Author Topic: Ted Cruz: Trump Is Filling His Cabinet With Conservative ‘All-Stars’ [AUDIO]  (Read 4142 times)

Offline Right_in_Virginia

Has Trump apologized PUBLICALLY for anything that transpired in that filthy campaign?
   Not saying he didn't, just that if it did occur - I missed it.

Move the hell on @corbe   

No one, including Ted Cruz, any longer cares about your wounds from the primaries. 

Offline corbe

No government in the 12,000 years of modern mankind history has led its people into anything but the history books with a simple lesson, don't let this happen to you.

Offline Right_in_Virginia

Offline Formerly Once-Ler

Yeah, conservative all-stars like an oil baron with huge ties to Russia as SoS, and the CEO of a fast-food chain that pays the vast majority of its employees minimum wage as Labor Secretary.

There's some good picks in there, but some of them are absolutely terrible and corrupt choices.

First off it it is a Washington tradition for Big Oil and Goldman Sachs to get a seat at the swamp.  That's just the way it is even with an outsider like Trump

and as far as exploiting poorly educated workers...Trump loves the poorly educated.  Trump knows the full scale of corruption in DC because he was one of the corruptors.  So who could be better to look out for the little guy than the people who have been exploiting them for decades.

If you were smart like Trump, you'd understand this...and also the wall.

Offline Lando Lincoln

Move the hell on @corbe   

No one, including Ted Cruz, any longer cares about your wounds from the primaries.

Just based on about 6 or 7 posts right here on this thread, I'm not convinced this is true. 
There are some among us who live in rooms of experience we can never enter.
John Steinbeck

Offline Frank Cannon

@Frank Cannon

Donald J. Trump
February 15, 2016 ·

RESPONSE TO THE LIES OF SENATOR CRUZ:
Ted Cruz is a totally unstable individual. He is the single biggest liar I’ve ever come across, in politics or otherwise, and I have seen some of the best of them. His statements are totally untrue and completely outrageous. It is hard to believe a person who proclaims to be a Christian could be so dishonest and lie so much.

Looks like Trump is filling his cabinet with Communists.

I'm having trouble assimilating to the Trump Train. Last week RIV and DC told me Teds a lying creep. Now he is THE authority on things. I gotta get this figured out.

Offline Chosen Daughter

• For there is no respect of persons with God. Romans 10:12-13
  • Ephesians 6:13 Stand Firm in the face of evil
I'm having trouble assimilating to the Trump Train. Last week RIV and DC told me Teds a lying creep. Now he is THE authority on things. I gotta get this figured out.

Me too.  Hard time figuring it out.  Trump likes Schumer, then he hates him.  He's loved him before.  Trump is a bad judge of character.  He heaped praise on both Hillary and Obama and then they were bad.  Trump isn't impressive in any way but he is our elect.  I will give praise if he deports illegals and creates jobs for Americans.  Hard to believe though when he hires them.  Both him and Ivanka.
AG William Barr: "I'm recused from that matter because one of the law firms that represented Epstein long ago was a firm that I subsequently joined for a period of time."

Alexander Acosta Labor Secretary resigned under pressure concerning his "sweetheart deal" with Jeffrey Epstein.  He was under consideration for AG after Sessions was removed, but was forced to resign instead.

Offline Bigun

• Resistance to Tyrants is Obedience to God
    • The FairTax Plan
Is it possible that the Trump brigade might stop bashing anything and everything Ted now?

Just wondering?
"I wish it need not have happened in my time," said Frodo.

"So do I," said Gandalf, "and so do all who live to see such times. But that is not for them to decide. All we have to decide is what to do with the time that is given us."
- J. R. R. Tolkien

Offline Bigun

• The FairTax Plan

You can stop trying to figure it out Frank!  There is nothing to figure out.

"So do I," said Gandalf, "and so do all who live to see such times. But that is not for them to decide. All we have to decide is what to do with the time that is given us."
- J. R. R. Tolkien

Offline Bigun

• The FairTax Plan
Just based on about 6 or 7 posts right here on this thread, I'm not convinced this is true.

I'd say you are pretty darned astute!

- J. R. R. Tolkien

Offline DCPatriot

• "...and the winning number is...not yours!
Good grief D.C...I was pulling your chain buddy.   :silly:

Hmmm....well, I've gone back you looked and read your post again.

....couldn't tell, my FRiend.    :laugh:
"It aint what you don't know that kills you.  It's what you know that aint so!" ...Theodore Sturgeon

"Journalism is about covering the news.  With a pillow.  Until it stops moving."    - David Burge (Iowahawk)

"It was only a sunny smile, and little it cost in the giving, but like morning light it scattered the night and made the day worth living" F. Scott Fitzgerald

Offline DCPatriot

You, too, must be confusing me with somebody else.   I did no such thing.    :patriot:
"It aint what you don't know that kills you.  It's what you know that aint so!" ...Theodore Sturgeon

"Journalism is about covering the news.  With a pillow.  Until it stops moving."    - David Burge (Iowahawk)

"It was only a sunny smile, and little it cost in the giving, but like morning light it scattered the night and made the day worth living" F. Scott Fitzgerald

Offline corbe

You, too, must be confusing me with somebody else.   I did no such thing.    :patriot:

I fell into that trap too this week @Frank Cannon , it's @TomSea that craps all over Ted and runs for cover.
No government in the 12,000 years of modern mankind history has led its people into anything but the history books with a simple lesson, don't let this happen to you.

Offline Frank Cannon

You can stop trying to figure it out Frank!  There is nothing to figure out.

I've decided I'm going Low-Info. I always admired those bastards. Spending all day wondering about Kim Kardashians divorce. Worrying if my vote on Dancing With The Stars was counted or if there was corruption. Daydreaming about the new seasonal coffee at Starbucks. Wouldn't even know who Cruz or Trump even was or even if there was any sort of governance.

Offline Frank Cannon

I fell into that trap too this week @Frank Cannon , it's @TomSea that craps all over Ted and runs for cover.

It couldn't be good ol' Tom. He wears Velcro shoes and isn't allowed to play with sharp things. He also claims he was the BIGGEST Cruzhead there ever was until Donny was nominated.

Offline DCPatriot

"Trap"?   

No...rather I suggest it's merely human nature to strike out when one is part of a group that has defended their candidate over someone else.   

I came to this thread primarily to agree with Ted Cruz' assertion as stated in the headline.   Didn't even have to read the article. ;)

The avid Cruz supporters here have tasted nothing but defeat for nineteen months.   I get it.  (Again, no malice in that statement)

I pray that Trump shows all of you how much he thinks of Cruz by nominating him to the SCOTUS bench. 

In this hardball climate in Washington, it's where he belongs.

Offline libertybele

"Trap"?   

No...rather I suggest it's merely human nature to strike out when one is part of a group that has defended their candidate over someone else.   

I came to this thread primarily to agree with Ted Cruz' assertion as stated in the headline.   Didn't even have to read the article. ;)

The avid Cruz supporters here have tasted nothing but defeat for nineteen months.   I get it.  (Again, no malice in that statement)

I pray that Trump shows all of you how much he thinks of Cruz by nominating him to the SCOTUS bench. 

As an avid Cruz supporter I took (and still take) a lot of criticism; and quite frankly those who continue to criticize Cruz can kiss my grits.  Like him or not, he's about all conservatives have in the Senate.  He continues to speak out against the Washington cartel; his stance on issues such as illegal immigration, terrorism and the border wall are pretty much the same as Trump's. Cruz has played hardball in Congress since he arrived in the Senate and he hasn't wavered a whole lot and moving him to the SCOTUS would be a huge mistake. Besides, IMHO Trump is never going to appoint Ted to anything and still views him as his arch enemy.  Ironically Cruz so far has been one of his biggest supporters.
Romans 12:16-21

Live in harmony with one another; do not be haughty, but associate with the lowly, do not claim to be wiser than you are.  Do not repay anyone evil for evil, but take thought for what is noble in the sight of all.  If it is possible, so far as it depends on you, live peaceably with all…do not be overcome by evil, but overcome evil with good.

Silver Pines

@Frank Cannon

Don't bother.  Just get a splint to support your neck because it's going to be whipping around a lot in the coming weeks and months as you try to follow the reversals.

Offline DCPatriot

< snip >

Besides, IMHO Trump is never going to appoint Ted to anything and still views him as his arch enemy. Ironically Cruz so far has been one of his biggest supporters.

Hmmm....okay, I'll put my undefeated W-L record on the line here.   (BTW... @sinkspur 'owes' me $1,100.    :laugh:)

I'll bet you that entire amount...betting Trump makes Cruz his SCOTUS Nominee.     

...and I won't even ask for odds.     ^-^

Offline skeeter

As an avid Cruz supporter I took (and still take) a lot of criticism; and quite frankly those who continue to criticize Cruz can kiss my grits.  Like him or not, he's about all conservatives have in the Senate.  He continues to speak out against the Washington cartel; his stance on issues such as illegal immigration, terrorism and the border wall are pretty much the same as Trump's. Cruz has played hardball in Congress since he arrived in the Senate and he hasn't wavered a whole lot and moving him to the SCOTUS would be a huge mistake. Besides, IMHO Trump is never going to appoint Ted to anything and still views him as his arch enemy.  Ironically Cruz so far has been one of his biggest supporters.

Ted's gonna be around awhile. Plenty long enough to embarrass his more vocal neo-populist critics.

The ones who hang out on conservative boards, anyway.
« Last Edit: January 06, 2017, 02:41:00 pm by skeeter »

Silver Pines

"Trap"?   

@DCPatriot

For the record, DC, the majority of us are very much over the primaries.  They're so far back in our rear windows that we can't see them.  It isn't about defending Cruz and it hasn't been since May of last year.  However, we intend to hold Trump, who is a public servant now, responsible for his decisions and his actions.  If he does the right thing, he'll get the credit.  If he screws up, he'll get criticism.  It's about him now, not Ted.

Cruz has said that he isn't interested in being a Supreme Court justice.  However, Shannon Bream on Twitter said that Mike Lee, who is on Trump's list, says that he would serve.

Offline Bigun

• The FairTax Plan
Ted's gonna be around awhile. Plenty long enough to embarrass his more vocal neo-populist critics.

The ones who hang out on conservative boards, anyway.

Yep!! NO doubt about it!  :beer:

- J. R. R. Tolkien

Offline Bigun

• The FairTax Plan

@DCPatriot

For the record, DC, the majority of us are very much over the primaries.  They're so far back in our rear windows that we can't see them.  It isn't about defending Cruz and it hasn't been since May of last year.  However, we intend to hold Trump, who is a public servant now, responsible for his decisions and his actions.  If he does the right thing, he'll get the credit.  If he screws up, he'll get criticism.  It's about him now, not Ted.

Cruz has said that he isn't interested in being a Supreme Court justice.  However, Shannon Bream on Twitter said that Mike Lee, who is on Trump's list, says that he would serve.

@CatherineofAragon

I'm over a lot of things the biggest of which is my 40+ year long devotion to the national Republican Party.  After what I saw them pull last year at the convention I will NEVER have anything else to do with them. Having said that I am now in the position of HAVING to wish president elect Trump well. I hope he turns out to be the best president of my considerably long lifetime and that everything I said about him turns out to have been entirely wrong. We will see!

- J. R. R. Tolkien

Offline jpsb

* Cruz had nothing to do with that eye popping Melania SPREAD, therefore no need to apologize, that was a PAC affiliated with Rubio, who also never apologized.

More BS from @corbe  as usual. Predictable. Ted Cruz PAC Attacks Melania Trump Then #NeverTrump Crowd Cries Foul When Trump Hits Back

Offline DCPatriot

@DCPatriot

@CatherineofAragon

I'm well aware that SOME of 'you' are coming around.   It's why I'm trying to have civil discussion(s) on the forum with you.

My only point was that I have never bad-mouthed Ted Cruz in here.   Not even when Trump and Cruz went mano-y-mano.  And yet, the first impulse is to 'fight'.    Ya'll STILL have a lot of work to do, IMHO.

[/quote]

And whether he accepts Trump's offer, should it come...of course is up to Ted.   He'd make a terrific Scalia replacement.