Author Topic: 4 ways Obama's final speech was a load of crap  (Read 4013 times)

Offline Sanguine

• Ex-member
Re: 4 ways Obama's final speech was a load of crap
« Reply #25 on: January 12, 2017, 12:40:45 pm »
I didn't watch.
I never watched a single one of obama's speeches.

Had better things to do...

Same here.  Just can't do it. 

Offline goatprairie

« Reply #26 on: January 12, 2017, 03:08:36 pm »
Same here.  Just can't do it.
Watching Obama is good for inducing nausea....if you're in the mood for a little self-flagellation. For the record, I can't stand to hear much of any politician's verbalizing....even the ones I like.

Offline musiclady

« Reply #27 on: January 12, 2017, 03:16:31 pm »
Watching Obama is good for inducing nausea....if you're in the mood for a little self-flagellation. For the record, I can't stand to hear much of any politician's verbalizing....even the ones I like.

You know, I've gotten to be the same way.   Besides Obama and Trump and Hillary, and Pelosi and Reid, et al, I don't even like interviews with politicians I agree with on things.

It seems that all their comments come out of a can, and are all pre-rehearsed. 

They're boring and incredibly predictable.
Character still matters.  It always matters.

I wear a mask as an exercise in liberty and love for others.  To see it as an infringement of liberty is to entirely miss the point.  Be kind.

"Sometimes I think the Church would be better off if we would call a moratorium on activity for about six weeks and just wait on God to see what He is waiting to do for us. That's what they did before Pentecost."   - A. W. Tozer

Use the time God is giving us to seek His will and feel His presence.

Offline INVAR

• Dread To Tread
    • Sword At The Ready
« Reply #28 on: January 12, 2017, 03:57:15 pm »
Watching Obama is good for inducing nausea....if you're in the mood for a little self-flagellation.

Obama drones on like his heroes Fidel Castro and Chairman Mao.

Anyone remember this?

Fart for freedom, fart for liberty and fart proudly.  - Benjamin Franklin

...Obsta principiis—Nip the shoots of arbitrary power in the bud, is the only maxim which can ever preserve the liberties of any people. When the people give way, their deceivers, betrayers and destroyers press upon them so fast that there is no resisting afterwards. The nature of the encroachment upon [the] American constitution is such, as to grow every day more and more encroaching. Like a cancer, it eats faster and faster every hour." - John Adams, February 6, 1775

Wingnut

« Reply #29 on: January 12, 2017, 04:18:15 pm »
Obama drones on like his heroes Fidel Castro and Chairman Mao.

Anyone remember this?

The Maoist guide to your inner Obama! 

Offline INVAR

• Dread To Tread
    • Sword At The Ready
« Reply #30 on: January 12, 2017, 04:31:06 pm »
The Maoist guide to your inner Obama!

Yup.

That came out and was pushed in 2009 as 'required reading'.

And when you presented that news to folks, they refused to believe it, and/or thought Mao's little Red Book was a good thing to mimic here in this 'rotten country' that needed a 'cultural revolution'.
Fart for freedom, fart for liberty and fart proudly.  - Benjamin Franklin

...Obsta principiis—Nip the shoots of arbitrary power in the bud, is the only maxim which can ever preserve the liberties of any people. When the people give way, their deceivers, betrayers and destroyers press upon them so fast that there is no resisting afterwards. The nature of the encroachment upon [the] American constitution is such, as to grow every day more and more encroaching. Like a cancer, it eats faster and faster every hour." - John Adams, February 6, 1775

Offline LMAO

« Reply #31 on: January 13, 2017, 01:49:54 am »
It's human nature for a president to inflate his record. I don't expect him to lay out the real Obama record in his speech. But his delusion is tempered by the fact that in every election after 2008, save 2012, he and his policies cost the Democrats.
I have little interest in streamlining government or in making it more efficient, for I mean to reduce its size. I do not undertake to promote welfare, for I propose to extend freedom. My aim is not to pass laws, but to repeal them.

Barry Goldwater

http://www.usdebtclock.org

My Avatar is my adult autistic son Tommy