Author Topic: Ed Klein to Newsmax: Obama Plans 'Shadow Cabinet' to Oppose Trump  (Read 958 times)

Online mystery-ak

• Owner
  • Administrator
  • Let's Go Brandon!

Newsmax
Ed Klein to Newsmax: Obama Plans 'Shadow Cabinet' to Oppose Trump
Thursday, January 12, 2017 06:03 PM

By: Todd Beamon

President Barack Obama is "setting up an informal shadow Cabinet to resist Donald Trump at every turn," journalist Edward Klein told Newsmax TV on Thursday.

"The subtext of that farewell address was: 'I'm not going anywhere. I'm still the head of the party. I'm going to organize a resistance to Donald Trump — and I want you all to follow me,'" Klein to host Steve Malzberg on "America Talks Live" in an interview.

"He's staying in Washington," Klein added. "This Chicago stuff was just a one-night stand. He's got a big mansion in Washington."

more
http://www.newsmax.com/Newsmax-Tv/ed-klein-obama-shadow-cabinet/2017/01/12/id/768315/
Proud Supporter of Tunnel to Towers
Support the USO
Democrat Party...the Party of Infanticide

“Therefore do not worry about tomorrow, for tomorrow will worry about itself. Each day has enough trouble of its own.”
-Matthew 6:34

Offline Applewood

Re: Ed Klein to Newsmax: Obama Plans 'Shadow Cabinet' to Oppose Trump
« Reply #1 on: January 13, 2017, 03:47:25 pm »
A shadow cabinet huh?  Where is Obama's legal authority to set up such a cabinet?  What powers will it have?  Indeed, what exactly will this "shadow cabinet" do? 

I guess Obama, with his experience as a "community organizer" plans to organize all the malcontents still upset that Hillary won't be president.  Maybe he thinks he can start a civil war, throw this country into turmoil and seize power by force.  I don't trust him to stay on the sidelines.  He's not happy that his cushy gig as president is over and that he might have to look for a real job that involves real work. He wants to live it up on the taxpayers' dime again.  Sadly, he will have a lot of support if he wanted to take over the country again.

Offline Frank Cannon

« Reply #2 on: January 13, 2017, 03:49:42 pm »
Well if his current cabinet is any indication of the type of worthless loser he will have in his shadow cabinet, this should be comedy gold.

Offline Hondo69

• The more I know the less I understand
« Reply #3 on: January 13, 2017, 03:57:31 pm »
Sort of a Vichy France type of thing, huh?

"We're not really in power but we'll pretend to be for the sake of all our devoted followers".

Offline DCPatriot

• "...and the winning number is...not yours!
« Reply #4 on: January 13, 2017, 04:00:17 pm »
He sets up a "shadow cabinet" in his Kalorama mansion....as President Trump, I would call in a drone strike and level it.

Trump would have every right and duty to do it....soon as the girls leave for school and safely out of the way.

(is a sarcasm tag necessary?)   :laugh:
« Last Edit: January 13, 2017, 04:01:38 pm by DCPatriot »
"It aint what you don't know that kills you.  It's what you know that aint so!" ...Theodore Sturgeon

"Journalism is about covering the news.  With a pillow.  Until it stops moving."    - David Burge (Iowahawk)

"It was only a sunny smile, and little it cost in the giving, but like morning light it scattered the night and made the day worth living" F. Scott Fitzgerald

HonestJohn

« Reply #5 on: January 13, 2017, 04:00:28 pm »
I wonder if his shadow cabinet will be able to draw a salary?

Offline Millee

« Reply #6 on: January 13, 2017, 04:00:32 pm »
Guess Soros isn't done wasting his money yet.   :shrug:

Offline DCPatriot

• "...and the winning number is...not yours!
« Reply #7 on: January 13, 2017, 04:02:46 pm »
Guess Soros isn't done wasting his money yet.   :shrug:

Hell....I'd like to know where is the missing $6 BILLION from the State Department.
"It aint what you don't know that kills you.  It's what you know that aint so!" ...Theodore Sturgeon

"Journalism is about covering the news.  With a pillow.  Until it stops moving."    - David Burge (Iowahawk)

"It was only a sunny smile, and little it cost in the giving, but like morning light it scattered the night and made the day worth living" F. Scott Fitzgerald

Online andy58-in-nh

« Reply #8 on: January 13, 2017, 04:09:41 pm »
A few of us oldsters recall a time when the party out of power assumed the mantle of "The Loyal Opposition".

By and large, Republican types at the national level have still acted in this manner, muting their opposition to a new Administration, respecting what used to be described, somewhat quaintly at this remove as a "honeymoon period".

But for Democrats, not only did the "honeymoon" never begin, it's never going to happen. Today's Progressives believe that they and only they have a legitimate claim to running the government, and that when Republicans win, it must be a result of dishonesty, deceit or more simply, the stupidity of American voters. 

Democrats are still the party of Government. Outside of Congress and, soon the Presidency, they control its institutions and its bureaucracies and they will be damned if they let go without a fight. Even more importantly, Progressives also fully control America's social institutions - academia, the media, and the arts and entertainment industry - and these are fully on-board with an apparent Popular Rejectionism, by which is proclaimed the absolute illegitimacy of any Republican or conservative challenge to Democrat control of government.
"The most terrifying force of death, comes from the hands of Men who wanted to be left Alone. They try, so very hard, to mind their own business and provide for themselves and those they love. They resist every impulse to fight back, knowing the forced and permanent change of life that will come from it. They know, that the moment they fight back, their lives as they have lived them, are over. -Alexander Solzhenitsyn

Online Maj. Bill Martin

• I'll make Mincemeat out of 'em"
« Reply #9 on: January 13, 2017, 04:10:38 pm »
A shadow cabinet huh?  Where is Obama's legal authority to set up such a cabinet?  What powers will it have?  Indeed, what exactly will this "shadow cabinet" do? 

I guess Obama, with his experience as a "community organizer" plans to organize all the malcontents still upset that Hillary won't be president.  Maybe he thinks he can start a civil war, throw this country into turmoil and seize power by force.  I don't trust him to stay on the sidelines.  He's not happy that his cushy gig as president is over and that he might have to look for a real job that involves real work. He wants to live it up on the taxpayers' dime again.  Sadly, he will have a lot of support if he wanted to take over the country again.

A "shadow" cabinet has no legal authority.  It's basically the opposition setting up an organization with people who will be assigned to represent that organization's viewpoint with respect to specific issues.  So in the UK, the party out of power has a "shadow cabinet" that includes a Foreign Minister, and he'll essentially be the public opposition on issues of foreign policy.  But it's just verbal opposition without any power, and they don't draw any type of government salary.  There's no legal impediment to the Democrats or Republicans doing the same thing when the other party is in power.  It's basically a more organized form of free speech/political opposition.

Of course, that's never happened here, and would amount to a significant escalation of partisanship.  One problem with doing it here is that a cabinet presupposes someone to select it, and we don't have a "party leader" the way parties do in Britain.  Obama would be -- quite unsurprisingly -- simply taking it upon himself to choose who would be in that cabinet.

I personally think this would backfire on them, so I'm all in favor of it.
« Last Edit: January 13, 2017, 04:16:48 pm by Maj. Bill Martin »

Offline Doug Loss

• Proud Tennessean
« Reply #10 on: January 13, 2017, 08:28:29 pm »
President Barack Obama is "setting up an informal shadow Cabinet to resist Donald Trump at every turn," journalist Edward Klein told Newsmax TV on Thursday.

So...a kangaroo government?
My political philosophy:

1) I'm not bothering anybody.
2) It's none of your business.
3) Leave me alone!

Offline GrouchoTex

« Reply #11 on: January 13, 2017, 08:32:25 pm »
Hell....I'd like to know where is the missing $6 BILLION from the State Department.
I'd wager that the Iranians may know.