Author Topic: Trump Fires All Obama Politically Appointed Ambassadors Effective Inauguration Day  (Read 2883 times)

geronl

Imagine a country without ambassadors. lol.

What a maroon.

Offline Maj. Bill Martin

• I'll make Mincemeat out of 'em"
Being realistic, most will NOT go. The POTUS has only a limited number of "political" appointments to the top positions in the various departments, but the rest down the line are considered "career" positions.

And the career people wield power, like it or not.

Well, all the Secretaries, Deputy Secretaries, Under Secretaries, and Assistant Secretaries are political appointees who require confirmation.  Then there are the heads of the independent agencies such as the EPA.  There also are more than 1000 Schedule C appointees that are basically hired by those political appointees, and who do not require confirmation.

Presidential appointees can have a huge effect on how all those Departments and agencies actually do their job.  {That is incredibly obvious with things like the National Labor Relations Board, EEOC, OSHA, etc.., just in my personal experience.  The enforcement guidelines, interpretive guidance, etc., are absolutely critical factors.
« Last Edit: January 06, 2017, 07:36:49 pm by Maj. Bill Martin »

Offline libertybele

Obama did the same thing in 2008 and no one thought he was the best thing since sliced bread.  They all do that, they got political connections to award.

Exactly. Because its a directive by Trump the MSM is all over this like flies on doo-doo.
Romans 12:16-21

Live in harmony with one another; do not be haughty, but associate with the lowly, do not claim to be wiser than you are.  Do not repay anyone evil for evil, but take thought for what is noble in the sight of all.  If it is possible, so far as it depends on you, live peaceably with all…do not be overcome by evil, but overcome evil with good.

Offline LateForLunch

• GOTWALMA Get Out of the Way and Leave Me Alone! (Nods to Teebone)
Exactly. Because its a directive by Trump the MSM is all over this like flies on doo-doo.

Excellent point!! The left is all about selective outrage and enforcing double standards as if they are the most normal things  in the world (PTUI)!

That's all the far left has left - to posture and pump out attitude 'cause other than that, they know that they have nothing. Thank, God!

The Eightball and every nasty, immoral venal thing he and his party stand for are at long last, about to be sunk in the corner pocket.

Hopefully the nation's electorate has learned a lesson about voting with their feelings instead of their ability to reason.
« Last Edit: January 06, 2017, 06:56:50 pm by LateForLunch »
GOTWALMA Get out of the way and leave me alone! (Nods to General Teebone)

HonestJohn

I'd go as far as to say they ARE the power.

Is that not the case for *EVERY* organization, private or public?  Is not the management in *EVERY* company those that truly have the power?

HonestJohn

And it was the same in 2008 (from right-leaning media).  And we hated Barry for it.

Your hypocrisy is showing.
« Last Edit: January 06, 2017, 07:26:42 pm by HonestJohn »

Offline truth_seeker

• Common Sense Results Oriented Conservative Veteran
And it was the same in 2008 (from right-leaning media).  And we hated Barry for it.

Your hypocrisy is showing.

It needs to be repeated that you take the liberal position on almost every issue.

Stating "we hated Barry for it," implies that you speak for conservatives, which is hardly the case.

If Barry did what others before him have done, it simply "is," and nobody "hates" anybody.

Then you label fellow members with "hypocrisy," making it appear you are not conservative, and don't like conservatives.

"God must love the common man, he made so many of them.�  Abe Lincoln

HonestJohn

It needs to be repeated that you take the liberal position on almost every issue.

Stating "we hated Barry for it," implies that you speak for conservatives, which is hardly the case.

If Barry did what others before him have done, it simply "is," and nobody "hates" anybody.

Then you label fellow members with "hypocrisy," making it appear you are not conservative, and don't like conservatives.

Maybe you never actually been all that conservative... but instead, simply one who wants wholesale liberalism but only for you and yours.

I lean about 1/3 to the right and 1/2 down on the libertarian side.  I find that the biggest polarizing factor to me is the authoritarian/libertarian axis, not the right-left one.  The more control over another a person wants, the more I despise them.

And you come across as a goose-stepping little <bleep>, heaping abuse (and during the primaries, much worse) to anyone not licking your little god's shoes.

Offline Bigun

• Resistance to Tyrants is Obedience to God
    • The FairTax Plan
I'd go as far as to say they ARE the power.

I would absolutely agree with you!  "Harumpf!  I'll be here LONG after you are gone Mr. Congressman" is a refrain too often heard inside the Washington beltway!

"I wish it need not have happened in my time," said Frodo.

"So do I," said Gandalf, "and so do all who live to see such times. But that is not for them to decide. All we have to decide is what to do with the time that is given us."
- J. R. R. Tolkien

Offline truth_seeker

Maybe you never actually been all that conservative... but instead, simply one who wants wholesale liberalism but only for you and yours.

I lean about 1/3 to the right and 1/2 down on the libertarian side.  I find that the biggest polarizing factor to me is the authoritarian/libertarian axis, not the right-left one.  The more control over another a person wants, the more I despise them.

And you come across as a goose-stepping little <bleep>, heaping abuse (and during the primaries, much worse) to anyone not licking your little god's shoes.

Wow. So angry. So totally infused with the Nazi name-calling still. So lacking in originality.

FYI when I have taken the questionnaires for that chart multiple times, I consistently fall half-way between Thatcher and Friedman on YOUR version.

I stand slightly above the line on the Fascism-Anarchism axis, not to the level of Thatcher's "Fascism." Thatcher is great company, as she was highly admired by Ronald Reagan.

Reagan "authoritatively" stood up to student protesters, striking air traffic controllers, and Soviet Union communists.

In closing, I'm as happy as can be to come right in the same area as President Ronald Reagan.

I will be doing my "goosestepping" along with Reagan and Thatcher, in the upper right quadrant.

« Last Edit: January 06, 2017, 10:05:57 pm by truth_seeker »

Offline truth_seeker

And with Sir. Winston Churchill

Offline Chosen Daughter

• For there is no respect of persons with God. Romans 10:12-13
  • Ephesians 6:13 Stand Firm in the face of evil
Wow. That must really be encouraging to the far left. I guess everyone who said that DJT was going to swerve hard left the minute he took office were correct. After all how better to serve the needs of the far left than to fire virtually everyone in the government who is an advocate for far leftist policies?

We are way outside of any political spectrum.  Neither left or right just Trump.  I don't know about this.  My mind says I wouldn't trust any Obama administration Ambassadors either.  But the way he is doing it seems concerning.
AG William Barr: "I'm recused from that matter because one of the law firms that represented Epstein long ago was a firm that I subsequently joined for a period of time."

Alexander Acosta Labor Secretary resigned under pressure concerning his "sweetheart deal" with Jeffrey Epstein.  He was under consideration for AG after Sessions was removed, but was forced to resign instead.

Offline Smokin Joe

• I was a "conspiracy theorist". Now I'm just right.
Well, good. That's a couple of teaspoons out of the swamp. Now, how about Obama appointed Judges?
How God must weep at humans' folly! Stand fast! God knows what he is doing!
Seventeen Techniques for Truth Suppression

Of all tyrannies, a tyranny sincerely exercised for the good of its victims may be the most oppressive. It would be better to live under robber barons than under omnipotent moral busybodies. The robber baron's cruelty may sometimes sleep, his cupidity may at some point be satiated; but those who torment us for our own good will torment us without end for they do so with the approval of their own conscience.

C S Lewis