Author Topic: Ivanka Trump to Be Acting First Lady...By: Margaret Carlson  (Read 914 times)

Offline mystery-ak

• Owner
  • Administrator
  • Let's Go Brandon!
Ivanka Trump to Be Acting First Lady...By: Margaret Carlson
« on: January 10, 2017, 04:04:11 pm »

Newsmax
Ivanka Trump to Be Acting First Lady
Monday, January 9, 2017 06:21 PM

By: Margaret Carlson, Bloomberg View

Ivanka Trump, I’m happy to report, is moving into a house a few blocks from mine in the Kalorama section of Washington, ending the Washington parlor game over where she, her husband Jared Kushner, and their three children would settle. Score a loss for Georgetown, where the Trumps had been looking for weeks, and a win for Kalorama, where former President Barack Obama and his family will also be living after Inauguration Day. The high-powered influx is likely to prove more than the narrow streets can bear, but what the neighborhood will lose in parking, it may make up for with a sharp increase in property values.

more
http://www.newsmax.com/MargaretCarlson/ivanka-first-lady-trump/2017/01/09/id/767600/
Proud Supporter of Tunnel to Towers
Support the USO
Democrat Party...the Party of Infanticide

“Therefore do not worry about tomorrow, for tomorrow will worry about itself. Each day has enough trouble of its own.”
-Matthew 6:34

Offline Maj. Bill Martin

• I'll make Mincemeat out of 'em"
Re: Ivanka Trump to Be Acting First Lady...By: Margaret Carlson
« Reply #1 on: January 10, 2017, 04:07:22 pm »
I know some folks will complain or joke about this, but I don't see a problem.  Contrary to what Hillary thought, First Ladies aren't on the ballot, and aren't elected.  I actually thinks it's kind of cool that Melania is going to stay with her son in N.Y., and Trump will fly up to visit.

The whole mock "Royal Family" vibe that some want to put on the White House rubs me the wrong way anyway.  Plus, it's likely to tick off the social doyens who love to throw their fabulous parties for all the rich and powerful in D.C..  Seems as though they won't be quite as glamourous as they might like.
« Last Edit: January 10, 2017, 04:08:24 pm by Maj. Bill Martin »