Author Topic: Tech Founder: Middle America Is Too ‘Violent, Stupid And Racist’ For New Jobs  (Read 2776 times)

rangerrebew

Tech Founder: Middle America Is Too ‘Violent, Stupid And Racist’ For New Jobs
Photo of Robert Donachie
Robert Donachie
Finance Reporter
7:47 PM 01/08/2017

U.S. sailors unravel a huge American flag across the field during opening day ceremonies before the San Diego Padres host the Los Angeles Dodgers in their MLB National League baseball game in San Diego, California, April 9, 2013. REUTERS/Mike Blake.   U.S. sailors unravel a huge American flag across the field during opening day ceremonies before the San Diego Padres host the Los Angeles Dodgers in their MLB National League baseball game in San Diego, California, April 9, 2013. REUTERS/Mike Blake.

One Silicon Valley executive had a few choice words to describe Americans living in the heart of the nation, and they were not flattering.

Melinda Byerley, MBA and founder of Timeshare CMO, a Silicon Valley-based tech start-up, tweeted out Saturday afternoon describing what middle America could do to “get more jobs in their area.”

Read more: http://dailycaller.com/2017/01/08/tech-company-founder-middle-america-is-a-shthole-filled-with-stupid-people/#ixzz4VGNf5D00

Offline Doug Loss

• Proud Tennessean
From the article:

The MBA claims that “we,” the educated people, like herself, “would like to live a more rural lifestyle,” but they “won’t sacrifice tolerance or diversity to do so.” Especially, these folks do not want to live in “states where the majority of residents are voting for things against their own interests,” solely, because these voters “don’t want brown people to thrive.”

She declares that if middle American towns can begin fixing their schools, and, essentially, “clean up their act,” then people like Byerley will “want to live there.” She even says that the fixing these problems would bring the “best and brightest” of our youth who “would rather scrape by in SF than live in a huge house somewhere if it meant dealing with with bigots and backwards ideologies every day,” to middle America.

So all we have to do to keep progressive bigots like Byerley out of our towns and states is to continue to observe traditional American values?  Who know it would be that easy?  Works for me!
« Last Edit: January 09, 2017, 12:23:36 pm by Doug Loss »
My political philosophy:

1) I'm not bothering anybody.
2) It's none of your business.
3) Leave me alone!

Oceander

Fix their schools - you mean the way that Detroit has fixed its schools?

Oceander

And perhaps she ought to ask some of those "brown folk" who already live there what they think; she would be very surprised at their answers, which will not confirm her blinkered, parochial prejudices.

Offline Applewood

Another California lib.  You would think she would have learned a lesson from Obama and his "bitter clingers" remark.  That attitude cost O votes and eventually led to his party's losses in the last election.  You don't insult ordinary, decent, hard working people and expect that your insults won't bite you in the  butt cheeks someday. 

Fine.  She can stay in diverse, racially tolerant California.  Go ahead and give out jobs to people based on skin color or queen lifestyle, instead of competence and hard work.   Let's see how long her company will stay in business.

Offline Weird Tolkienish Figure

• Technical
These people have no idea how much "regular Americans" or even their own employees, absolutely hate their guts. Believe me, I work in a tech enclave in Cambridge MA.

Online mountaineer

The MBA claims that “we,” the educated people, like herself, “would like to live a more rural lifestyle,” but they “won’t sacrifice tolerance or diversity to do so.”
I live in a poor small county in W.Va. A few years ago, a high school star athlete was feted decades after his glory days. This fellow, a black man, long ago moved away from the area, but he spoke nostalgically of how he experienced no prejudice nor racial bigotry in our little "middle America town" as a child.

"We were all poor, and we were all poor together," he said. Black kids played with white kids, went to each others' homes, and neither they nor their parents gave it a second thought. Diversity and tolerance amongst the poor and not-well-educated, go figure!

On second thought, I guess it really isn't very diverse around here, after all. Too many kind, generous people of all skin tones; not enough hateful liberals in the mix.
Support Israel's emergency medical service. afmda.org

Offline skeeter

It looks like this "CEO" has two people working for her.

Just another leftist blowhard who thinks her opinion matters to anyone but herself.

Offline Frank Cannon

It looks like this "CEO" has two people working for her.

Just another leftist blowhard who thinks her opinion matters to anyone but herself.

Exactly. This "company" is a huge nothingburger. The only thing they brag about is their location to other real companies.

Offline jmyrlefuller

• J. Myrle Fuller
  • Cat Mod
  • Realistic nihilist
    • Fullervision
What she doesn't understand is that in a rural area, you're not surrounded by bigots, you're surrounded by, well, nobody. Open space is one of the big reasons people live out here.
New profile picture in honor of Public Domain Day 2024

Offline sneakypete

• Twitter is for Twits
From the article:

So all we have to do to keep progressive bigots like Byerley out of our towns and states is to continue to observe traditional American values?  Who know it would be that easy?  Works for me!

@Doug Loss

My first instinct was to say "Works for me!",too,but the truth is heshitit is never going to move to America anyhow. I seriously doubt hesheit can even get a date where they live,in a little wealthy leftist enclave surrounded by homeless crackheads willing to do damn near anything for a fix,so you KNOW heshitit would never find a date or mate in America.
Anyone who isn't paranoid in 2021 just isn't thinking clearly!

Offline sneakypete

• Twitter is for Twits

@Oceander

Yes,that is EXACTLY what hesheit means,even if hesheit is too clueless to realize it. They NEED a completely ignorant underclass to worship them and do all the manual labor they are unable or unwilling to do for themselves. They dream of living in a caste system where THEY are the royalty.

Offline sneakypete

• Twitter is for Twits
And perhaps she ought to ask some of those "brown folk" who already live there what they think; she would be very surprised at their answers, which will not confirm her blinkered, parochial prejudices.

@Oceander

Nah,she would hear what hesheit wants to hear because the first thing hesheit would do would be to start waving 100 dollar bills around to give to anyone willing to give an opinion. Not being the fools she and her cultural equals are,they are going to tell her anything hesheit wants to hear as long as the 100 dollar bills keep flowing. Of course,once the 100 dollar bills stop flowing they will then beat and rob hesheit of what remaing drugs and money hesheit has and leave hesheit bleeding in the street.

Which will inspire hesheit to write another column stating the fact that hesheit got beaten and robbed by a darkie as proof that they are oppressed by white debbils. It's all de crackas falts!

Offline Rivergirl

Proving that the alternate universe is alive and well.
Her opinion of others is disgustingly familiar.

Wingnut

Goes to show you any moron with a pie hole and an opinion can get some press coverage...

Offline goatprairie

Not far from where I live is a chicken processing plant in a small town. Many of the locals (mostly white people) do not wish to work in the plant anymore. The plant work force is now totally dominated by brown people i.e. Mexican-Hispanic Americans who now make up a sizable pct. of the population of that town.
And furthermore, in my relatively small area there are tech jobs, construction jobs, and other jobs. Nobody is fleeing the place in droves. The area population has doubled in the last fifty years.
My area is the definition of middle America, fly-over country that many libs flee for the supposedly cultural wonders of the coasts. They can have them. I like it here just fine (except for the winters) and have no plans to move elsewhere. Especially not near hateful people like the harpy in the article. Good riddance to bad rubbish.

Offline sneakypete

• Twitter is for Twits
Not far from where I live is a chicken processing plant in a small town. Many of the locals (mostly white people) do not wish to work in the plant anymore. The plant work force is now totally dominated by brown people i.e. Mexican-Hispanic Americans who now make up a sizable pct. of the population of that town.

@goatprairie

Let's be honest,here. NOBODY actually WANTS to work at a job in a chicken or other food processing plant,regardless of their skin color or the language they speak. Just like the white people that originally worked there,the His and Her Panics that work there now have dreams of working hard,buying a house,saving money,and sending their children off to trade school or college so their children don't have to work at a meat processing plant,either. Eventually all those jobs are going to be handled by machines with a few highly paid technicians adjusting and fixing the machines.

And nobody will bitch about what the workers are paid or be jealous of them,anymore than anyone is jealous of the money workers in a slaughter house get paid. We all know somebody has to do that sort of work,and most of us are just glad it ain't us.

BTW,back when I was working security at beef processing plants out in Denver in the 70's,Asian refugees from VN,Laos,and Cambodia were moving in and taking over the line jobs from the poor whites,Mexicans,and blacks. Seems like a car load would show up one day and apply for jobs,and within 30 days or so of them being employed,a few dozen more would show up to fill out applications.

Those type of jobs will never be anything more than "1 generation immigrant" jobs that serve as a foothold to the future for people with ambition and dreams of leaving poverty.
« Last Edit: January 09, 2017, 03:34:26 pm by sneakypete »

Offline jpsb

Cali, where this B is from has a D+ or C- rated school system. 10th from last in the USA, and remember the USA school system is not highly rated among Western nations.

Offline goatprairie

My point was brown people are working in formerly all-white areas and are not being rejected. The harpy's point was that white people are not accepting of brown people. In that town and other towns in the midwest white people are perfectly happy at letting Hispanics come in and do those jobs. 
Also not terribly far from where I live is a town in Iowa called Postville. Hasidic Jews run a meat-processing plant there, and most of the workers are eastern European immigrants.
Yes, I'm sure many of the people who work there wish for something better for themselves and their children.  But my point was that the stupid woman in the article believes all white mid-westerners hate everybody who doesn't look like them which couldn't be further from the truth.
The harpy was doing virtue-signaling telling everybody what a wonderful person she is and how her people are superior to people in fly-over country.   In fact in her hateful rant she proved she is lower than people in fly-over country.

Offline mirraflake

Not far from where I live is a chicken processing plant in a small town. Many of the locals (mostly white people) do not wish to work in the plant anymore.

It's not just these plants. A client of mine has  a very large property maintence company  400 employees in 3  states. Grass cutting, snow removal etc. Can't find native Americans who want to do this sort of work even though he starts paying out at $14.00 per hours and benefits.

It's beneath the dignity of young millenials to do this style of work and older Americans who need the job can't do the work-very physical because their bodies are broken -bad knees and backs.

So..he hires Hispanics  (legal) who do the job.

@goatprairie

Offline dfwgator

It's not just these plants. A client of mine has  a very large property maintence company  400 employees in 3  states. Grass cutting, snow removal etc. Can't find native Americans who want to do this sort of work even though he starts paying out at $14.00 per hours and benefits.

It's beneath the dignity of young millenials to do this style of work and older Americans who need the job can't do the work-very physical because their bodies are broken -bad knees and backs.

So..he hires Hispanics  (legal) who do the job.

@goatprairie

Due to the fact that now these jobs are associated with illegals, nobody wants to do those jobs. It became a self-fulfilling prophecy.  Get rid of the stigma of those jobs being associated with illegals and that will change.

Offline mirraflake

Due to the fact that now these jobs are associated with illegals, nobody wants to do those jobs. It became a self-fulfilling prophecy.  Get rid of the stigma of those jobs being associated with illegals and that will change.

He hired Hispanics because the native Americans did not want to do the job..has nothing to  do with illegals. Americans for the last few generations look down upon people who work with their hands.

@dfwgator

Offline sneakypete

• Twitter is for Twits
My point was brown people are working in formerly all-white areas and are not being rejected. The harpy's point was that white people are not accepting of brown people. In that town and other towns in the midwest white people are perfectly happy at letting Hispanics come in and do those jobs. 
Also not terribly far from where I live is a town in Iowa called Postville. Hasidic Jews run a meat-processing plant there, and most of the workers are eastern European immigrants.
Yes, I'm sure many of the people who work there wish for something better for themselves and their children.  But my point was that the stupid woman in the article believes all white mid-westerners hate everybody who doesn't look like them which couldn't be further from the truth.

@goatprairie

All very true. I was just adding to what you wrote,not disputing it.

I will add that there is no real comparison between life in a city and life in a rural area. You can live without fear of physical attack in pretty much any rural area in the country regardless of who you are or what you believe because rural people have a better sense of community,and believe in helping each other when they need help,as well as leaving each other alone when they are minding their own business.

In the big cities it's different. Your neighbors there leave you alone because they don't WANT to get to know you or your family,they have no desire to help you or anyone else,and they just want to be left alone. Mostly from fear because no one in big cities lives next to their neighbors for generations so they have no sense of "community".

If you really and truly want to be left alone,the worse place in the world to move is to a rural community because EVERYBODY there WILL know everything there is to know about you in a short period of time. They even "know" stuff about you that isn't true.

As long as they deem you to be harmless,they will pretty much leave you alone,but you ain't going to last long if they think you are dangerous. You can be eccentric all you want and most will just think you are amusing,but "crazy" or "threatening" is a whole different ball game. That's why you almost never run into crazy people in rural areas. They tend to have mysterious hunting,boating,or farming "accidents" when they are teenagers and just getting started on the path to violence. Most of them are smart enough to realize this,so they move to a big city as soon as they get old enough to make it on their own. You can get away with being crazy in a big city because nobody wants to know anybody,but in a rural area you stand out like a speed bump. Sometimes you can even end up BEING a speed bump if you're not careful.

And none of it has a damn thing to do with race,religion,or ethnic origin. It's all about individuals and their threat to the community at large.

BTW,my family came from a VERY tiny coastal fishing community where everybody not only knew everybody else,but had known each other's families for generations. One day in 1912 some local commercial fisherman found a Portuguese man  walking on the beach. They didn't know if he was Portuguese or Martian at the time,but since there were no roads or communities other than theirs within miles,that meant he had to have swam ashore from a boat because there were no signs of a shipwreck. Since he didn't speak more than a word or two of English and these Irish/Scots descendants didn't speak any "furrin",they really didn't know how come him to be on the beach. They did know this dark-skinned (he was almost dark red) man needed to get some warm dry clothes on and that he needed something to eat. He also needed to feed himself,so it wasn't long before he was part of a fishing crew. Something not exactly foreign to a Portuguese sailor. By luck,he came ashore exactly where he needed to be.

As time passed he learned understandabe English,and everybody knew he had jumped ship and swam ashore because he wanted to be an American. He lived right there for another 60 or so years,and even fathered a couple of children,and in all that time nobody tried to get him deported despite every single one of them from the toddlers to the grandparents knowing he got here by jumping ship and swimming ashore. I don't know how they did it,but somehow someone managed to get him citizenship papers so he paid in SS and taxes. He even ended up buying some land and people helped him build the house he lived in for the rest of his life.  Everybody always called him "Hap" because he seemed to be happy all the time. I can't remember a time in my childhood when I DIDN'T know Hap.
The harpy was doing virtue-signaling telling everybody what a wonderful person she is and how her people are superior to people in fly-over country.   In fact in her hateful rant she proved she is lower than people in fly-over country.

She's just an attention whore,and not even a very smart one.
« Last Edit: January 09, 2017, 04:44:17 pm by sneakypete »

Online mountaineer

That time liberals decided they weren’t condescending enough
By: Steve Deace | January 09, 2017
Conservative Review

Proving once more they’ve learned all the wrong lessons from the 2016 election, it appears some on the Left unbelievably feel as if the reason they got spanked by a reality TV star is because they weren’t condescending enough.

Meet Melinda Byerly, CEO of a marketing and advertising consulting firm in San Francisco. Also meet Derrick Keith Rollins Jr., the vocalist and songwriter for the act “Reverend Doctor,” as well as owner and operator of Autumn Note Productions in Minneapolis.

While professing themselves to be wise, they are utter fools.

Byerly, who is white, found her way into the social media magnifying glass this weekend by beginning a lecture to middle America with this sentence: “One thing (you) could do is realize that no educated person wants to live in a (crap)hole with stupid people.”

Well, gee, Melinda, let me pull up a chair and see what else you have to say, because I’m already getting a brilliant empathy vibe out of you. You simply reek of tolerance.

She goes on to say that corporations like hers will only want to bring jobs to flyover country if it does things like “elect a progressive city council and commit to not being bigots.” Because there are many progressives, she says, who would enjoy a less urban lifestyle but are deterred by native riff raff who “are still voting for things that are against their own interests just because they don’t want brown people to thrive.”

No, dear, not brown people. Just you. You and your pathological need to claim reverence for diversity, while simultaneously (and ironically) demanding that everyone think and act exactly like you. That’s what crazy people do. But I repeat myself.

Furthermore, the entire economic premise of your diatribe is relentlessly without merit. Byerly’s Leftist utopia out there in the Bay Area is approaching record poverty levels despite Comrade Obama’s “recovery.” Meanwhile, Texas, one of Byerly’s pretend Middle American hellholes, has become the top destination for people moving from other states. With ex-Californians leading the way to the Lone Star State.   ...
Read the rest.
Support Israel's emergency medical service. afmda.org

Offline dfwgator

Trump is flushing them out.