Author Topic: Witch Hunting Dems Call for 9/11 Style Tribunal to Probe Russian Election Conspiracy Theories  (Read 996 times)

rangerrebew

Witch Hunting Dems Call for 9/11 Style Tribunal to Probe Russian Election Conspiracy Theories

January 10, 2017| by Donn Marten

Embittered Democrats are taking another big step towards full blown Stalinism with calls for a tribunal modeled after the 9/11 Commission to probe Russian election meddling conspiracies. It is another sign that a very dangerous strain of totalitarianism is brewing on the left and a warning as to why Democrats should never be allowed to hold serious political power in this country again.

According to Reuters “Democrats want 9/11-style special commission to probe Russia”:

Democratic members of the U.S. Congress called on Monday for the creation of an independent commission to investigate Russia’s attempts to intervene in the 2016 election, similar to the Sept. 11 panel that probed the 2001 attacks on the United States.

Their “Protecting our Democracy Act” would create a 12-member, bipartisan independent panel to interview witnesses, obtain documents, issue subpoenas and receive public testimony to examine attempts by Moscow and any other entities to influence the election.

http://downtrend.com/donn-marten/witch-hunting-dems-call-for-911-stlye-tribunal-to-probe-russian-election-conspiracy-theories
« Last Edit: January 10, 2017, 01:09:57 pm by rangerrebew »

Offline Cripplecreek

• Constitutional Extremist
It happened entirely on Obama's watch so I can't imaging why the republicans would want to oppose it

Offline Doug Loss

• Proud Tennessean
Perhaps they need to convene a whole tribunal to look into that whole 1947 Roswell to-do, also...
My political philosophy:

1) I'm not bothering anybody.
2) It's none of your business.
3) Leave me alone!

Online ScottinVA

[According to Reuters “Democrats want 9/11-style special commission to probe Russia”]

I find laughable the libs are now targeting Russia.  Would that they had a similar interest in probing Ted Kennedy's outreach to Yuri Andropov in 1983 in an effort to undermine President Reagan's foreign policy.

HonestJohn

'Witch hunt' to look into foreign involvement?

Well now, we now know who Downtrend supports.  And it isn't America.

I wonder who is paying their bills?

Offline Cripplecreek

• Constitutional Extremist
'Witch hunt' to look into foreign involvement?

Well now, we now know who Downtrend supports.  And it isn't America.

I wonder who is paying their bills?

Downtrend headlines make it pretty clear they aren't a real news site.

HonestJohn

Downtrend headlines make it pretty clear they aren't a real news site.

Yes, but their 'news' can illustrate their own beliefs and possibly who their backers are.

Offline skeeter

Yes, but their 'news' can illustrate their own beliefs

Works the same way with posters to political internet forums. Just look at which side they consistently land on given any particular issue.