Author Topic: Rep. Lou Barletta Introduces Bill to Defund Sanctuary Cities  (Read 580 times)

rangerrebew

Rep. Lou Barletta Introduces Bill to Defund Sanctuary Cities
« on: January 06, 2017, 03:44:31 pm »
Rep. Lou Barletta Introduces Bill to Defund Sanctuary Cities

Published: 
Fri, Jan 6th 2017 @ 9:43 am EST

Yesterday Rep. Lou Barletta (R-Penn.) introduced the Mobilizing Against Sanctuary Cities Act, H.R. 83, which would stop any federal funding to any jurisdictions who refuse to work with federal immigration officials. This is the third time Rep. Barletta has introduced this bill.

The Mobilizing Against Sanctuary Cities Act would stop federal funding for a minimum of one year to any state or local government which has a policy or law preventing local authorities from assisting immigration authorities from enforcing federal immigration law. The bill also requires the attorney general to create a list every year of any cities and jurisdictions that have sanctuary policies. The state or jurisdiction would only begin receiving federal funding again once the attorney general confirms that its laws and policies are in compliance with federal immigration statutes.

“One of the principal duties of the government is to protect its citizens, and the idea of sanctuary cities runs completely counter to that responsibility,” Barletta said. “Too many mayors and local governments think that they are above federal law and place their own ideology ahead of the safety of their residents. This bill will stop that practice by saying to these sanctuary cities, ‘If you refuse to cooperate with federal immigration enforcement, you will lose your federal funding.’”

https://www.numbersusa.com/news/rep-lou-barletta-introduces-bill-defund-sanctuary-cities
« Last Edit: January 06, 2017, 03:45:31 pm by rangerrebew »

Offline Bigun

• Resistance to Tyrants is Obedience to God
    • The FairTax Plan
Re: Rep. Lou Barletta Introduces Bill to Defund Sanctuary Cities
« Reply #1 on: January 06, 2017, 05:17:48 pm »
Excellent! 
"I wish it need not have happened in my time," said Frodo.

"So do I," said Gandalf, "and so do all who live to see such times. But that is not for them to decide. All we have to decide is what to do with the time that is given us."
- J. R. R. Tolkien

Offline Hondo69

• The more I know the less I understand
« Reply #2 on: January 06, 2017, 09:56:01 pm »
I'll do you one better: Any city or state official who breaks the law will go to a special prison we're building in the Arizona desert.  Right now it just consists of 4 rocks outlining the boundaries, the new inmates can fill in the rest.

Offline Smokin Joe

• I was a "conspiracy theorist". Now I'm just right.
« Reply #3 on: January 07, 2017, 08:59:30 am »
I like it!
How God must weep at humans' folly! Stand fast! God knows what he is doing!
Seventeen Techniques for Truth Suppression

Of all tyrannies, a tyranny sincerely exercised for the good of its victims may be the most oppressive. It would be better to live under robber barons than under omnipotent moral busybodies. The robber baron's cruelty may sometimes sleep, his cupidity may at some point be satiated; but those who torment us for our own good will torment us without end for they do so with the approval of their own conscience.

C S Lewis