Author Topic: Minot AFB Investigate B52 Engine Incident  (Read 502 times)

Online corbe

Minot AFB Investigate B52 Engine Incident
« on: January 06, 2017, 02:33:38 am »
Minot AFB Investigate B52 Engine Incident

Jim Olson 
By Jim Olson | jolson@kxmcnews.com

Published 01/05 2017 06:13PM
Updated 01/05 2017 07:40PM

Upham, ND

An engine from a Minot-based B52 bomber dropped into a river bed at the Clark Salyer National Wildlife Refuge Wednesday afternoon.

A local man in Upham says he saw several helicopters flying around the area that day, as if they were looking for something.

(Christianson) "I wasn't sure what was going on, but seemed awful strange that with the wildlife stressed the way they are that there would be helicopters flying over and over the refuge."

<..snip..>

http://www.myndnow.com/news/minot-news/minot-afb-investigate-b52-engine-incident/636433246
No government in the 12,000 years of modern mankind history has led its people into anything but the history books with a simple lesson, don't let this happen to you.

Online corbe

Re: Minot AFB Investigate B52 Engine Incident
« Reply #1 on: January 06, 2017, 02:36:17 am »
   The BUFF is aging faster than we are.
   Serviced Model 'D' in 70, 71 and the pilots were younger than the airframe, even then.
No government in the 12,000 years of modern mankind history has led its people into anything but the history books with a simple lesson, don't let this happen to you.

Offline driftdiver

• I could eat it raw but why when I have fire
« Reply #2 on: January 06, 2017, 03:05:20 am »
It's a very good airframe and is not the same plane that flew 50 yrs ago.   Arent these engines designed to fall off when they suffer certain  catastrophic failures.
Fools mock, tongues wag, babies cry and goats bleat.

Online corbe

« Reply #3 on: January 06, 2017, 03:34:32 am »
It's a very good airframe and is not the same plane that flew 50 yrs ago.  Arent these engines designed to fall off when they suffer certain  catastrophic failures.
   That may be true but I've never heard that.
   There are 4 PODS, 2 engines per pod, I would think you'd lose 2 engines not 1, at a time. Yes Everything on that plane has been updated except the air frame and the 8 track player.