Author Topic: News Trump puts RFK Jr – who has railed against a vaccine ‘holocaust’ – in charge of new commission on vaccine safety  (Read 9495 times)

Offline Weird Tolkienish Figure

• Technical
My 2 cents...I have a grandson with autism...no matter who I ask no one has any answers on how or when this happened in his development....and further study is needed oh how and why this happens...

I do agree with Trump that vaccine dosages should be less and given farther apart...My son now 35 had a severe reaction to his MMR's and his dr lessened the dosage and moved back the times they were due..no further problems.....btw he is not the father of my grandson with autism

As far as appointing Kennedy...oh boy isn't there anyone else????

Dummy Trump shouldn't be making that decision. Good lord.

Offline libertybele

I think Vaccines as the boogeyman is a convenient excuse for Autism  just like the left blames fracing for earthquakes and poisoned water.

All six of my kids had their shots on time and they turned out fine.

Millions of kids every year have their shots and nothing happens.

This is nothing more than Leftist paranoia that for the longest time had Jenny McCarthy as the spokes idiot for the cause.

Now they've got the even kookier RFK Jr taking up the cruise.

Just my 2 cents.

You're kids are fine and that's wonderful.  I have a friend who has 4 children; 3 out of the 4 are autistic with the 4th too young yet to really make the determination. All of them have had their vaccines; there is nothing else in the scenario (other than a genetic possibility) to indicate anything else could be the cause. She lived in different states while pregnant so environment is unlikely and prenatal care was administered by different doctors, so that is unlikely as well.  My nephew's son was fine until around the age of the last vaccines in early childhood; he is in the military and was stationed in Germany so environment may play a factor.  I think there is more than one trigger for autism.

When my son was younger (and I'm 50+ something) he ran a high fever after his first series of the MMR vaccine and the doctor lowered the dose for the next series of shots. My son never received the very last dose later.  I've reflected back on this many times and in my opinion, there was question then as to the link to autism or other disorders and vaccines.  My son thankfully is fine.  My daughter in one of her classes in college discussed this issue at length with one of her professors.  When it was time for her son to be vaccinated she requested that her son be given the vaccines separately rather than together as the binding agent to some in the medical profession at the time was suspect.

Cases of autism have escalated drastically and along with it, every child is mandated to have vaccines before he/she can enter school. I am by no means an expert, I can only go on experiences that are close to me.  Something is happening to these kids.  Something is happening for the cases of autism to be increasing at an alarming rate.  One in 68 U.S. children has an autism spectrum disorder (ASD), a 30% increase from 1 in 88 two years ago, according to a new report released Thursday by the Centers for Disease Control and Prevention. (Mar 28, 2014).

So ... if there is nothing linking these kids to anything in the environment than it leaves two things; either something that mothers are given during their prenatal care; vitamins, ultrasounds, etc., or something that these children are encountering such as vaccines that are MANDATED by our government in order to attend school and all children ARE mandated to attend school and they are making it increasingly difficult to home school our children.

http://www.cnn.com/2014/03/27/health/cdc-autism/
Romans 12:16-21

Live in harmony with one another; do not be haughty, but associate with the lowly, do not claim to be wiser than you are.  Do not repay anyone evil for evil, but take thought for what is noble in the sight of all.  If it is possible, so far as it depends on you, live peaceably with all…do not be overcome by evil, but overcome evil with good.

Offline Applewood

Here is a look at his past 'involvement'.

He has zero medical education.
He has zero scientific education.
Outside of being a politician and environmental activist, the closest thing he has to experience on the subject is being a conspiracy theorist on the matter and hosting an Air America (when it existed) conspiracy radio program (Ring of Fire).

This would be like putting Jesse Ventura in a commission overseeing FEMA or Art Bell as head of NASA.

Trump seems to be fond of conspiracy theory types.  He used a number of sites devoted to conspiracy theories and rumor mongering  to great effect in his campaign, particularly against Ted Cruz.  Many of Trump's followers also believe there  are conspiracies lurking under every rock.  May be why they love Trump so much. 

Anyway, seems to me Trump has a number of more pressing issues to deal with than waste his time on crackpot theories.  Besides, if his investigsation proves there is no harm in vaccines,  there will still be those who will still believe the conspiracy theories.

Offline txradioguy

• Propaganda NCOIC
  • Cat Mod
  • Rule #39
You're kids are fine and that's wonderful.  I have a friend who has 4 children; 3 out of the 4 are autistic with the 4th too young yet to really make the determination. All of them have had their vaccines; there is nothing else in the scenario (other than a genetic possibility) to indicate anything else could be the cause. She lived in different states while pregnant so environment is unlikely and prenatal care was administered by different doctors, so that is unlikely as well.  My nephew's son was fine until around the age of the last vaccines in early childhood; he is in the military and was stationed in Germany so environment may play a factor.  I think there is more than one trigger for autism.

When my son was younger (and I'm 50+ something) he ran a high fever after his first series of the MMR vaccine and the doctor lowered the dose for the next series of shots. My son never received the very last dose later.  I've reflected back on this many times and in my opinion, there was question then as to the link to autism or other disorders and vaccines.  My son thankfully is fine.  My daughter in one of her classes in college discussed this issue at length with one of her professors.  When it was time for her son to be vaccinated she requested that her son be given the vaccines separately rather than together as the binding agent to some in the medical profession at the time was suspect.

Cases of autism have escalated drastically and along with it, every child is mandated to have vaccines before he/she can enter school. I am by no means an expert, I can only go on experiences that are close to me.  Something is happening to these kids.  Something is happening for the cases of autism to be increasing at an alarming rate.  One in 68 U.S. children has an autism spectrum disorder (ASD), a 30% increase from 1 in 88 two years ago, according to a new report released Thursday by the Centers for Disease Control and Prevention. (Mar 28, 2014).

So ... if there is nothing linking these kids to anything in the environment than it leaves two things; either something that mothers are given during their prenatal care; vitamins, ultrasounds, etc., or something that these children are encountering such as vaccines that are MANDATED by our government in order to attend school and all children ARE mandated to attend school and they are making it increasingly difficult to home school our children.

http://www.cnn.com/2014/03/27/health/cdc-autism/

What genetic testing has been done? Again blaming the Vaccines is the easy way out. No different than blaming man for global warming.

That many kids tur ing out autistic points to genes not shots.
The libs/dems of today are the Quislings of former years. The cowards who would vote a fraud into office in exchange for handouts from the devil.

Here lies in honored glory an American soldier, known but to God

THE ESTABLISHMENT IS THE PROBLEM...NOT THE SOLUTION

Republicans Don't Need A Back Bench...They Need a BACKBONE!

Offline libertybele

What genetic testing has been done? Again blaming the Vaccines is the easy way out. No different than blaming man for global warming.

That many kids tur ing out autistic points to genes not shots.

??? Not sure I'm following you here.  Keeping in mind that just within the past couple of years autism has increased 30% would indicate to me that it's not genetic ... I am not a geneticist but logically it would seem to me with the rising increase, in order for it to be genetic, it would indicate some type of genetic mutation is taking place?? What is causing that mutation then?

As for my friend, as far as I know genetic testing has not been done.  From what I've been told, autism hasn't shown up on either side of the families till this generation...so I think genetics is not related; other than back to perhaps some type of genetic mutation going on ... again if it is some type of mutation, the mutation is being brought about by a common denominator ... again vaccines seem the likely culprit.  Common denominators usually are; environmental impact (chemicals, be it vacinnes, exposure to lead, contraception, etc., ), food, water, air (pollution).

Sure vaccines some like the easy answer; but IMHO it is also the most logical. Something that mothers are routinely given or our children our routinely given seems likely to be causing autism.  Routinely prenatal vitamins are  prescribed to the mother and ultrasounds are now routinely done.  Routinely, vaccines are given to EVERY child that enters public school.  So....again ... what is the one most common denominator?  Vaccines! 

Live in harmony with one another; do not be haughty, but associate with the lowly, do not claim to be wiser than you are.  Do not repay anyone evil for evil, but take thought for what is noble in the sight of all.  If it is possible, so far as it depends on you, live peaceably with all…do not be overcome by evil, but overcome evil with good.

Offline Victoria33

Say it ain't so.  Fake news.   Right.
@Wingnut

It is possible Trump's young son has a form of autism and that is why he wants to do something about vaccines - blame the condition on a vaccine.  This is why his doing this is not a surprise to me.  Remember, everything he does is about him and family.

Offline LilLamb

• Are we there yet?
I guess I'll be the one to raise everyone's ire by saying that I question the rise in the diagnosis of autism among children. I think it's become a catch all diagnosis and children who truly have autism are not reflected in the number of children who are diagnosed as having it.
"When you can't make them see the light, make them feel the heat."  Ronald Reagan

Offline txradioguy

• Propaganda NCOIC
  • Cat Mod
  • Rule #39
??? Not sure I'm following you here.  Keeping in mind that just within the past couple of years autism has increased 30% would indicate to me that it's not genetic ... I am not a geneticist but logically it would seem to me with the rising increase, in order for it to be genetic, it would indicate some type of genetic mutation is taking place?? What is causing that mutation then?

As for my friend, as far as I know genetic testing has not been done.  From what I've been told, autism hasn't shown up on either side of the families till this generation...so I think genetics is not related; other than back to perhaps some type of genetic mutation going on ... again if it is some type of mutation, the mutation is being brought about by a common denominator ... again vaccines seem the likely culprit.  Common denominators usually are; environmental impact (chemicals, be it vacinnes, exposure to lead, contraception, etc., ), food, water, air (pollution).

Sure vaccines some like the easy answer; but IMHO it is also the most logical. Something that mothers are routinely given or our children our routinely given seems likely to be causing autism.  Routinely prenatal vitamins are  prescribed to the mother and ultrasounds are now routinely done.  Routinely, vaccines are given to EVERY child that enters public school.  So....again ... what is the one most common denominator?  Vaccines!

Except for the fact that research has shown that...*gasp*...its NOT the vaccines.

The childhood immunizations that have prevented outbreaks of mumps...rubella...svsrlet fever etc aren't the culprit.

Again it's like blaming bbq's and wood burning fire places for global warming.
The libs/dems of today are the Quislings of former years. The cowards who would vote a fraud into office in exchange for handouts from the devil.

Offline txradioguy

• Propaganda NCOIC
  • Cat Mod
  • Rule #39
A study this year in The Journal of Pediatrics may at last put the final nail in the coffin of the discredited research. In April, researchers published a study that looked at nearly 1,000 children and concluded that exposure to vaccines during the first two years of life was not associated with an increased risk of developing autism.

http://news.nationalgeographic.com/news/2013/07/130716-autism-vaccines-mccarthy-view-medicine-science/

One scientific certainty, reached after reviewing decades of studies on the effects of routine childhood vaccinations, is that the measles, mumps, and rubella, or MMR, vaccine is not linked to autism.

http://www.healthline.com/health-news/vaccines-dont-cause-autism-so-what-does-022015

The increase in autism diagnosis is because of better and broader testing criteria...NOT because if immunizations.

Offline libertybele

@Wingnut

It is possible Trump's young son has a form of autism and that is why he wants to do something about vaccines - blame the condition on a vaccine.  This is why his doing this is not a surprise to me.  Remember, everything he does is about him and family.

Rumor has it that Barron is autistic.  The thought of autism being caused by vaccines or the binding agents in vaccines has been tossed around in the medical community for well over a decade and I do believe there was concern decades ago, when I was taking my children for their vaccines and my son had a reaction; the dose was lowered and the very last dose was never given. 

Perhaps I'm misunderstanding your point, but if Trump indeed thinks it could very well be the vaccines and he now has the ability to appoint someone to research to help his son more power to him.  More than 3.5 million Americans live with an autism spectrum disorder. ( Buescher et al., 2014) Prevalence of autism in U.S. children increased by 119.4 percent from 2000 (1 in 150) to 2010 (1 in 68). (Aug 26, 2015 My God, 1 in 68 children are now affected by some type of autism.  There are different degrees of autism from severe and unable to function to high functioning.   Until there is absolute proof that it is not vaccines which are given to EVERY child during infancy and the early toddler years and if not then before they enter public school, I won't be convinced.

Sure routine vaccines have been determined safe for decades, especially in the U.S.  What if the impact genetically over generations, negatively impacts the parts of the brain responsible for communication, emotion and the inability to socialize? How if this generation is finally showing the results of what these vaccines are doing to the body?

Offline Victoria33

I guess I'll be the one to raise everyone's ire by saying that I question the rise in the diagnosis of autism among children. I think it's become a catch all diagnosis and children who truly have autism are not reflected in the number of children who are diagnosed as having it.
@LilLamb
@mystery-ak 

You are correct about this.  When I was psychologically evaluating children, for 25 years, only two were genuinely autistic and I gave them that diagnosis.  Sometime later after those two children, the DSM manual was changed and a bunch of conditions were added to autism and that caused children to get that diagnosis at a fast rate, but not by me.

Offline truth_seeker

• Common Sense Results Oriented Conservative Veteran
.....  Vaccines!

Surely with all of that information, you should be able to state WHICH vaccine is most likely to be the culprit?

Polio? Diphtheria? Typhoid? (My grandfather had two of six siblings die of Diphtheria in one week, out in Dakota Territory. Before vaccines they treated Diphtheria by gargling kerosene.)

Can parents get SSI Disability for autistic children?

I believe the psychology/psychiatry professions have made big advancements to identify and classify conditions, which previously were simply taken as differing abilities.

"God must love the common man, he made so many of them.�  Abe Lincoln

Offline Hoodat

@libertybele
@mystery-ak

My younger son was diagnosed with autism around age 4.  When he was between one and two, my wife and I would hear him talking in his crib.  Then one day, it just stopped.  He stopped talking and went into his own world.  Before, he would eat anything placed before him including vegetables.  After, he would only eat peanut butter sandwiches and a few other things.  I do not know if vaccines were the culprit, but I do know that our doctors and hospitals push vaccines too early.  I remember the day he was born how the hospital tried to push a whole slew of vaccines before he left the hospital, which is crazy because a human's immune system does not have the capacity to create antibodies until at least 6 months old.

Anyway, once the autism manifested, we stopped all vaccines.  Today, he is twelve, and completely cured of autism (by the grace of God).  I can attest that praying does work.  Socially, he is behind the curve and can have problems communicating and dealing with over-sensitivity.  But without exception, every day God shows me a new miracle in him.
If a political party does not have its foundation in the determination to advance a cause that is right and that is moral, then it is not a political party; it is merely a conspiracy to seize power.

-Dwight Eisenhower-

"The [U.S.] Constitution is a limitation on the government, not on private individuals ... it does not prescribe the conduct of private individuals, only the conduct of the government ... it is not a charter for government power, but a charter of the citizen's protection against the government."

-Ayn Rand-

Offline libertybele

@libertybele
@mystery-ak

My younger son was diagnosed with autism around age 4.  When he was between one and two, my wife and I would hear him talking in his crib.  Then one day, it just stopped.  He stopped talking and went into his own world.  Before, he would eat anything placed before him including vegetables.  After, he would only eat peanut butter sandwiches and a few other things.  I do not know if vaccines were the culprit, but I do know that our doctors and hospitals push vaccines too early.  I remember the day he was born how the hospital tried to push a whole slew of vaccines before he left the hospital, which is crazy because a human's immune system does not have the capacity to create antibodies until at least 6 months old.

Anyway, once the autism manifested, we stopped all vaccines.  Today, he is twelve, and completely cured of autism (by the grace of God).  I can attest that praying does work.  Socially, he is behind the curve and can have problems communicating and dealing with over-sensitivity.  But without exception, every day God shows me a new miracle in him.

Alleluia! It is wonderful that your son was cured!  I find it interesting that you stopped all vaccines as well as I am definitely not convinced that vaccines aren't the cause and I certainly don't trust some of the reports issued by the CDC. The only way we will know if vaccines are the culprit is to allow a large portion of our infant/toddler population to not be vaccinated. If autism decreases, then we will know that vaccines are likely the culprit.

Offline LilLamb

• Are we there yet?
Alleluia! It is wonderful that your son was cured!  I find it interesting that you stopped all vaccines as well as I am definitely not convinced that vaccines aren't the cause and I certainly don't trust some of the reports issued by the CDC. The only way we will know if vaccines are the culprit is to allow a large portion of our infant/toddler population to not be vaccinated. If autism decreases, then we will know that vaccines are likely the culprit.

Autism will decrease because the infant/toddler death rate will go up. But as long as the diagnosis of autism goes down why not let children die from complications of preventable diseases.
"When you can't make them see the light, make them feel the heat."  Ronald Reagan

Offline mystery-ak

• Owner
  • Administrator
  • Let's Go Brandon!
Autism will decrease because the infant/toddler death rate will go up. But as long as the diagnosis of autism goes down why not let children die from complications of preventable diseases.

I am in NO WAY anti vaccines...quite the contrary....my two latest grandchildren are both up to date with their shots.

I am only raising my concern that all avenues be thoroughly investigated....
Proud Supporter of Tunnel to Towers
Support the USO
Democrat Party...the Party of Infanticide

“Therefore do not worry about tomorrow, for tomorrow will worry about itself. Each day has enough trouble of its own.”
-Matthew 6:34

Offline driftdiver

• I could eat it raw but why when I have fire
http://news.nationalgeographic.com/news/2013/07/130716-autism-vaccines-mccarthy-view-medicine-science/

http://www.healthline.com/health-news/vaccines-dont-cause-autism-so-what-does-022015

The increase in autism diagnosis is because of better and broader testing criteria...NOT because if immunizations.

@txradioguy

I'd be interested in how you would prove there wasn't a connection when the number of children receiving those vaccines is such a large percentage of the population.
Fools mock, tongues wag, babies cry and goats bleat.

Offline libertybele

Seriously?  Not saying that at all.  Certainly the study that I proposed is never going to be done, because of the obvious that you stated.  Dying from complications of preventable diseases is one thing, but being possibly harmed for life from the vaccine to prevent those diseases is quite another. Regardless of cause, the number of children with autism is rising. There is no solid proof that vaccines or agents within the vaccines or perhaps even the timing of the vaccines being given do not cause or trigger autism OR have an affect on the genes now being passed on. 

Autism is on the rise and yes, in part due to more frequent and adequate diagnosis. I think Trump creating a special effort to research this issue is wonderful.  More power to him!

https://www.autismspeaks.org/news/news-item/watch-pbs-newshour-looks-mssng-genome-project

Offline Hoodat

Autism will decrease because the infant/toddler death rate will go up.

This by far is one of the stupidest statements I have seen posted on this board.
If a political party does not have its foundation in the determination to advance a cause that is right and that is moral, then it is not a political party; it is merely a conspiracy to seize power.

-Dwight Eisenhower-

"The [U.S.] Constitution is a limitation on the government, not on private individuals ... it does not prescribe the conduct of private individuals, only the conduct of the government ... it is not a charter for government power, but a charter of the citizen's protection against the government."

-Ayn Rand-

• Technical
This by far is one of the stupidest statements I have seen posted on this board.

Besides all the garbage that's spewed out of your filthy sewer that is.

What is you think vaccines do, dummy?

Offline driftdiver

• I could eat it raw but why when I have fire

Besides all the garbage that's spewed out of your filthy sewer that is.

What is you think vaccines do, dummy?

@Weird Tolkienish Figure

It must be wonderful to live in such a black & white simplistic world.   You are hardly one to criticize others for spewing.

@Hoodat
Fools mock, tongues wag, babies cry and goats bleat.

• Technical
@Weird Tolkienish Figure

It must be wonderful to live in such a black & white simplistic world.   You are hardly one to criticize others for spewing.

@Hoodat

What do you think vaccines do, dd? You think we give them out to kids for fun?

When people make idiotic statements, how am I supposed to react?

Oceander

Jesus, not this idiotic sh*t again. 

:facepalm2:

Wingnut

@Wingnut

Or it could be his Sperm and her eggs were past their optimum use-by dates?

• Technical
Jesus, not this idiotic sh*t again. 

:facepalm2:

IT's the new conservativism. Anti-vaxxing, space aliens, and elvis is still alive btw.