Author Topic: Schumer under fire for lack of diversity on Senate staff  (Read 387 times)

Offline Right_in_Virginia

Schumer under fire for lack of diversity on Senate staff
« on: January 14, 2017, 12:24:43 am »
Schumer under fire for lack of diversity on Senate staff
New York Post, Jan 12, 2017, Carl Campanile

Senate Democratic leader Charles Schumer is getting hit with friendly fire over the lack of diversity in Senate staffers from a veteran black New York party activist with ties to Gov. Cuomo and Al Sharpton.

Charlie King, former executive director of the New York State Democratic Party, plans to stand outside Schumer’s D.C. office to protest the under-representation of minorities employed in top staff positions by Senate Democrats.

King said he’s holding the one-man vigil in honor of civil rights leader Dr. Martin Luther King.

“How can we as Democrats complain about Jeff Sessions being appointed attorney general when our party doesn’t hire minorities? It exposes us as hypocrites,” King told The Post.

“We have to get our own house in order.”

King’s campaign is sure to raise eyebrows.

He served as executive director of Al Sharpton’s National Action Network and was Andrew Cuomo’s running mate for lieutenant governor in 2002, and still has the governor’s ear.

More:  http://nypost.com/2017/01/12/schumer-under-fire-for-lack-of-diversity-on-senate-staff/

Online bigheadfred

• One day Closer
Re: Schumer under fire for lack of diversity on Senate staff
« Reply #1 on: January 14, 2017, 01:52:18 am »
It exposes us as hypocrites,” King told The Post.

Among other things.
She asked me name my foe then. I said the need within some men to fight and kill their brothers without thought of Love or God. Ken Hensley

Offline beandog

Re: Schumer under fire for lack of diversity on Senate staff
« Reply #2 on: January 14, 2017, 01:55:54 am »
Of course they're hypocrites.  That's what Rats are.