Author Topic: Obama's Farewell Address a Campaign Rally in Disguise... Jonah Goldberg  (Read 873 times)

Offline mystery-ak

• Owner
  • Administrator
  • Let's Go Brandon!

Obama's Farewell Address a Campaign Rally in Disguise
Jonah Goldberg
1/13/2017 12:01:00 AM

Barack Obama formally ended his presidency the way he came in, talking to adoring fans about how lucky we are to have him in our lives.

Indeed, given the hand-wringing over how Obama's successor is all about entertainment and theatrics, it was somewhere between ironic and absurd to watch the outgoing president hold a campaign rally for his "farewell address."

And yet, we've become so inured to this kind of self-serving pomp and circumstance that no one seems to care. From what I can tell, no liberal commentators minded at all, and most conservative reviewers went straight to the substance -- or lack thereof -- of Obama's remarks.

more
http://townhall.com/columnists/jonahgoldberg/2017/01/13/obamas-farewell-address-a-campaign-rally-in-disguise-n2270572
Proud Supporter of Tunnel to Towers
Support the USO
Democrat Party...the Party of Infanticide

“Therefore do not worry about tomorrow, for tomorrow will worry about itself. Each day has enough trouble of its own.”
-Matthew 6:34

Offline mountaineer

The first presidential farewell address, and the standard for all to follow, was given by George Washington. It was "given," not delivered, in that it was written out and published as a letter to the American people in the American Daily Advertiser under the title "The Address of General Washington to the People of the United States on his declining the Presidency of the United States."
What? No Greek columns? No "I, I, I"?

I'm surprised Obama didn't trot out the Greek columns set for the occasion, actually.
Support Israel's emergency medical service. afmda.org

Offline skeeter

Obama has one other 'first' he can be proud of - the first president to not 'grow' an iota in eight years of serving in the white house.

He's the same petulant self satisfied punk he was in 2008.

Offline andy58-in-nh

Obama has one other 'first' he can be proud of - the first president to not 'grow' an iota in eight years of serving in the white house.

He's the same petulant self satisfied punk he was in 2008.

If anything, Obama has shrunk in office
"The most terrifying force of death, comes from the hands of Men who wanted to be left Alone. They try, so very hard, to mind their own business and provide for themselves and those they love. They resist every impulse to fight back, knowing the forced and permanent change of life that will come from it. They know, that the moment they fight back, their lives as they have lived them, are over. -Alexander Solzhenitsyn

Offline 240B

• Lord of all things Orange!
  • TBR Advisory Committee
    • I try my best ...

What? No Greek columns? No "I, I, I"?

I'm surprised Obama didn't trot out the Greek columns set for the occasion, actually.

How true. It is interesting how much Obama's affected accents have changed.

When he first came into office he was severely afflicted with the 'Uh' disease.

"I 'uh' just want 'uh' to say 'uh' that 'uh' I 'uh' believe.....you couldn't listen to it. It was crazy. He was doing this because his Liberal trainers taught him that by saying 'uh' somehow you are thoughtful and deliberate. And he took it to an absurd level. He sounded like a freaking fool.

Then he went into his 'stuttering guy' routine. "I, I, I, I, just want to be clear, they can say anything they want about me, but, but, I, I, I, am never going to stop." He was doing this because he thinks of himself as sooooo, elite and wonderful, that he wanted to talk down to the rest of us by some self afflicted stutter. "I, I, just want to say, and I, I, will say it again, let me be clear!"

Then he would go into his 'cocky guy' routine, like some kind of wedding guy MC telling stupid jokes that were only funny to him and his lackeys. But they were always extremely self-congratulating and condescending.

The guy is mental. There is really something wrong with him. He lives in his own world and is so supremely confident that every thought that happens to rattle through his head, is the actual truth. And any disagreement with whatever he thinks is utterly and completely wrong.

Barak Hussein played the Liberals for fools for eight years. And the Liberals ate it up. They loved every stutter, every smartass insult to Christians and America in general. They loved it all.
You cannot "COEXIST" with people who want to kill you.
If they kill their own with no conscience, there is nothing to stop them from killing you.
Rational fear and anger at vicious murderous Islamic terrorists is the same as irrational antisemitism, according to the Leftists.

Offline 240B

• TBR Advisory Committee
    • I try my best ...

That must have been a very rough 5 years. Either that or he is sick with something.
Something is wrong with this.

If they kill their own with no conscience, there is nothing to stop them from killing you.
Rational fear and anger at vicious murderous Islamic terrorists is the same as irrational antisemitism, according to the Leftists.

Offline 240B

• TBR Advisory Committee
    • I try my best ...