Author Topic: Warren: No confirmation hearings until ethics concerns addressed  (Read 2777 times)

HonestJohn

Re: Warren: No confirmation hearings until ethics concerns addressed
« Reply #25 on: January 09, 2017, 09:33:03 pm »
Well apparently Fox was asleep at the switch (other than Glenn Beck) when Obama appointed Van Jones, a communist, as "special advisor". 

Perhaps Trump should just appoint special advisors too.....if the rats refuse to go forward with his nominations.  Fair is fair.

You are conflating the issue.  What I responded to was whether the ethics office had received the nominees information and vetted them.  The vetting process is not a judge of political temperament, but a check to see if there are conflicts of interest.

Why are you thinking that this office is supposed to act to prevent anyone with political opinions that you do not agree with... from making it to the Senate confirmation hearings?

---

What is happening now is that the most basic of vetting, to see if the nominees have a conflict of interest, is being run over by Congress.  I suspect they know that a good deal of Trump's choices *DO* have conflicts of interest... and they are hoping to vote on them before anyone can find out.

In other words, a bum-rush.

Offline txradioguy

• Propaganda NCOIC
  • Cat Mod
  • Rule #39
« Reply #26 on: January 09, 2017, 09:45:09 pm »
Umm Senator...with all due respect...your party doesn have control of the Senate...you don't get to dictate when the hearings will take place.
The libs/dems of today are the Quislings of former years. The cowards who would vote a fraud into office in exchange for handouts from the devil.

Here lies in honored glory an American soldier, known but to God

THE ESTABLISHMENT IS THE PROBLEM...NOT THE SOLUTION

Republicans Don't Need A Back Bench...They Need a BACKBONE!

Offline IsailedawayfromFR

« Reply #27 on: January 09, 2017, 11:21:56 pm »
The games progressives play grow tiresome.

But she has the MSM megaphone.  Only one that will have it better is McCain, if he chooses to say something that lines up with the libs.
No punishment, in my opinion, is too great, for the man who can build his greatness upon his country's ruin~  George Washington

Offline Just_Victor

« Reply #28 on: January 09, 2017, 11:25:31 pm »

Isn't vetting the nominees (ethics, etc.) the purpose of the hearings?
If all I want is a warm feeling, I should just wet my pants.

Offline Hondo69

• The more I know the less I understand
« Reply #29 on: January 09, 2017, 11:28:11 pm »

Online Cyber Liberty

• Coffee! Donuts! Kittens!
  • Administrator
  • 🌵🌵🌵
« Reply #30 on: January 10, 2017, 12:34:02 am »
But she has the MSM megaphone.  Only one that will have it better is McCain, if he chooses to say something that lines up with the libs.

There is a "bipartisan" bill being pushed in the Senate to slam sanctions on Russia RIGHT NOW RIGHT AWAY, before the facts are known.  Care to guess how many Republicans are part of it, and who they are?

http://www.wsj.com/articles/two-senate-republicans-to-seek-added-sanctions-on-russia-over-hacking-1483894255
For unvaccinated, we are looking at a winter of severe illness and death — if you’re unvaccinated — for themselves, their families, and the hospitals they’ll soon overwhelm. Sloe Joe Biteme 12/16
I will NOT comply.

Castillo del Cyber Autonomous Zone ~~~~~>                          :dontfeed:

Offline Sanguine

• Ex-member
« Reply #31 on: January 10, 2017, 12:39:39 am »
There is a "bipartisan" bill being pushed in the Senate to slam sanctions on Russia RIGHT NOW RIGHT AWAY, before the facts are known.  Care to guess how many Republicans are part of it, and who they are?

http://www.wsj.com/articles/two-senate-republicans-to-seek-added-sanctions-on-russia-over-hacking-1483894255

Ooh, ooh, I know, I know!
:raise hand:

Online Cyber Liberty

• Coffee! Donuts! Kittens!
  • Administrator
  • 🌵🌵🌵
« Reply #32 on: January 10, 2017, 12:45:25 am »
Ooh, ooh, I know, I know!
:raise hand:

I'm surprised.  He didn't even wait until the Republican was inaugurated this time....
For unvaccinated, we are looking at a winter of severe illness and death — if you’re unvaccinated — for themselves, their families, and the hospitals they’ll soon overwhelm. Sloe Joe Biteme 12/16
I will NOT comply.

Castillo del Cyber Autonomous Zone ~~~~~>                          :dontfeed:

Offline Weird Tolkienish Figure

• Technical
« Reply #33 on: January 10, 2017, 10:06:52 am »
Bitch who lied about her ethnicity to get into prestigious school .....   preaches to us about ethics.

Now that's rich.... :silly:

Yep, exactly.