Author Topic: Daniel Ortega sworn in for 3rd term as Nicaragua's president  (Read 512 times)

Offline TomSea

• All deserve a trial if accused
Daniel Ortega sworn in for 3rd term as Nicaragua's president
« on: January 12, 2017, 01:37:45 am »
Ortega was accused back in the day, I don't know if he was ever found guilty of anything, propaganda smears?
Daniel Ortega sworn in for 3rd term as Nicaragua's president

y LUIS MANUEL GALEANO, Associated Press

MANAGUA, Nicaragua — Daniel Ortega was sworn in for another term as Nicaragua's president Tuesday while his wife, Rosario Murillo, became the new vice president, giving a married couple the reins of power for the first time in the Central American country's history.

Ortega, a 71-year-old former Sandinista guerrilla fighter, took the oath in Managua with the presidents of Venezuela, Bolivia and Taiwan in attendance.

He let his wife speak first.

"I want to say to Nicaraguan women, here we are, we are going forward together and we have the future ahead of us winning the spaces that we deserve," Murillo said.

Continued: http://www.wral.com/daniel-ortega-sworn-in-for-3rd-term-as-nicaragua-s-president/16422933/

Offline Lando Lincoln

Re: Daniel Ortega sworn in for 3rd term as Nicaragua's president
« Reply #1 on: January 12, 2017, 01:50:33 am »
Wait!  Wha....?  That dude is still in play?

I had no idea.
There are some among us who live in rooms of experience we can never enter.
John Steinbeck

Offline corbe

Re: Daniel Ortega sworn in for 3rd term as Nicaragua's president
« Reply #2 on: January 12, 2017, 02:07:31 am »
   No Comment

No government in the 12,000 years of modern mankind history has led its people into anything but the history books with a simple lesson, don't let this happen to you.