Author Topic: Dems 'outraged' with Comey after House briefing  (Read 1225 times)

Online mystery-ak

• Owner
  • Administrator
  • Let's Go Brandon!
Dems 'outraged' with Comey after House briefing
« on: January 13, 2017, 05:40:41 pm »
Dems 'outraged' with Comey after House briefing
By Mike Lillis and Katie Bo Williams - 01/13/17 11:30 AM EST

A number of House Democrats left Friday's confidential briefing on Russian hacking fuming over the actions of FBI Director James Comey and convinced he's unfit to lead the agency.

"I was non-judgmental until the last 15 minutes. I no longer have that confidence in him," Rep. Tim Walz (D-Minn.), ranking member of the Veterans Affairs Committee, said as he left the meeting in the Capitol.

"Some of the things that were revealed in this classified briefing — my confidence has been shook."

more
http://thehill.com/blogs/floor-action/314161-dems-outraged-with-comey-after-house-briefing
Proud Supporter of Tunnel to Towers
Support the USO
Democrat Party...the Party of Infanticide

“Therefore do not worry about tomorrow, for tomorrow will worry about itself. Each day has enough trouble of its own.”
-Matthew 6:34

Offline Axeslinger

Re: Dems 'outraged' with Comey after House briefing
« Reply #1 on: January 13, 2017, 05:54:01 pm »
I'd pay good money to know what was said in those last 15 minutes!  I'm guessing that, since it has pissed the Dems off so much, it must have been really good and honorable information.
"The two enemies of the people are criminals and government, so let us tie the second down with the chains of the Constitution so the second will not become the legalized version of the first." - Thomas Jefferson

Online Cyber Liberty

• Coffee! Donuts! Kittens!
  • Administrator
  • 🌵🌵🌵
« Reply #2 on: January 13, 2017, 05:54:43 pm »
"Some of the things that were revealed in this classified briefing — my confidence has been shook."

{sigh}  What a dope.  I imagine the purpose of all this griping about Comey is to convince Trump to keep him?
For unvaccinated, we are looking at a winter of severe illness and death — if you’re unvaccinated — for themselves, their families, and the hospitals they’ll soon overwhelm. Sloe Joe Biteme 12/16
I will NOT comply.

Castillo del Cyber Autonomous Zone ~~~~~>                          :dontfeed:

Online mystery-ak

• Owner
  • Administrator
  • Let's Go Brandon!
« Reply #3 on: January 13, 2017, 06:01:32 pm »
I'd pay good money to know what was said in those last 15 minutes!  I'm guessing that, since it has pissed the Dems off so much, it must have been really good and honorable information.

Exactly..I am guessing they learned more than they wanted to know about their Queen Hillary..lol
Support the USO

“Therefore do not worry about tomorrow, for tomorrow will worry about itself. Each day has enough trouble of its own.”

Offline skeeter

« Reply #4 on: January 13, 2017, 06:15:04 pm »
{sigh}  What a dope.  I imagine the purpose of all this griping about Comey is to convince Trump to keep him?

More political kabuki from the usual players.

'It was a conspiracy I tell ya.'

Good. As long as they continue to ignore the real reasons they're being rejected wholesale.

Offline Sanguine

• Ex-member
« Reply #5 on: January 13, 2017, 06:29:14 pm »
More political kabuki from the usual players.

'It was a conspiracy I tell ya.'

Good. As long as they continue to ignore the real reasons they're being rejected wholesale.

And: "I was non-judgmental until the last 15 minutes".   Uh huh, sure.

Online mystery-ak

• Owner
  • Administrator
  • Let's Go Brandon!
« Reply #6 on: January 13, 2017, 07:19:36 pm »
http://www.politico.com/story/2017/01/spy-agency-briefing-contentious-233602

Top Intel Dem: Spy agency briefing on Russia hacks 'contentious,' 'heated'

By Tim Starks

01/13/17 01:16 PM EST

The top House Intelligence Committee Democrat on Friday said a spy agency briefing on the Hill about Russian election-season hacking was "contentious" and "at times, heated."

But despite the acrimonious exchanges, added California Rep. Adam Schiff, "it was helpful."

Schiff wouldn't comment on the contents of the classified briefing, but it comes as Democrats are increasingly pressuring FBI Director James Comey to acknowledge any investigations into connections between Russia and President-elect Donald Trump.

The briefing, Schiff said, "was very necessary."

"There was strong member participation and attendance from both sides of the aisle," he added.

Democrats are frustrated with Comey over his willingness before the election to comment on the investigation into Hillary Clinton's private email server, but his reluctance to discuss any probe into ties between Trump's team and Moscow.

This week, every House Judiciary Committee Democrat signed on to a letter to Comey urging him to reveal any Trump-Russia investigations.

Reportedly, intelligence officials last Friday briefed Trump on unverified allegations of collusion between Moscow and Trump aides that the FBI has looked into.

House Homeland Security Chairman Mike McCaul (R-Texas) said he did pick up new information in the briefing, but wouldn't discuss it. Asked how he viewed Russia right now, he only answered, "That’s a great question."

The Hill reported that some Democrats were specifically upset with Comey after the briefing.

"I was nonjudgmental until the last 15 minutes. I no longer have that confidence in him," Rep. Tim Walz (D-Minn.), ranking member of the Veterans Affairs Committee, told the news outlet.
Support the USO

Offline Axeslinger

« Reply #7 on: January 13, 2017, 11:38:12 pm »
Ahh...the answer is there.   The Dems are pissed that he wouldn't tell them what they wanted to know...so now they're throwing a hissy fit.
"The two enemies of the people are criminals and government, so let us tie the second down with the chains of the Constitution so the second will not become the legalized version of the first." - Thomas Jefferson