN captured the emotional scene at Martin Luther King Jr. Memorial Park. Law officers and paramedics treated the wounded and tried to calm friends and family.

A family festival was taking place in the park after the annual King parade in Liberty City. Shots were fired at about 3:40 p.m. ET.

Continued: http://www.clickorlando.com/news/national/8-injured-at-mlk-celebration-in-miami

Offline truth_seeker

• Common Sense Results Oriented Conservative Veteran
MLK Park, on MLK Day. What does one expect?

Some good old black on black shootings. True to cultural norms.
"God must love the common man, he made so many of them.�  Abe Lincoln

Offline dfwgator

MLK Park, on MLK Day. What does one expect?

Some good old black on black shootings. True to cultural norms.

Just like fireworks on the Fourth of July.

Offline Frank Cannon

A family festival was taking place...

What the hell is a "Family Festival"? I've never heard of that term ever. Either this writer was new to the country and having trouble translating, or they were being intentionally obtuse to gloss over the fact that this thing wreaks of a gang type shooting and not something racially motivated.

Wingnut

Liberty City.  I could have guessed.  If you have to drive thu it best to do so before 11 am.
« Last Edit: January 17, 2017, 03:58:03 am by Wingnut »

Offline Frank Cannon

Liberty City.  I could have guessed.  If you have to drive thu it best to do so before 11 am.

LOL. You got that right....

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9VQ1bPaSZkY