Author Topic: Ted Cruz just took the Dems' Jeff Sessions confirmation hearing hypocrisy and killed it with FIRE f  (Read 12636 times)

Silver Pines

@CatherineofAragon
If you wish to believe all that, go ahead, the saying I have heard is "they can dish it out but they can't take it."

Cruz endorsed Trump but he also endorsed Romney before; a lot of folks here, wouldn't even do that.

I voted for both, seems I'm following Cruz more than others.

Yes, "partisan hackery", sure, except when it comes to St. Cruz. Then we can disagree with him.

In the long run, as I said, Trump supporters support of Cruz may be more pragmatic and fulfilling of aims than just saying "I'm against everyone".

@TomSea

Support of Cruz, lol.  You were vilifying him the day before yesterday.

Offline HoustonSam

• "That'll be the day......"
  • old times there are not forgotten
@HoustonSam
It's funny you should say that.  A few days ago someone noted that those who supported Trump with the most dedication and fervor---Christie, Giuliani, Gingrich---ended up with nothing to show for it.  Only Gingrich is still bothering to put himself in front of the cameras now and then.

I agree with Newt frequently - not always - but I think he's in front of the cameras because he enjoys it.

My low opinion of Trump notwithstanding, I'm willing to extend him some benefit of the doubt and figure that he distinguished between fervent campaign surrogates and Cabinet Secretaries, and recognized that loyalty in the former role does not predict success in the latter.  But I wonder which of the paragons of success will be the first to leave and say something less-than-fawning, and then be derided as a "failure and horrible loser who begged me to hire him" in a Tweet.  And then how long it will take for the Chorus of the Trump Infallibility Myth to change their tune about that outcast.
James 1:20

Offline Frank Cannon

Lyin' Ted at it again I see. Donny is going to have to do something about this loudmouth.

Offline libertybele

Senator Ted Cruz - reigniting the promise of America.  I have supported him in the past and will continue to support him for his run in 2018. This incident is a prime example of why we need Cruz in the Senate rather than serving as a justice.  His extraordinary talent of an "audiographic memory" gives him a distinct advantage over most.  In addition he is also a brilliant debater; that is what he does best.  He argues on behalf of the truth!  Go Ted!!!    :patriot:
Romans 12:16-21

Live in harmony with one another; do not be haughty, but associate with the lowly, do not claim to be wiser than you are.  Do not repay anyone evil for evil, but take thought for what is noble in the sight of all.  If it is possible, so far as it depends on you, live peaceably with all…do not be overcome by evil, but overcome evil with good.

Offline TomSea

• All deserve a trial if accused
@TomSea

So you say, I am just recognizing what true conservatives are,

The one you just called a "cabinet pick" who is way more accomplished than Cruz per conservatism, Jeff Sessions, same thing for Mike Pence, way more of an accomplished Conservative.

But what did you say? Partisan Hackery? Yet, here is Cruz sticking up for Sessions, endorsing Romney and Trump.

I suggest one look up the word "hypocrisy"; though the Levinites would never recognize it, they have their checklist conservatism, that's what's important, not actually getting things done.

Offline libertybele

@TomSea

I'm not quite sure how to classify the change in comments and logic; mind boggling or just plain wishy-washy.
« Last Edit: January 11, 2017, 12:08:15 am by libertybele »

Live in harmony with one another; do not be haughty, but associate with the lowly, do not claim to be wiser than you are.  Do not repay anyone evil for evil, but take thought for what is noble in the sight of all.  If it is possible, so far as it depends on you, live peaceably with all…do not be overcome by evil, but overcome evil with good.

Offline TomSea

• All deserve a trial if accused
@TomSea

@CatherineofAragon

If I interpreted things like you, I'd say you are now calling Cruz a political hack.

Offline HoustonSam

I'm not quite sure how to classify the change in comments; mind boggling or just plain wishy-washy.

Insane.  And I don't mean that as hyperbole or insult.

Offline skeeter

The one you just called a "cabinet pick" who is way more accomplished than Cruz per conservatism, Jeff Sessions, same thing for Mike Pence, way more of an accomplished Conservative.

But what did you say? Partisan Hackery? Yet, here is Cruz sticking up for Sessions, endorsing Romney and Trump.

I suggest one look up the word "hypocrisy"; though the Levinites would never recognize it, they have their checklist conservatism, that's what's important, not actually getting things done.

One day it may occur to you that Cruz has been the same solid, honest conservative all along; it was YOU who had it all wrong.

Online DCPatriot

• "...and the winning number is...not yours!
   Ted being Ted, eventually he's gonna butt heads with President Trump and it's not gonna be pretty.

Peeing in the punch bowl, already?? 

You're not a glass half-full kind of guy, huh?
"It aint what you don't know that kills you.  It's what you know that aint so!" ...Theodore Sturgeon

"Journalism is about covering the news.  With a pillow.  Until it stops moving."    - David Burge (Iowahawk)

"It was only a sunny smile, and little it cost in the giving, but like morning light it scattered the night and made the day worth living" F. Scott Fitzgerald

Offline txradioguy

• Propaganda NCOIC
  • Cat Mod
  • Rule #39
Peeing in the punch bowl, already?? 

You're not a glass half-full kind of guy, huh?

No we just know how petty and spiteful Trump is.
The libs/dems of today are the Quislings of former years. The cowards who would vote a fraud into office in exchange for handouts from the devil.

Here lies in honored glory an American soldier, known but to God

THE ESTABLISHMENT IS THE PROBLEM...NOT THE SOLUTION

Republicans Don't Need A Back Bench...They Need a BACKBONE!

Offline beandog

The Donald's supporters are even worse than he is.

Online DCPatriot

This thread isn't about Donald Trump.

It's about Ted Cruz undressing the Democrats for the world to see.
"It aint what you don't know that kills you.  It's what you know that aint so!" ...Theodore Sturgeon

"Journalism is about covering the news.  With a pillow.  Until it stops moving."    - David Burge (Iowahawk)

"It was only a sunny smile, and little it cost in the giving, but like morning light it scattered the night and made the day worth living" F. Scott Fitzgerald

Offline corbe

@CatherineofAragon
If you wish to believe all that, go ahead, the saying I have heard is "they can dish it out but they can't take it."

Cruz endorsed Trump but he also endorsed Romney before; a lot of folks here, wouldn't even do that.

I voted for both, seems I'm following Cruz more than others.

Yes, "partisan hackery", sure, except when it comes to St. Cruz. Then we can disagree with him.

In the long run, as I said, Trump supporters support of Cruz may be more pragmatic and fulfilling of aims than just saying "I'm against everyone".

@TomSea us 'Cruzers' can take anything about Ted you can dish out, true or not, he is not 'our' messiah, a mere mortal that we can agree with 90% of the time and that's good enough for me.
   As far as the rest of what your saying, it just didn't register, I tried, I read it twice.
No government in the 12,000 years of modern mankind history has led its people into anything but the history books with a simple lesson, don't let this happen to you.

Offline Frank Cannon

He argues on behalf of the truth!  Go Ted!!!    :patriot:

But he can't be. It was revealed in the Primaries that Ted is both Lyin' and owned by Goldman Sachs (by marriage)!

Offline beandog

This thread is about Sen. Cruz doing the right thing and supporting the Donald's nominee, even though that nominee, a fellow Senator, did not support him for President.  Therefore, this thread is also about the Donald.

Offline HoustonSam

But he can't be. It was revealed in the Primaries that Ted is both Lyin' and owned by Goldman Sachs (by marriage)!

No Goldman Sachs is now good again since Trump appointed three of their alumni and a fourth by marriage.  And the definition of "lyin'" is "sayin' somethin' that's inconvenient for Trump."

Offline corbe

@TomSea

I get it now, 'True Conservatives'.

http://www.gopbriefingroom.com/index.php/topic,243107.0.html

PS: It didn't bother me one bit, my skin is not that thin.
No government in the 12,000 years of modern mankind history has led its people into anything but the history books with a simple lesson, don't let this happen to you.

Offline Cyber Liberty

• Coffee! Donuts! Kittens!
  • Administrator
  • 🌵🌵🌵

@DCPatriot

Yes he did, and that's the bottom line.  The ball was moved our way and that's what counts.
« Last Edit: January 11, 2017, 12:27:52 am by Cyber Liberty »
For unvaccinated, we are looking at a winter of severe illness and death — if you’re unvaccinated — for themselves, their families, and the hospitals they’ll soon overwhelm. Sloe Joe Biteme 12/16
I will NOT comply.

Castillo del Cyber Autonomous Zone ~~~~~>                          :dontfeed:

Online andy58-in-nh

Exactly right. The election is over. Donald Trump is going to be our President, and anyone who still cares about the future of liberty in America needs to understand that there is no "perfect" in politics or in life. Trump promises a far better potential future than Hillary and her radical associates would have, and I say that as one of his frequent critics.  He deserves a chance to change this country's disastrous course away from Obamanism. I hope he proves to be amenable to wise counsel, and wish him nothing but success.
"The most terrifying force of death, comes from the hands of Men who wanted to be left Alone. They try, so very hard, to mind their own business and provide for themselves and those they love. They resist every impulse to fight back, knowing the forced and permanent change of life that will come from it. They know, that the moment they fight back, their lives as they have lived them, are over. -Alexander Solzhenitsyn

Offline bilo

Ted being Ted, eventually he's gonna butt heads with President Trump and it's not gonna be pretty.

You're right, but even if Sen Cruz loses he will still be right. We live in an age of celebrity not principal. Sen Cruz is ruled by principal, that's part of the reason so many Trump supporters think he's "preachy".
A stranger in a hostile foreign land I used to call home

Online DCPatriot

Exactly right. The election is over. Donald Trump is going to be our President, and anyone who still cares about the future of liberty in America needs to understand that there is no "perfect" in politics or in life. Trump promises a far better potential future than Hillary and her radical associates would have, and I say that as one of his frequent critics.  He deserves a chance to change this country's disastrous course away from Obamanism. I hope he proves to be amenable to wise counsel, and wish him nothing but success.

:beer:

Offline libertybele

It is actually interesting right now to watch Cruz in action.  So far he's publicly stated that he was voting for Trump, applauded Trump's cabinet picks so far and he's standing up for one of Trump's cabinet appointments.  All this has helped to advance Trump and he should be counting his blessings that so far Ted seems to be on his side.

Offline ArneFufkin

Still hoping he's on the short list for one of the SCOTUS openings this next 4 years.

Online mystery-ak

• Owner
  • Administrator
  • Let's Go Brandon!
Still hoping he's on the short list for one of the SCOTUS openings this next 4 years.

:amen:
Proud Supporter of Tunnel to Towers
Support the USO
Democrat Party...the Party of Infanticide

“Therefore do not worry about tomorrow, for tomorrow will worry about itself. Each day has enough trouble of its own.”
-Matthew 6:34