Author Topic: Trump is having a tweet meltdown about the intelligence report he’s getting tomorrow  (Read 7660 times)

Offline Mod2

The personal attacks seem to be brewing and aren't welcome.   22222frying pan
No, they're not. Settle down, everyone, or face the flying frying pan of fate (or of the mods).

Offline libertybele

Trump is totally in the right here. Why does NBC have this thing and not next weeks President? I have absolutely no faith in the current intelligence community. They are headed and staffed with Leftist political hacks with terrible histories.

Speaking of NBC, you watch, Megyn Kelly is going to be Trump's biggest critic and the shining star for the left.
Romans 12:16-21

Live in harmony with one another; do not be haughty, but associate with the lowly, do not claim to be wiser than you are.  Do not repay anyone evil for evil, but take thought for what is noble in the sight of all.  If it is possible, so far as it depends on you, live peaceably with all…do not be overcome by evil, but overcome evil with good.

Offline Cripplecreek

• Constitutional Extremist
And here is very pro Trump guy Joe Walsh still speaking truths that gives Trumpers a rash.

Offline HoustonSam

• "That'll be the day......"
  • old times there are not forgotten
Trump is totally in the right here. Why does NBC have this thing and not next weeks President? I have absolutely no faith in the current intelligence community. They are headed and staffed with Leftist political hacks with terrible histories.

I think the best premise is that *any* agency of the Obama administration has been politicized.  And if NBC has the report before the incoming admin that's pretty damning evidence of the politicization.

But Trump's criticism of US Intel precedes Obama, extending back to the W administration.  His criticism is self-serving and merely his own attempt to construct a "narrative" without regard to facts, no different from the Obama admin's attempts to do the same.  He is doing long-term harm to the country and needs to shut up at least until he's been briefed.  If the evidence of Russian "hacking" is weak then he can take whatever action he deems appropriate.
James 1:20

Offline Weird Tolkienish Figure

• Technical
I realize that. I only meant that perhaps Trump will let him handle a lot of things, unofficially or not. Most VPs do nothing.

Or he's there to let Trump know that the GOP would have no problem impeaching his dumb ass as they have one of their own right in back to fall into place.

debrawiest

Looks like Toyota told him to get in the wind.

I sure hope they did.

Offline GrouchoTex

Yeah. We'll just have to get used to this stuff I guess.  :shrug:

DCP is just fine with this kind of idiocy though. I need to "pick a side" which means pretend I'm ok with this crap?

Anyway I'm resigned to the fact that Trump will literally be a national embarrassment for the next four years, btw, way worse than Obama was.

At least he picked a good cabinet.

With these types of tweets, it appears that Trump has created a new cabinet level position.
He has also agreed to head it up, in spite of being elected POTUS!

The new cabinet position?...

Department of Homeland InSecurity.

Offline Maj. Bill Martin

• I'll make Mincemeat out of 'em"

Yeah, this is actually kind of fun to watch.  Trump is claiming that the intelligence is politically motivated, the intelligence agencies deny that, then Trump asks why is it being leaked if not for politics?  It's one of those weird arguments that may be wrong, but somewhat unanswerable. 

Trump's got sort of a low animal cunning that make these kind of battles very entertaining.

Offline Cripplecreek

Irony defined. Wikileaks complaining about leaks. :silly:

Offline Bigun

• Resistance to Tyrants is Obedience to God
    • The FairTax Plan
Yeah, this is actually kind of fun to watch.  Trump is claiming that the intelligence is politically motivated, the intelligence agencies deny that, then Trump asks why is it being leaked if not for politics?  It's one of those weird arguments that may be wrong, but somewhat unanswerable. 

Trump's got sort of a low animal cunning that make these kind of battles very entertaining.

I can tell you from sad personal experience that there is NOTHING in our federal government that has not been thoroughly politicized!  Not one thing!
"I wish it need not have happened in my time," said Frodo.

"So do I," said Gandalf, "and so do all who live to see such times. But that is not for them to decide. All we have to decide is what to do with the time that is given us."
- J. R. R. Tolkien

Offline Mesaclone

This is very well said.

The tweet thing is way overanalyzed. Its really simple...we have a media that shades and colors everything through a deeply left wing tint. Tweets from Trump are ONE way he circumvents that monopoly on information, and he is wise to use it. Now, I'm not saying he doesn't get petty and foolish at times...but mostly, he is crazy like a fox with it.

Further, he understands his audience better than just about ANYONE in politics or media. Its rarely pretty, and we all wince at some of the crap he puts out, but it consistently cuts through the media information blockade to reach people in their homes...and usually does so with some pithy humor and common language...something other conservatives have grandly failed at doing since Ronald Reagan.

As for being skeptical of the Intelligence agency leadership...he'd be an idiot if he WASN'T skeptical...but that is no criticism whatsoever of the rank and file "gathering" guys (which is the false perception the media and left are seeking to put forward).
« Last Edit: January 06, 2017, 05:30:27 pm by Mesaclone »
We have the best government that money can buy. Mark Twain

Offline Rivergirl

Doesn't matter.  Every tantrum is met with accolades from the Faux Newsers.
« Last Edit: January 06, 2017, 05:41:51 pm by Rivergirl »

Offline Maj. Bill Martin

• I'll make Mincemeat out of 'em"
This is very well said.

The tweet thing is way overanalyzed. Its really simple...we have a media that shades and colors everything through a deeply left wing tint. Tweets from Trump are ONE way he circumvents that monopoly on information, and he is wise to use it. Now, I'm not saying he doesn't get petty and foolish at times...but mostly, he is crazy like a fox with it.

Further, he understands his audience better than just about ANYONE in politics or media. Its rarely pretty, and we all wince at some of the crap he puts out, but it consistently cuts through the media information blockade to reach people in their homes...and usually does so with some pithy humor and common language...something other conservatives have grandly failed at doing since Ronald Reagan.

As for being skeptical of the Intelligence agency leadership...he'd be an idiot if he WASN'T skeptical...but that is no criticism whatsoever of the rank and file "gathering" guys (which is the false perception the media and left are seeking to put forward).

Exactly.

I think it all goes back to a form of political correctness.  Lots of ordinary people have their own suspicions/thoughts that they don't normally mention, then Trump tweets something, and those people think "yeah, I was wondering about that exact same thing!"

I do believe that the intelligence probably shows the Russians were behind it.  But while I don't think the intelligence itself is politicized, I think the way it has been presented/used by the Administration is extremely politicized, and during the lame-duck period when there isn't even a good excuse to politicize anything.  The story of the Russian/WikiLeaks "hack" is almost six months old at this point, yet the CIA and Administration keep presenting this as something new that is deserving of intense scrutiny.  Why is that, if not because of an attempt to delegitimize the election?  And predictably, you have committed anti-Trumpers like McCain more than willing to do whatever possible to kneecap his Administration before it even takes office.

The whole thing just stinks.
« Last Edit: January 06, 2017, 05:47:17 pm by Maj. Bill Martin »

Silver Pines

The soon-to-be president of the United States, ladies and gentlemen!

Donald J. Trump ‏@realDonaldTrump  6h6 hours ago
Wow, the ratings are in and Arnold Schwarzenegger got "swamped" (or destroyed) by comparison to the ratings machine, DJT. So much for....

Donald J. Trump ‏@realDonaldTrump  5h5 hours ago
being a movie star-and that was season 1 compared to season 14. Now compare him to my season 1. But who cares, he supported Kasich & Hillary

Ben Shapiro ‏@benshapiro  1h1 hour ago
Ben Shapiro Retweeted Donald J. Trump
If winning the presidency can't assuage your insecurities, perhaps that's a hole that just can't be filled.

Offline Bigun

• The FairTax Plan
The soon-to-be president of the United States, ladies and gentlemen!

Donald J. Trump ‏@realDonaldTrump  6h6 hours ago
Wow, the ratings are in and Arnold Schwarzenegger got "swamped" (or destroyed) by comparison to the ratings machine, DJT. So much for....

Donald J. Trump ‏@realDonaldTrump  5h5 hours ago
being a movie star-and that was season 1 compared to season 14. Now compare him to my season 1. But who cares, he supported Kasich & Hillary

Ben Shapiro ‏@benshapiro  1h1 hour ago
Ben Shapiro Retweeted Donald J. Trump
If winning the presidency can't assuage your insecurities, perhaps that's a hole that just can't be filled.

@CatherineofAragon

And they wonder why some of us still harbor doubts about what he will actually do!

"So do I," said Gandalf, "and so do all who live to see such times. But that is not for them to decide. All we have to decide is what to do with the time that is given us."
- J. R. R. Tolkien

geronl

But mommy, I don't like peas!

Offline goatprairie

Pretty much my attitude, too. As of Jan. 20, he's the president and there's not a whole lot we can do about it but hope those good people in his administration do the right thing for the country. Pray for Mike Pence!
Ditto. I think Trump is in way over his head, but he does appear to have competent people around him.  Here's hoping he's listening to them. That's going to be the big question because Trump, like Obama, thinks he knows it all.

Silver Pines

@CatherineofAragon

And they wonder why some of us still harbor doubts about what he will actually do!

@Bigun

Trump needs a verbal shake....someone needs to take him aside and tell him some harsh truths about himself. 

Offline Bigun

• The FairTax Plan
@Bigun

Trump needs a verbal shake....someone needs to take him aside and tell him some harsh truths about himself.

@CatherineofAragon

I agree! I volunteer you for the job!  :smokin:

- J. R. R. Tolkien

Offline Frank Cannon

And here is very pro Trump guy Joe Walsh still speaking truths that gives Trumpers a rash.

Joe Walsh is a professional idiot and 1 term Rep that no one liked. He doesn't know anything.

BTW, he has an ax to grind against Donny. He went off on him last month over some stupid shit....but feel free to pimp this loser.

Offline Frank Cannon

@Bigun

Really? The guy that's going to be President next week by beating one of the biggest political machines in history needs a talking too?

That's like pulling Joe Nemeth off the field in the '69 Super Bowl and telling him he looks bad in fur coats.

HonestJohn

Trump's whole argument is a complete snow job.

Leaked intel does not mean the intel is politically motivated.  It means the leaker is politically motivated.  And the information leaked is most likely coming from the White House (aka: Barry's team).  That means the intelligence agencies aren't leaking the information, and thus; the claim that the intel agencies are politicizing their intel is false.

But this is something Trump cannot comprehend.

It's beyond his ken.

Offline Cripplecreek

Joe Walsh is a professional idiot and 1 term Rep that no one liked. He doesn't know anything.

BTW, he has an ax to grind against Donny. He went off on him last month over some stupid shit....but feel free to pimp this loser.

Walsh is a Trump supporter who said that he would be ready to take up a musket if Trump didn't win. The only difference between he and yourself is that he isn't too much of a coward to call out Orange Glorious.

Offline Emjay

• Womp, womp

I pick the side of good governance and liberty. I'm a good Trump bad Trump guy. Get used to it.

I have both praised and criticized Trump and will continue to do so.

Yep!  I'm there with you.

I think it is exceptionally super great of me to be willing to praise Trump if he does something I like or that I think is in the best interest of the Country.

There is so much corruption in the government now after 8 years of the disaster that was Obama.  Obama is now showing his Clinton side with his frantic cling to the little power he has left.  I despise that man so much and his little wife too.  Although, she's hardly little.

Anyway, there is one good thing about Trump... he somehow managed to get Hillary out of DC and,  maybe into New York politics...

My main hope is boredom that's sure to set in after the inauguration ceremonies.  Let's stop complaining about Trump living in New York.  He and Hillary can have it and maybe Pence can be a decent substitute president.
Against stupidity, the Gods themselves contend in vain.

Offline Emjay

• Womp, womp
Really? The guy that's going to be President next week by beating one of the biggest political machines in history needs a talking too?

That's like pulling Joe Nemeth off the field in the '69 Super Bowl and telling him he looks bad in fur coats.

Haha.  Broadway Joe did NOT look bad in the fur ... it suited him.

I do take exception about giving Trump FULL credit for the win.  Most of it goes to Hillary.
Against stupidity, the Gods themselves contend in vain.