Author Topic: Obituaries for 2017  (Read 209391 times)

Online bigheadfred

• One day Closer
Re: Obituaries for 2017
« Reply #775 on: May 19, 2017, 02:38:46 am »
Even though it's pure commie screed, love Cornell's soaring backup vocals to Vedder's lead in this song:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=BmWJ_nGzSME

I like that song.
She asked me name my foe then. I said the need within some men to fight and kill their brothers without thought of Love or God. Ken Hensley

Offline Cripplecreek

• Constitutional Extremist
« Reply #776 on: May 19, 2017, 07:22:14 pm »
Chris Cornell's final song.

In My Time Of Dying

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Hg7qw31xeXk

Online catfish1957

• Laken Riley.... Say her Name. And to every past and future democrat voter- Her blood is on your hands too!!!
  • Political Researcher
« Reply #777 on: May 19, 2017, 07:30:29 pm »

In My Time Of Dying

Wow, thats the 3rd version of that song I've seen, and I don't think I have ever head one tune done so differently by three diff. acts (Add Dylan and Zep)
I display the Confederate Battle Flag in honor of my great great great grandfathers who spilled blood at Wilson's Creek and Shiloh.  5 others served in the WBTS with honor too.

Offline Cripplecreek

• Constitutional Extremist
« Reply #778 on: May 19, 2017, 07:37:33 pm »
Wow, thats the 3rd version of that song I've seen, and I don't think I have ever head one tune done so differently by three diff. acts (Add Dylan and Zep)

Cornell had obviously already made his decision.

In my time of dying, want nobody to mourn
All I want for you to do is take my body home

Well, well, well, so I can die easy

Jesus, gonna make up/out siviers
Jesus, gonna make up my dyin' bed
Meet me, Jesus, meet me
Oh meet me in the middle of the air
If my wings should fail me, Lord
Oh please meet me with another pair

Jesus, gonna make up
Somebody, somebody
Oh, oh Jesus gonna make up
Jesus gonna make you my dyin' bed

Oh, Saint Peter, at the gates of heaven
Won't you let me in
I never did no harm
I never did no wrong

Oh, Gabriel, let me blow your horn
Let me blow your horn
Oh, I never did, did no harm

I've only been this young once
I never thought I'd do anybody no wrong
No, not once

Oh, I did somebody some good
Somebody some good yeah
Oh, did somebody some good yeah
I must have did somebody some good yeah
Oh I believe I did

I see the smiling faces
I know I must have left some traces

And I see them in the streets
And I see them in the field
And I hear them shouting under my feet
And I know it's got to be real
Oh, Lord, deliver me
All the wrong I've done
You can deliver me, Lord
I only wanted to have some fun

Hear the angels marchin'
Hear the' marchin', hear them marchin'
Hear them marchin', the' marchin'

(Oh my Jesus)
It's got to be my Jesus
Oh, it's got to be, it's got to be my Jesus
it's got to be my oh
it's got to be my Jesus
Oh take me home
Come on, come on I can hear the answer, sing it
Oh, here they come
Here they come
Here they come
Bye-bye
Bye-bye
Bye-bye
Bye-bye
Bye-bye
Oh, feels pretty good, don't you?
Pretty good, I feel
(Oh, Georgina)

(Oh)
Oh, yeah
Oh, I see him
Come on
(Take it)

Oh, don't you make it my dyin', dyin', dyin'
Cough, "that's gonna be the one, isn't it?"
"Come have a listen, then"
Oh yes, thank you

Songwriters: BOB DYLAN

Online Cyber Liberty

• Coffee! Donuts! Kittens!
  • Administrator
  • 🌵🌵🌵
« Reply #779 on: May 19, 2017, 07:59:57 pm »
That's a common effect the Psychs have noted about suicidal people.  They always have a marked change in their disposition before they do it, and it's usually seen by others around them as a very positive change.  They've made the decision, and as a result they become more positive in their general outlook on life.

It's a paradox.

@Victoria33, do you have an opinion?
« Last Edit: May 19, 2017, 08:02:21 pm by Cyber Liberty »
For unvaccinated, we are looking at a winter of severe illness and death — if you’re unvaccinated — for themselves, their families, and the hospitals they’ll soon overwhelm. Sloe Joe Biteme 12/16
I will NOT comply.

Castillo del Cyber Autonomous Zone ~~~~~>                          :dontfeed:

Offline Sanguine

• Ex-member
« Reply #780 on: May 19, 2017, 08:11:30 pm »
That's a common effect the Psychs have noted about suicidal people.  They always have a marked change in their disposition before they do it, and it's usually seen by others around them as a very positive change.  They've made the decision, and as a result they become more positive in their general outlook on life.

It's a paradox.

@Victoria33, do you have an opinion?

They also tend to do it when the anti-depressants kick in because they begin to feel good enough to do something at that point.  If they can ride it out a little longer, they can get beyond the "too depressed to live, but feel good enough to kill myself" point.

Online jmyrlefuller

• J. Myrle Fuller
  • Cat Mod
  • Realistic nihilist
    • Fullervision
« Reply #781 on: May 19, 2017, 08:39:35 pm »

It's a paradox.
I think it may have something to do with regaining control.

To get to suicide, things usually must progress to the point of hopelessness. The idea of killing oneself, bringing an end to everything by one's own hand, is empowering if one believes that life on the whole is more bad than good. It brings this perverse sense of hope, that nonexistence is more pleasant than the current.

As the song goes:

"But suicide is painless
It brings on many changes
And I can take or leave it if I please"
New profile picture in honor of Public Domain Day 2024

Offline Gefn

• "And though she be but little she is fierce"-Shakespeare
  • Cat Mod
  • Quos Deus Vult Perdere Prius Dementat
« Reply #782 on: May 19, 2017, 09:22:37 pm »
They also tend to do it when the anti-depressants kick in because they begin to feel good enough to do something at that point.  If they can ride it out a little longer, they can get beyond the "too depressed to live, but feel good enough to kill myself" point.

No the anti depressants give them the slight energy boost to make the desire real. Then the anti depressants ruin your personality. Or you go through one bought of depression and when he next one comes you can't go through it again, like Virginia Woolf, etc.

The only thing worse than anti depressants is ECT, IMHO. Ask Ernest Hemingway what he thought of that. Or Godel. I can keep going but I'm crying too hard now.

I. Pray and wish none of you Lovely people here or your families ever experience this first hand 
« Last Edit: May 19, 2017, 09:27:30 pm by Freya »
G-d bless America. G-d bless us all                                 

Adopt a puppy or kitty from your local shelter
Or an older dog or cat. They're true love❤️

Online Cyber Liberty

• Administrator
  • 🌵🌵🌵
« Reply #783 on: May 19, 2017, 09:30:04 pm »

No the anti depressants give them the slight energy boost to make the desire real. Then the anti depressants ruin your personality. Or you go through one bought of depression and when he next one comes you can't go through it again, like Virginia Woolf, etc.

The only thing worse than anti depressants is ECT, IMHO. Ask Ernest Hemingway what he thought of that. Or Godel. I can keep going but I'm crying too hard now.

I. Pray and wish none of you Lovely people here or your families ever experience this first hand

They still do Electroshock Therapy?  Sick.  And people bitch about waterboarding.
For unvaccinated, we are looking at a winter of severe illness and death — if you’re unvaccinated — for themselves, their families, and the hospitals they’ll soon overwhelm. Sloe Joe Biteme 12/16
I will NOT comply.

Offline musiclady

« Reply #784 on: May 19, 2017, 09:33:16 pm »
I think it may have something to do with regaining control.

To get to suicide, things usually must progress to the point of hopelessness. The idea of killing oneself, bringing an end to everything by one's own hand, is empowering if one believes that life on the whole is more bad than good. It brings this perverse sense of hope, that nonexistence is more pleasant than the current.

As the song goes:

"But suicide is painless
It brings on many changes
And I can take or leave it if I please"

Ironically, the theme song from M.A.S.H........
Character still matters.  It always matters.

I wear a mask as an exercise in liberty and love for others.  To see it as an infringement of liberty is to entirely miss the point.  Be kind.

"Sometimes I think the Church would be better off if we would call a moratorium on activity for about six weeks and just wait on God to see what He is waiting to do for us. That's what they did before Pentecost."   - A. W. Tozer

Use the time God is giving us to seek His will and feel His presence.

Offline Sanguine

• Ex-member
« Reply #785 on: May 19, 2017, 09:33:27 pm »

The Black Dog - no, I wouldn't wish that on anybody.   And, I readily admit that antidepressants help some and don't help others. 

Bless you, Freya.

Offline Applewood

« Reply #786 on: May 19, 2017, 09:39:17 pm »
Back in the 90s, I tool Prozac for a very brief period.  Lifted my mood,  but it also made me drowsy.  Falling asleep at the office was not an option.  I stopped. 

These days, pharmaceutical companies advertise heavily on tv.  Seems that nearly every anti-depressant can give you suicidal thoughts or actions.  So what good are these drugs?

Offline Gefn

• Cat Mod
« Reply #787 on: May 19, 2017, 09:44:18 pm »
They still do Electroshock Therapy?  Sick.  And people bitch about waterboarding.

yes, though it's slightly changed since Ken Kesey wrote about it in the 50s. Bones don't break anymore, but they strap you down good and tight to make sure it doesn't happen and they put something in your mouth so you don't bite off your tongue.

You still loose your long and short term memory. If you are lucky it will come back in a year or so. If you are out of luck it doesn't come back plus your IQ goes down twenty to thirty points. Hopefullly you were a member of Mensa so that doesn't present too much of a problem,

If not you want to pet the rabbits, George. Not in the happy way.

Offline Mom MD

« Reply #788 on: May 19, 2017, 09:52:21 pm »
yes, though it's slightly changed since Ken Kesey wrote about it in the 50s. Bones don't break anymore, but they strap you down good and tight to make sure it doesn't happen and they put something in your mouth so you don't bite off your tongue.

You still loose your long and short term memory. If you are lucky it will come back in a year or so. If you are out of luck it doesn't come back plus your IQ goes down twenty to thirty points. Hopefullly you were a member of Mensa so that doesn't present too much of a problem,

If not you want to pet the rabbits, George. Not in the happy way.

Electroshock therapy is one of the most effective and quick treatments for severe depression.  Patients are given general anesthesia and paralytic agents to stop the muscle activity and soreness.  As done today it is a highly effective treatment for severe refractory depression and can save lives
God is still in control

Offline Gefn

• Cat Mod
« Reply #789 on: May 19, 2017, 10:01:59 pm »
I love you @Mom MD and I respect you and admire you,but I humbly will disagree with you on this one topic and ask we can still be friends here.

I've never seen it work for anyone. If it has worked for someone, hurray. I. Believe Carrie Fisher said it helped her.

It's just I've never seen it work for anyone. 

I hope you still like me.

Offline Mom MD

« Reply #790 on: May 19, 2017, 10:10:47 pm »
I love you @Mom MD and I respect you and admire you,but I humbly will disagree with you on this one topic and ask we can still be friends here.

I've never seen it work for anyone. If it has worked for someone, hurray. I. Believe Carrie Fisher said it helped her.

It's just I've never seen it work for anyone. 

I hope you still like me.

@Freya of course I like you!!!   Disagreement does not mean we do not like each other!!!
Besides you are a crazy cat lady just like me (I currently have 4)

I replied just because shock therapy has an understandably bad rap.  But done in current conditions and on a very select group of patients it can be lifesaving.  You have a sweet spirit and I will always consider you friend
 :beer: :seeya: :patriot:
God is still in control

Online Cyber Liberty

• Administrator
  • 🌵🌵🌵
« Reply #791 on: May 19, 2017, 10:14:39 pm »
@Freya of course I like you!!!   Disagreement does not mean we do not like each other!!!
Besides you are a crazy cat lady just like me (I currently have 4)

I replied just because shock therapy has an understandably bad rap.  But done in current conditions and on a very select group of patients it can be lifesaving.  You have a sweet spirit and I will always consider you friend
 :beer: :seeya: :patriot:

Piker.   :tongue2:
I will NOT comply.

Offline Mom MD

« Reply #792 on: May 19, 2017, 10:19:18 pm »
Piker.   :tongue2:

Right back atcha  I also have a 4 year old daughter and my grown daughters German shepherd and cat staying with me...

Watch who u r calling piker there youngster  :nono:
God is still in control

Online bigheadfred

• One day Closer
« Reply #793 on: May 19, 2017, 10:47:26 pm »

This sucks. I liked his work. My wife told me today they think it may have been related to a medication he was taking.
She asked me name my foe then. I said the need within some men to fight and kill their brothers without thought of Love or God. Ken Hensley

Online bigheadfred

• One day Closer
« Reply #794 on: May 19, 2017, 10:48:25 pm »
Electroshock therapy is one of the most effective and quick treatments for severe depression.  Patients are given general anesthesia and paralytic agents to stop the muscle activity and soreness.  As done today it is a highly effective treatment for severe refractory depression and can save lives

If it kills the brain, then no.

Offline Mom MD

« Reply #795 on: May 19, 2017, 10:53:28 pm »
If it kills the brain, then no.

It doesn't kill the brain   It induces a seizure and like any other seizure it can take up to 24 hours for mental status to return to normal.   This is not for everyone but in the most refractory cases it can provide relief where little else has worked
God is still in control

Offline sneakypete

• Twitter is for Twits
« Reply #796 on: May 19, 2017, 11:08:11 pm »

@Freya

The "good" (?) news is it is always the very bright people that have the breakdowns. Information overload on people with VERY active minds,but  who are so lacking in emotional self-confidence they just can't handle reality. The sensitive types that have been raised or conditioned to feel guilty because they are smarter and have more than others.  Guilt is a major killer for people with a conscience.

People who have been raised to be grateful for the gifts they were born with never have these problems. They understand they have nothing to feel guilty about because even though they were born intellectually gifted they had to work hard to maximize it and because of their "birth gift" and their hard work,they have made the world a better place for those less-gifted as well as for themselves by providing jobs,medical advancements,technological advancements,fairer governments,advancing philosophies,etc,etc,etc.

After all,it's only the people with good minds that have  minds to lose.

Intelligence really IS  a "gift that keeps on giving"
Anyone who isn't paranoid in 2021 just isn't thinking clearly!

Online Cyber Liberty

• Administrator
  • 🌵🌵🌵
« Reply #797 on: May 19, 2017, 11:25:39 pm »
Right back atcha  I also have a 4 year old daughter and my grown daughters German shepherd and cat staying with me...

Watch who u r calling piker there youngster  :nono:

"Youngster?"  I have a 4-year-old grandson, so I will simply have to tell your that I love you, madly.   :smokin:
I will NOT comply.

Offline Gefn

• Cat Mod
« Reply #798 on: May 19, 2017, 11:48:37 pm »
@Freya

The "good" (?) news is it is always the very bright people that have the breakdowns. Information overload on people with VERY active minds,but  who are so lacking in emotional self-confidence they just can't handle reality. The sensitive types that have been raised or conditioned to feel guilty because they are smarter and have more than others.  Guilt is a major killer for people with a conscience.

People who have been raised to be grateful for the gifts they were born with never have these problems. They understand they have nothing to feel guilty about because even though they were born intellectually gifted they had to work hard to maximize it and because of their "birth gift" and their hard work,they have made the world a better place for those less-gifted as well as for themselves by providing jobs,medical advancements,technological advancements,fairer governments,advancing philosophies,etc,etc,etc.

After all,it's only the people with good minds that have  minds to lose.

Intelligence really IS  a "gift that keeps on giving"

Thank you @sneakypete

Truth be told, I've been crying for the last hour or so because of this thread. I'm pretty spent to take all your wisdom in right now. I'll view it fresh in the morning

Offline austingirl

• Cruz 2016- a Constitutional Conservative at last!
« Reply #799 on: May 20, 2017, 12:22:33 am »
Chris Cornell was my favorite singer.  I've been listening to his music the last two days. He was a poet and wrote very dark lyrics. His wife is saying that he may have taken one or two more Ativan than usual, was slurring his words when they last spoke. He went to rehab in 2003 and was supposedly clean. Why the benzos? They are contraindicated in those who had problems with alcohol. He had three children that he leaves behind.  **nononono*

"Like A Stone"

On a cob web afternoon,
 In a room full of emptiness
 By a freeway I confess
 I was lost in the pages of a book full of death;
 Reading how we'll die alone.
 And if we're good we'll lay to rest,
 Anywhere we want to go.

Whether with Soundgarten, Audioslave or solo, his voice was exquisite and "no one sings like you anymore." RIP, Chris.
Principles matter. Words matter.