Author Topic: New York: Diplomatic immunity for Muslim arrested after subway sex assault  (Read 514 times)

rangerrebew

New York: Diplomatic immunity for Muslim arrested after subway sex assault
Posted on January 12, 2017 by creeping

Source: Sudan diplomat freed after sex abuse charge on New York subway – AOL News  h/t TROP

NEW YORK, Jan 10 (Reuters) – A Sudanese diplomat was arrested in New York City and charged with sexually rubbing up against a woman in a subway car but the charges were dropped and he was released because he had diplomatic immunity, police said on Tuesday.

Mohammad Abdalla Ali, 49, was riding a train out of the city’s Grand Central Terminal on Monday afternoon when he approached a 38-year-old woman from behind and rubbed his crotch against her, New York Police Department spokeswoman Arlene Muniz said in a phone interview.

Ali was brought to a precinct and charged with sexual abuse and forcible touching but those charges were later voided and he will not face prosecution, police said.

https://creepingsharia.wordpress.com/2017/01/12/muslim-diplomat-immunity-after-sex-abuse/
« Last Edit: January 12, 2017, 05:10:59 pm by rangerrebew »

Wingnut

Foreign diplomats are protected from prosecution under the 1961 Vienna Convention.

The level of immunity afforded diplomats depends entirely on their rank, although according to Article 29 of the convention, a diplomat must not be arrested, nor can his home, office or car be searched.

The person of a diplomatic agent shall be inviolable. He shall not be liable to any form of arrest or detention. The receiving State shall treat him with due respect and shall take all appropriate steps to prevent any attack on his person, freedom or dignity.
 Article 29 of the 1961 Vienna Convention
However, later articles allow for a diplomat to face prosecution in his home nation having been accused of an offence while abroad.

Also, it is  possible for the diplomat's government to revoke the immunity and allow prosecution.

Under Article 9 of the Convention, the hosting nation can declare any member of the diplomatic staff 'without having to explain its decision... persona non grata' and send them home.

Wingnut

Offline thackney

Sudan can revoke his immunity, or the US can stop the hundreds of millions of dollars per year in aid.

Life is fragile, handle with prayer

rangerrebew

Sudan can revoke his immunity, or the US can stop the hundreds of millions of dollars per year in aid.

Or the U.S. could deport him to Minnesota. :silly:

Oceander

The US can simply kick him out of the country.  One country can always kick out diplomats from another country. 

Wingnut

The US can simply kick him out of the country.  One country can always kick out diplomats from another country.

or

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=kwC_IaY3BmY&ab_channel=MovieDeaths2000

Offline Sanguine

• Ex-member

That's my understanding.  Send him home in disgrace.

Offline driftdiver

• I could eat it raw but why when I have fire
That's my understanding.  Send him home in disgrace.

@Sanguine
Disgrace requires he have honor in the first place.   I would wager his only concern is whether he can stay here and continue cashing in.
Fools mock, tongues wag, babies cry and goats bleat.

Offline Sanguine

• Ex-member
@Sanguine
Disgrace requires he have honor in the first place.   I would wager his only concern is whether he can stay here and continue cashing in.

True.