Author Topic: Bosnian Shoemaker Thrilled by Invite to Trump Inauguration  (Read 742 times)

Offline TomSea

• All deserve a trial if accused
Bosnian Shoemaker Thrilled by Invite to Trump Inauguration
« on: January 11, 2017, 11:05:28 pm »
She's from the FYR, Former Yugoslavian Republic, she's Slovenian. Nice little story.
Bosnian Shoemaker Thrilled by Invite to Trump Inauguration

The owner of the Bosnian shoe factory that sent specially designed shoes to Melania Trump has had 'sleepless nights' since receiving an invitation to go to Washington for one of the inaugural balls.

Danijel Kovacevic BIRN Banja Luka

Marinko Umicevic, director of the Banja Luka-based factory Bema, told BIRN on Wednesday that he had been having sleepless nights since receiving an invitation to one of the inauguration parties for new US President Donald Trump on January 20.

“On a Monday evening, I got a phone call from the agency that said it was organizing the humanitarian inaugural ball. They said that I'd caused them troubles. Apparently, I was invited to the VIP ball, but they forgot to send me an invitation earlier,” Umicevic said.

He said he had not slept all night because of that phone call, which had raised a new set of problems. - See more at: http://www.balkaninsight.com/en/article/bosnian-shoemaker-to-attend-trump-inauguration-01-11-2017#sthash.dD52FIez.dpuf

Offline Frank Cannon

Re: Bosnian Shoemaker Thrilled by Invite to Trump Inauguration
« Reply #1 on: January 11, 2017, 11:17:17 pm »
These heels look like a Serbian designed them. Bema must be their version of old lady Hush Puppy shoes.

Offline dfwgator

« Reply #2 on: January 11, 2017, 11:24:01 pm »
These heels look like a Serbian designed them. Bema must be their version of old lady Hush Puppy shoes.

I was wondering if he was a Bosnian Serb, or a Muslim.

Offline TomSea

• All deserve a trial if accused
« Reply #3 on: January 12, 2017, 12:08:18 am »
I was wondering if he was a Bosnian Serb, or a Muslim.

From reading on in the story, I'd say it's a Serbian.

There is also another ball for the inauguration, where a leader from over there was invited. It's not part of the big celebration but an offshoot so to speak.

Balkan Insight and Radio Free Europe are fairly good sources on all of this, I don't find a real bias with BI, Balkan Insight.

Not on the computer that much today, wrenched my back a little.
« Last Edit: January 12, 2017, 12:28:25 am by TomSea »

Wingnut

« Reply #4 on: January 12, 2017, 01:40:37 am »
Nice toe box.  A wide foot could get comfy.