Author Topic: Ambushed Arizona Trooper Saved by Armed Passing Motorist Who Shot Attacker Dead  (Read 1057 times)

Offline TomSea

• All deserve a trial if accused
News  Jan 12 2017, 7:07 pm ET
Ambushed Arizona Trooper Saved by Armed Passing Motorist Who Shot Attacker Dead
by Alex Johnson and Rima Abdelkader

An armed passing motorist was credited with saving the life of an Arizona state trooper by shooting and killing a gunman who ambushed the trooper in the middle of a lonely interstate highway before dawn Thursday.

"I would just say at this point, thank you, because I don't know that my trooper would be alive today without his assistance," Col. Frank Milstead, director of the Arizona Department of Public Safety, said after he met with the seriously injured trooper at the hospital.

Continued: http://www.nbcnews.com/news/us-news/ambushed-arizona-trooper-saved-passing-motorist-who-shot-attacker-dead-n706381

A bit of a story one has to read to see how this happened.
« Last Edit: January 13, 2017, 01:48:17 am by TomSea »

Offline Cyber Liberty

• Coffee! Donuts! Kittens!
  • Administrator
  • 🌵🌵🌵
It's AZ.  Lots of people carry all the time.
For unvaccinated, we are looking at a winter of severe illness and death — if you’re unvaccinated — for themselves, their families, and the hospitals they’ll soon overwhelm. Sloe Joe Biteme 12/16
I will NOT comply.

Castillo del Cyber Autonomous Zone ~~~~~>                          :dontfeed:

Offline mountaineer

Aw, a "feel good" story!  888heartkitty
Support Israel's emergency medical service. afmda.org

Offline Joe Wooten

This is not the first time something like this has happened. In 1976, a Texas Highway Patrolman, Sammy Long was making a traffic stop on US67 near Rankin Tx when he was shot by the escaped California felon he had stopped. A deer hunter passed by just as Trooper Long was shot, and he stopped, pulled out his rifle, and killed the escaped convict.

As Long lay dying on a lonely stretch of U.S. Highway 67 between Rankin and Big Lake, the shooter kept firing at him. A San Angelo deer hunter, who had stopped about 100 to 150 yards away, fired his rifle and killed Long’s assailant.

More at http://www.mrt.com/news/article/Widow-of-slain-DPS-trooper-to-receive-Memorial-7442188.php

Offline driftdiver

• I could eat it raw but why when I have fire
This is not the first time something like this has happened. In 1976, a Texas Highway Patrolman, Sammy Long was making a traffic stop on US67 near Rankin Tx when he was shot by the escaped California felon he had stopped. A deer hunter passed by just as Trooper Long was shot, and he stopped, pulled out his rifle, and killed the escaped convict.

More at http://www.mrt.com/news/article/Widow-of-slain-DPS-trooper-to-receive-Memorial-7442188.php

Happened here in Florida a couple months ago. 
Fools mock, tongues wag, babies cry and goats bleat.

Wingnut

I have been following this story in the press.  It is astounding how the liberal writers parse their discriptions:
For example:

Armed civilian kills suspect.

Passing motorist shoots, kills gunman

A passing motorist in Arizona fatally shot a man

In the description of events :

Arizona's loose Gun regulations...
Open Carry in Arizona...

« Last Edit: January 13, 2017, 04:10:49 pm by Wingnut »

Offline goatprairie

I have been following this story in the press.  It is astounding how the liberal writers parse their discriptions:
For example:

Armed civilian kills suspect.

Passing motorist shoots, kills gunman

A passing motorist in Arizona fatally shot a man

In the description of events :

Arizona's loose Gun regulations...
Open Carry in Arizona...
At least this got reported.  The lib media usually shuts down all reports about citizens using guns for self defense or saving the life of someone else.
For decades it's been "The Evil Gun Kills Again" type of story especially when someone like a child is accidentally killed by a gun.  I'll bet most Americans have little knowledge of how often guns are used for self defense as opposed  to guns used for crime and killing innocents.  The former dwarfs the latter.