Author Topic: EPA Asks Employees If They’re Straight, Gay, or ‘Something Else’  (Read 1716 times)

rangerrebew

EPA Asks Employees If They’re Straight, Gay, or ‘Something Else’
Posted By Elizabeth Harrington On January 4, 2017 @ 5:00 am In Politics | No Comments

The Environmental Protection Agency is asking all its employees whether they are straight, gay, or “something else” in an effort to create a more “inclusive” workplace.

The Washington Free Beacon obtained a copy of the agency’s Sexual Orientation Gender Identity (SOGI) survey, which is part of a pilot program to voluntarily collect information on its employees.

The survey first asks the employee’s pay grade, supervisory status, education, age, marital status, and race, before inquiring, “What sex were you assigned at birth?”

Article printed from Washington Free Beacon: http://freebeacon.com

URL to article: http://freebeacon.com/politics/epa-asks-employees-theyre-straight-gay-something-else/

Offline Jazzhead

• Blue lives matter
Re: EPA Asks Employees If They’re Straight, Gay, or ‘Something Else’
« Reply #1 on: January 04, 2017, 02:20:33 pm »
Why is an employee's sexual orientation any business whatsoever of an employer,  unless of course sex is part of the job?   What about the rights of those gays who, for whatever reason,  choose to keep their private lives private?     
It's crackers to slip a rozzer the dropsy in snide

Offline Frank Cannon

« Reply #2 on: January 04, 2017, 02:27:21 pm »
Why is an employee's sexual orientation any business whatsoever of an employer,  unless of course sex is part of the job?

The EPA likes to screw people so yes, it is part of the job.

Silver Pines

« Reply #3 on: January 04, 2017, 03:14:42 pm »
Why is an employee's sexual orientation any business whatsoever of an employer,  unless of course sex is part of the job?   What about the rights of those gays who, for whatever reason,  choose to keep their private lives private?   

@Jazzhead

This way the gays/trans/something elses can be coddled and given special treatment.

Offline mountaineer

« Reply #4 on: January 04, 2017, 03:27:29 pm »
This way the gays/trans/something elses can be coddled and given special treatment.
This way, these mentally disturbed individuals can completely botch whatever phony baloney job they're assigned to, and be immune from discipline. "You can't fire me, I'm LBGTAQXYZ!!"
Support Israel's emergency medical service. afmda.org

Silver Pines

« Reply #5 on: January 04, 2017, 03:32:07 pm »
This way, these mentally disturbed individuals can completely botch whatever phony baloney job they're assigned to, and be immune from discipline. "You can't fire me, I'm LBGTAQXYZ!!"

@mountaineer

Yep, exactly. 

I was just reading a link from Twitter which said that doctors now can't refuse to give a transgender a pelvic exam.  I'd like to know how in the hell that's supposed to work. 

Offline mountaineer

« Reply #6 on: January 04, 2017, 03:36:43 pm »
I was just reading a link from Twitter which said that doctors now can't refuse to give a transgender a pelvic exam.  I'd like to know how in the hell that's supposed to work.
They'll be required to have both an ob-gyn and urologist on call, just to cover all bases (so to speak).
Support Israel's emergency medical service. afmda.org

Silver Pines

« Reply #7 on: January 04, 2017, 03:39:21 pm »
They'll be required to have both an ob-gyn and urologist on call, just to cover all bases (so to speak).

@mountaineer

I guess there's no point at which this lunacy is going to end.

Offline andy58-in-nh

« Reply #8 on: January 04, 2017, 03:40:51 pm »
In an effort to promote "equality" and "opportunity", the Federal government now virtually mandates that employers (including government) explicitly take into account not only immutable personal characteristics but also lifestyle choices wholly unrelated to ability, experience, effort, or achievement.

In the old, sane world, that used to be known as "discrimination". 
"The most terrifying force of death, comes from the hands of Men who wanted to be left Alone. They try, so very hard, to mind their own business and provide for themselves and those they love. They resist every impulse to fight back, knowing the forced and permanent change of life that will come from it. They know, that the moment they fight back, their lives as they have lived them, are over. -Alexander Solzhenitsyn

Offline Jazzhead

• Blue lives matter
« Reply #9 on: January 04, 2017, 04:02:06 pm »
In an effort to promote "equality" and "opportunity", the Federal government now virtually mandates that employers (including government) explicitly take into account not only immutable personal characteristics but also lifestyle choices wholly unrelated to ability, experience, effort, or achievement.

Well, it's not that bad yet.  But the issue is simple privacy.  Why should any employee be required to reveal his/her sexual orientation to an employer,  unless the individual wants to take advantage of benefits the employer voluntarily provides?    Not all gays are militants obsessed with "pride" and openness.   Many want to lead quiet lives, and certainly want to keep their personal lives separate from their employment lives.   
It's crackers to slip a rozzer the dropsy in snide

Offline dfwgator

« Reply #10 on: January 04, 2017, 04:14:45 pm »

"No. We're not homosexual, but we're willing to learn."

Silver Pines

« Reply #11 on: January 04, 2017, 04:26:24 pm »

"No. We're not homosexual, but we're willing to learn."

@dfwgator

Lol....classic.

Offline Gefn

• "And though she be but little she is fierce"-Shakespeare
  • Cat Mod
  • Quos Deus Vult Perdere Prius Dementat
« Reply #12 on: January 04, 2017, 04:51:44 pm »
Strange how no one ever asks if you are celibate.
G-d bless America. G-d bless us all                                 

Adopt a puppy or kitty from your local shelter
Or an older dog or cat. They're true love❤️

Offline rodamala

« Reply #13 on: January 04, 2017, 06:22:20 pm »
If they were to be completely honest with this survey, as Federal Government Employees they would voluntarily admit they love screwing taxpayers the most.

Offline endicom

« Reply #14 on: January 04, 2017, 06:35:30 pm »
What about the rights of those gays who, for whatever reason,  choose to keep their private lives private?   

What of the rest of us who choose to keep our private lives private? What if we will not accede to accepting that people are assigned a sex at birth rather than being what they are at birth?

geronl

« Reply #15 on: January 04, 2017, 06:42:22 pm »
How about a workplace where nobody knows or cares what you do at home.

Wingnut

« Reply #16 on: January 04, 2017, 06:56:33 pm »
The EPA likes to screw people so yes, it is part of the job.

They have to protect their phony baloney jobs jobs!

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=uTmfwklFM-M&ab_channel=EdMorrissey

Offline SirLinksALot

« Reply #17 on: January 04, 2017, 08:01:26 pm »
SOURCE: WASHINGTON FREE BEACON

URL: http://freebeacon.com/politics/epa-asks-employees-theyre-straight-gay-something-else/

BY: Elizabeth Harrington   

The Environmental Protection Agency is asking all its employees whether they are straight, gay, or “something else” in an effort to create a more “inclusive” workplace.

The Washington Free Beacon obtained a copy of the agency’s Sexual Orientation Gender Identity (SOGI) survey, which is part of a pilot program to voluntarily collect information on its employees.

The survey first asks the employee’s pay grade, supervisory status, education, age, marital status, and race, before inquiring, “What sex were you assigned at birth?”

The EPA wants to know how many of its employees are “Straight, that is, not Lesbian or Gay,” lesbian or gay, bisexual, or “Something else.”

The EPA only gave its employees three gender options, instead of 37.

After asking employees if they describe themselves as male, female, transgender, or none of the above, the EPA asks what they “think of when answering the last question.” Choices are “My biological anatomy,” “Characteristics of my personality,” “How others view me/societal expectations of me,” “How I see myself,” and “Other.”

The agency has defined gender as “male, female, a blend of both, or neither.”

An agency spokesperson previously told the Free Beacon that the program allows the EPA to “assess whether individuals have equal opportunity for employment,” enabling “a robust and scientific way to identify any potential barriers to equal employment opportunity, and then to design solutions to address those potential barriers.”

The EPA gives its employees the option of saying certain questions, such as questions about their sexual orientation, make them feel uncomfortable.

The survey asks respondents “How comfortable are you with discussing your gender identity” or “sexual orientation at your place of work?” It also asks respondents “How comfortable are you with being asked about your gender identity by your agency?” Answer options are “Very comfortable,” “Somewhat comfortable,” “Neither comfortable or uncomfortable,” and “Somewhat uncomfortable.”

Employees also can answer that gender identity is “irrelevant to my agency’s mission.”

The survey asks if employees have concerns about being asked about their sexual orientation because it is a “sensitive topic,” or because “people who are not authorized may access this information.”

One question asks respondents to select potential benefits of the EPA asking about gender identity. Answers include “a more inclusive workplace,” “greater acceptance of differences,” or “I don’t think there are any benefits.”

geronl

« Reply #18 on: January 04, 2017, 08:16:54 pm »
I think maybe it should be a crime for an employer to ask this. Especially a government employer.

Offline Mod2

« Reply #19 on: January 04, 2017, 08:59:41 pm »
Merged two threads on the same topic.

Offline Suppressed

« Reply #20 on: January 04, 2017, 09:13:21 pm »
Agencies of some states have received similar surveys.
+++++++++
“In the outside world, I'm a simple geologist. But in here .... I am Falcor, Defender of the Alliance” --Randy Marsh

“The most effectual means of being secure against pain is to retire within ourselves, and to suffice for our own happiness.” -- Thomas Jefferson

“He's so dumb he thinks a Mexican border pays rent.” --Foghorn Leghorn

Offline Suppressed

« Reply #21 on: January 04, 2017, 09:15:53 pm »
@mountaineer

Yep, exactly. 

Heck, for a period of time back when VMI was men-only, their doctor was a gynecologist (no joke)!
+++++++++
“In the outside world, I'm a simple geologist. But in here .... I am Falcor, Defender of the Alliance” --Randy Marsh

“The most effectual means of being secure against pain is to retire within ourselves, and to suffice for our own happiness.” -- Thomas Jefferson

“He's so dumb he thinks a Mexican border pays rent.” --Foghorn Leghorn

Offline Emjay

• Womp, womp
« Reply #22 on: January 04, 2017, 11:02:35 pm »
Well, it's not that bad yet.  But the issue is simple privacy.  Why should any employee be required to reveal his/her sexual orientation to an employer,  unless the individual wants to take advantage of benefits the employer voluntarily provides?    Not all gays are militants obsessed with "pride" and openness.   Many want to lead quiet lives, and certainly want to keep their personal lives separate from their employment lives.

Everytime I look up on the Net to find what percentage of the population falls into the LBG whatever, I get answers like 3%, 2%, 4%.

So why does every single TV show and news article and law and everything relate to that statistically tiny proportion of the population?
Against stupidity, the Gods themselves contend in vain.

Offline Smokin Joe

• I was a "conspiracy theorist". Now I'm just right.
« Reply #23 on: January 04, 2017, 11:08:27 pm »
Everytime I look up on the Net to find what percentage of the population falls into the LBG whatever, I get answers like 3%, 2%, 4%.

So why does every single TV show and news article and law and everything relate to that statistically tiny proportion of the population?
If you go by the distribution of 'types' on TV, you would conclude that America is populated by 25% GLBTQ, 25% black, 25% other non caucasian, and a split for the remaining 25% of 95 lb white women who can take down multiple gorillas unarmed, and the remainder just really stupid uncoordinated white guys.

It's almost as accurate as the news...
How God must weep at humans' folly! Stand fast! God knows what he is doing!
Seventeen Techniques for Truth Suppression

Of all tyrannies, a tyranny sincerely exercised for the good of its victims may be the most oppressive. It would be better to live under robber barons than under omnipotent moral busybodies. The robber baron's cruelty may sometimes sleep, his cupidity may at some point be satiated; but those who torment us for our own good will torment us without end for they do so with the approval of their own conscience.

C S Lewis

Offline Emjay

• Womp, womp
« Reply #24 on: January 04, 2017, 11:11:16 pm »
If you go by the distribution of 'types' on TV, you would conclude that America is populated by 25% GLBTQ, 25% black, 25% other non caucasian, and a split for the remaining 25% of 95 lb white women who can take down multiple gorillas unarmed, and the remainder just really stupid uncoordinated white guys.

It's almost as accurate as the news...

Totally true.  Get's old after a while.
Against stupidity, the Gods themselves contend in vain.