Author Topic: U.S. troops' move to Poland unnerves Kremlin  (Read 309 times)

Online mystery-ak

• Owner
  • Administrator
  • Let's Go Brandon!
U.S. troops' move to Poland unnerves Kremlin
« on: January 13, 2017, 02:20:33 am »
Thu Jan 12, 2017 | 6:00pm EST
U.S. troops' move to Poland unnerves Kremlin

By Anna Koper and Andrew Osborn | WARSAW/MOSCOW

Poland on Thursday welcomed several thousand U.S. troops along with tanks and heavy equipment under a planned NATO operation to beef up its Eastern European allies, vexing the Kremlin, which said the troops' presence is a threat to Russia.

The largest U.S.military reinforcement of Europe in decades of around 2,700 troops, out of 3,500 planned, arrived as part of operation Atlantic Resolve, aimed at showing Moscow Washington's commitment to its allies.

"The main goal of our mission is deterrence and prevention of threats," U.S. Army Colonel Christopher R. Norrie, commander of the 3rd Armoured Brigade Combat Team, said at a welcome ceremony in Poland's western city of Zagan.

more
http://www.reuters.com/article/us-usa-russia-poland-idUSKBN14W1E4
Proud Supporter of Tunnel to Towers
Support the USO
Democrat Party...the Party of Infanticide

“Therefore do not worry about tomorrow, for tomorrow will worry about itself. Each day has enough trouble of its own.”
-Matthew 6:34

Offline sneakypete

• Twitter is for Twits
Re: U.S. troops' move to Poland unnerves Kremlin
« Reply #1 on: January 13, 2017, 07:50:32 am »
It even unnerves me? HTH is anything going on in Poland US business to the point where we are prepared to start a shooting war over it?

I will repeat what is becoming a mantra for me. How would most of us in the US respond if Russia started building military bases in Mexico and Canada,some with nuclear weapons?
Anyone who isn't paranoid in 2021 just isn't thinking clearly!