Author Topic: Just 45 minutes of exercise a week can benefit older adults with arthritis  (Read 583 times)

rangerrebew

Just 45 minutes of exercise a week can benefit older adults with arthritis
Written by Honor Whiteman
Published: Today

Engaging in physical activity can reduce pain and help to maintain mobility and independence for older adults with arthritis, but current exercise recommendations are often unachievable for this population. Now, however, a new study finds that exercising for just 45 minutes is enough to reap the benefits.

Researchers say that 45 minutes of moderate-intensity exercise per week can benefit older adults with arthritis.

First author Dorothy Dunlop, professor of rheumatology and preventive medicine at Northwestern University Feinberg School of Medicine in Chicago, IL, and colleagues report their findings in the journal Arthritis Care & Research.

Arthritis is a term used to describe inflammation of the joints. Osteoarthritis (OA) is the most common form of arthritis, caused by "wear and tear" of cartilage that protects the joints. As the cartilage breaks down, pain, swelling, and joint movement problems may occur.

http://www.medicalnewstoday.com/articles/315156.php
« Last Edit: January 14, 2017, 04:10:32 pm by rangerrebew »

Offline truth_seeker

• Common Sense Results Oriented Conservative Veteran

But 45 minutes or more everyday is even better for everybody.
"God must love the common man, he made so many of them.�  Abe Lincoln

Online bigheadfred

• One day Closer
But 45 minutes or more everyday is even better for everybody.

I watched a little Youtube video on a drink concoction that as supposed to magically burn belly fat. Drink it before you went to bed. But it only really worked if you followed that up with 30 minutes of morning cardio exercise. LOL
She asked me name my foe then. I said the need within some men to fight and kill their brothers without thought of Love or God. Ken Hensley