Author Topic: Chicago Violence Worst In 20 Years: “Not Seen This Level Of Disrespect For Police Ever”  (Read 499 times)

rangerrebew

Chicago Violence Worst In 20 Years: “Not Seen This Level Of Disrespect For Police Ever”
22 1
December 31, 2016
“The level of disrespect I see for police now, I’ve never seen it like this in 28 years. The willingness of the bad guy to engage a police officer, I’ve never, it’s just different…Before, they didn’t engage the police like they do now.”

For months we’ve been writing about the staggering rise of violence in Chicago.  As the year has worn on, the grim milestones have added up: the deadliest month in 23 years, the deadliest day in 13 years, 4,300 people shot…the list goes on and on.  With five days left in 2016, official police records indicate that homicides in Chicago surged 57% YoY and shootings spiked 46%.  To put those numbers into perspective, Chicago recorded over 20% more murders in 2016 than New York and Los Angeles combined, despite having a fraction of the population.  Per the Chicago Tribune:

http://alexanderhiggins.com/chicago-violence-worst-20-years-not-seen-level-disrespect-police-ever/
« Last Edit: January 01, 2017, 02:47:37 pm by rangerrebew »

Wingnut

Barry's lasting legacy.