Author Topic: Obituaries for 2017  (Read 209759 times)

Offline Cyber Liberty

• Coffee! Donuts! Kittens!
  • Administrator
  • 🌵🌵🌵
Re: Obituaries for 2017
« Reply #1050 on: July 12, 2017, 01:14:26 pm »
I don't know much about this man but the write-up is fascinating:

Sorry, but I'm chuckling at your Avatar.  Road Runner?
For unvaccinated, we are looking at a winter of severe illness and death — if you’re unvaccinated — for themselves, their families, and the hospitals they’ll soon overwhelm. Sloe Joe Biteme 12/16
I will NOT comply.

Castillo del Cyber Autonomous Zone ~~~~~>                          :dontfeed:

Offline jmyrlefuller

• J. Myrle Fuller
  • Cat Mod
  • Realistic nihilist
    • Fullervision
« Reply #1051 on: July 13, 2017, 04:46:59 pm »
Chinese political prisoner Liu Xiaobo dies at 61

Liu emerged in the 1980s as a prominent critic of the Chinese Communist Party. He spoke openly of his admiration of Western society and at one point mused it would take centuries of colonialism to transform Red China into a country that reached its full potential. He was sentenced to three years hard labor in the 1990s, and was arrested in 2008 when the Red Chinese authorities labeled him as a subversive. He was imprisoned in 2010 and spent the rest of his life in state custody.

Liu was awarded the Nobel Peace Prize in 2010 for his efforts.

Obituary from the New York Times

Wikipedia
New profile picture in honor of Public Domain Day 2024

Offline TomSea

• All deserve a trial if accused
« Reply #1052 on: July 14, 2017, 12:08:10 pm »

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=tAYrh-x7UKo

Watch the stunning audition of the 'America's Got Talent' contestant who died in crash

Brooke Metz , USA TODAY Published 6:40 a.m. ET July 12, 2017 | Updated 4:45 p.m. ET July 12, 

Audition aired of 'America's Got Talent' contestant who died

On Tuesday night , "America's Got Talent" aired the audition of a contestant who died in a car accident in June. USA TODAY

America got the chance to hear 'America's Got Talent' contestant Brandon Rogers sing one last time Tuesday night.

Rogers, a 29-year-old family medicine doctor, died in a car accident last month.

"On June 11 one of our contestants, Brandon Rogers, tragically passed away in a car accident," an onscreen message read. "At the request of his family we would like to honor his memory by sharing his audition with you."

Read more at: https://www.usatoday.com/story/life/entertainthis/2017/07/12/americas-got-talent-honors-contestant-who-died-car-crash/470819001/

And a Doctor to boot: https://www.instagram.com/p/BSRi7yQBLFw/

The Joe Pags show was saying the driver fell asleep at the wheel of the car and crashed into a tree, Brandon was a passenger. The other two in the car survived. Perhaps the driver was not even seriously injured.
« Last Edit: July 14, 2017, 01:20:08 pm by TomSea »

Offline sneakypete

• Twitter is for Twits
« Reply #1053 on: July 14, 2017, 05:33:17 pm »
Chinese political prisoner Liu Xiaobo dies at 61

Liu emerged in the 1980s as a prominent critic of the Chinese Communist Party. He spoke openly of his admiration of Western society and at one point mused it would take centuries of colonialism to transform Red China into a country that reached its full potential. He was sentenced to three years hard labor in the 1990s, and was arrested in 2008 when the Red Chinese authorities labeled him as a subversive. He was imprisoned in 2010 and spent the rest of his life in state custody.

Liu was awarded the Nobel Peace Prize in 2010 for his efforts.

Obituary from the New York Times

Wikipedia

@jmyrlefuller

No matter what anyone else says about him,no one can doubt his courage or dedication to his convictions.
Anyone who isn't paranoid in 2021 just isn't thinking clearly!

Offline Smokin Joe

• I was a "conspiracy theorist". Now I'm just right.
« Reply #1054 on: July 14, 2017, 09:25:25 pm »
@jmyrlefuller

No matter what anyone else says about him,no one can doubt his courage or dedication to his convictions.
I agree. Considering the Nobel comes with a check, he likely never got the benefit of that, either. A man like this gets the award, he likely earned it in spades. That B.O. got it is a stain on the committee that won't go away in the next century.
How God must weep at humans' folly! Stand fast! God knows what he is doing!
Seventeen Techniques for Truth Suppression

Of all tyrannies, a tyranny sincerely exercised for the good of its victims may be the most oppressive. It would be better to live under robber barons than under omnipotent moral busybodies. The robber baron's cruelty may sometimes sleep, his cupidity may at some point be satiated; but those who torment us for our own good will torment us without end for they do so with the approval of their own conscience.

C S Lewis

Offline jmyrlefuller

• J. Myrle Fuller
  • Cat Mod
  • Realistic nihilist
    • Fullervision
« Reply #1055 on: July 15, 2017, 03:07:41 pm »
Mathematician Maryam Mirzakhani dies at 40

Born and initially educated in Iran, Mirzakhani emigrated to the United States to study math at Harvard University in 1999. From the time of her graduation from Harvard in 2004, Mirzakhani emerged as one of the world's foremost mathematicians, focusing largely on geometry and related fields as a professor at Stanford University. Her work was awarded the Fields Medal, the most prestigious mathematical prize in the world, in 2014; she was the first woman to receive the award.

Mirzakhani was diagnosed with breast cancer in 2013 and died from complications of the disease.

Obituary from the BBC

Wikipedia

Offline sneakypete

• Twitter is for Twits
« Reply #1056 on: July 15, 2017, 04:39:26 pm »
Mathematician Maryam Mirzakhani dies at 40

Born and initially educated in Iran, Mirzakhani emigrated to the United States to study math at Harvard University in 1999. From the time of her graduation from Harvard in 2004, Mirzakhani emerged as one of the world's foremost mathematicians, focusing largely on geometry and related fields as a professor at Stanford University. Her work was awarded the Fields Medal, the most prestigious mathematical prize in the world, in 2014; she was the first woman to receive the award.

Mirzakhani was diagnosed with breast cancer in 2013 and died from complications of the disease.

Obituary from the BBC

Wikipedia

@jmyrlefuller

That death is a loss to all of humanity.
Anyone who isn't paranoid in 2021 just isn't thinking clearly!

Offline TomSea

« Reply #1057 on: July 16, 2017, 09:57:20 pm »
George A. Romero, Father of the Zombie Film, Dies at 77

His low-budget body of work, which included 'Night of the Living Dead' and 'Dawn of the Dead,' creeped out audiences for decades. George A. Romero, the legendary writer-director from Pittsburgh who made the 1968 cult classic Night of the Living Dead for $114,000, thus spawning an unrelenting parade of zombie movies and TV shows, has died. He was 77.

Romero, who put out five other zombie movies after a copyright blunder cost him millions of dollars in profits on his wildly popular first one, died Sunday in his sleep after a battle with lung cancer according to a statement from Romero's producing partner Peter Grunwald to the L.A. Times. Romero's family confirmed his death to the Times as well.

Continued: http://www.hollywoodreporter.com/news/george-a-romero-dead-night-living-dead-director-was-77-945346

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/George_A._Romero

Cast of "Night of the Living Dead", some movie, I can remember first seeing it.

The cast, I can only place about 4 of these people.

« Last Edit: July 16, 2017, 09:59:49 pm by TomSea »

Offline Smokin Joe

« Reply #1058 on: July 16, 2017, 10:20:29 pm »
Romero dead?

Are you sure?

Seriously, thanks for the fun, and Rest in Peace.
Really.
Stay where they put you.

Of all tyrannies, a tyranny sincerely exercised for the good of its victims may be the most oppressive. It would be better to live under robber barons than under omnipotent moral busybodies. The robber baron's cruelty may sometimes sleep, his cupidity may at some point be satiated; but those who torment us for our own good will torment us without end for they do so with the approval of their own conscience.

C S Lewis

Offline montanajoe

« Reply #1059 on: July 17, 2017, 12:55:49 am »
Romero dead?

Are you sure?

Seriously, thanks for the fun, and Rest in Peace.
Really.
Stay where they put you.
[/quote

Thats what is up on my century link..
 Geez that was such a movie memory for me think I saw it at Ft Ord
« Last Edit: July 17, 2017, 12:57:45 am by montanajoe »

Offline TomSea

« Reply #1060 on: July 17, 2017, 02:15:27 am »
Martin Landau, film and TV icon, dead at 89
Published July 16, 2017
Fox News

Martin Landau, a celebrated actor with dozens of movie and TV credits to his name, including the “Mission: Impossible” television series, has died at age 89, Fox News has confirmed.

Landau died around 1:30 PT on Saturday following “unexpected complications” while he was hospitalized at UCLA Medical Center.

The prolific actor’s most notable credits included the “Mission: Impossible” television series, Alfred Hitchcock’s classic film “North by Northwest,” and his role in “Ed Wood,” for which he won an Oscar.

Landau got his start as a newspaper cartoonist at the New York Daily News, according to The Hollywood Reporter. He was 17 when he began at the news...

Continued: http://www.foxnews.com/entertainment/2017/07/16/martin-landau-film-and-tv-icon-dead-at-89.html

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1vvf0a-pCDM

Offline montanajoe

« Reply #1061 on: July 17, 2017, 02:26:32 am »
Was just going to post this. Never missed Mission Impossible on Sunday nights in the 60's he was my favorite character RIP

Online berdie

« Reply #1062 on: July 17, 2017, 02:30:41 am »
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/George_A._Romero

Cast of "Night of the Living Dead", some movie, I can remember first seeing it.

The cast, I can only place about 4 of these people.

That movie scared the socks off of me. And still does, as cheesy as it is. :laugh:

Online catfish1957

• Laken Riley.... Say her Name. And to every past and future democrat voter- Her blood is on your hands too!!!
  • Political Researcher
« Reply #1063 on: July 17, 2017, 03:22:30 am »
Was just going to post this. Never missed Mission Impossible on Sunday nights in the 60's he was my favorite character RIP

Absolutely...     His portrayal as Rollin Hand was his signature role.
I display the Confederate Battle Flag in honor of my great great great grandfathers who spilled blood at Wilson's Creek and Shiloh.  5 others served in the WBTS with honor too.

Offline jmyrlefuller

• J. Myrle Fuller
  • Cat Mod
  • Realistic nihilist
    • Fullervision
« Reply #1064 on: July 20, 2017, 06:56:47 pm »
Chester Bennington, lead singer of Linkin Park, dies at 41

Bennington, who reported being abused as a child and becoming addicted to drugs at an early age, first rose to fame in 1999, when he joined the rock band Linkin Park, a position he would hold for the rest of his life. Linkin Park would become a major sensation in the early 2000s.

In addition to Linkin Park, Bennington fronted the bands Dead by Sunrise and, from 2013 to 2015 after the firing of Paul Weiland, the Stone Temple Pilots; Bennington had long considered the latter position to be a lifelong goal of his.

Bennington committed suicide by hanging Thursday morning. His death comes on the birthday of close friend Chris Cornell, who similarly killed himself earlier this year; he is also the second Stone Temple Pilots frontman to commit suicide, after Weiland did so in 2015.

Death notice/obituary from TMZ

Wikipedia

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=eVTXPUF4Oz4

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=kXYiU_JCYtU

Offline txradioguy

• Propaganda NCOIC
  • Cat Mod
  • Rule #39
« Reply #1065 on: July 20, 2017, 06:59:06 pm »
R.I.P. Chester Bennington lead singer for Linkin Park...committed suicide...41 years old.

For those that don't know his groups music...you can hear part of their song "Somewhere I Belong" at the top of every hour every night during the Mark Levin Show and as he goes to commercial breaks.
The libs/dems of today are the Quislings of former years. The cowards who would vote a fraud into office in exchange for handouts from the devil.

Here lies in honored glory an American soldier, known but to God

THE ESTABLISHMENT IS THE PROBLEM...NOT THE SOLUTION

Republicans Don't Need A Back Bench...They Need a BACKBONE!

Offline austingirl

• Cruz 2016- a Constitutional Conservative at last!
« Reply #1066 on: July 20, 2017, 07:11:31 pm »

Bennington, who reported being abused as a child and becoming addicted to drugs at an early age, first rose to fame in 1999, when he joined the rock band Linkin Park, a position he would hold for the rest of his life. Linkin Park would become a major sensation in the early 2000s.

In addition to Linkin Park, Bennington fronted the bands Dead by Sunrise and, from 2013 to 2015 after the firing of Paul Weiland, the Stone Temple Pilots; Bennington had long considered the latter position to be a lifelong goal of his.

Bennington committed suicide by hanging Thursday morning. His death comes on the birthday of close friend Chris Cornell, who similarly killed himself earlier this year; he is also the second Stone Temple Pilots frontman to commit suicide, after Weiland did so in 2015.

Terrible!
Principles matter. Words matter.

Offline Suppressed

« Reply #1067 on: July 20, 2017, 07:36:05 pm »
R.I.P. Chester Bennington lead singer for Linkin Park...committed suicide...41 years old.

Horrible that a life is so bad that living is a less desirable choice.  He went through a lot, and it shows that fame and riches aren't everything.
+++++++++
“In the outside world, I'm a simple geologist. But in here .... I am Falcor, Defender of the Alliance” --Randy Marsh

“The most effectual means of being secure against pain is to retire within ourselves, and to suffice for our own happiness.” -- Thomas Jefferson

“He's so dumb he thinks a Mexican border pays rent.” --Foghorn Leghorn

Online Weird Tolkienish Figure

• Technical
« Reply #1068 on: July 20, 2017, 08:14:56 pm »
Makes no sense. Many people would kill to be in these guy's places.

Offline Smokin Joe

« Reply #1069 on: July 20, 2017, 08:17:33 pm »
Makes no sense. Many people would kill to be in these guy's places.
Fame and fortune carry their own level of misery and often create more problems than they solve. You still wake up and look yourself in the mirror, and if you don't like the person you see, all that other stuff won't make you happy.

C S Lewis

Online catfish1957

• Laken Riley.... Say her Name. And to every past and future democrat voter- Her blood is on your hands too!!!
  • Political Researcher
« Reply #1070 on: July 20, 2017, 08:20:21 pm »
Horrible that a life is so bad that living is a less desirable choice.  He went through a lot, and it shows that fame and riches aren't everything.

Seems there is a lot of short life spans in that Nirvanna era genre.  Strange.
I display the Confederate Battle Flag in honor of my great great great grandfathers who spilled blood at Wilson's Creek and Shiloh.  5 others served in the WBTS with honor too.

Offline skeeter

« Reply #1071 on: July 20, 2017, 08:23:56 pm »

Death notice/obituary from TMZ

Wikipedia

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=eVTXPUF4Oz4

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=kXYiU_JCYtU

He had 6 kids too. But I guess he valued his relationship with Cornell more.

Offline Sanguine

• Ex-member
« Reply #1072 on: July 20, 2017, 08:25:08 pm »
He had 6 kids too. But I guess he valued his relationship with Cornell more.

Yep. 

Offline truth_seeker

• Common Sense Results Oriented Conservative Veteran
« Reply #1073 on: July 20, 2017, 09:19:17 pm »
I have pretty close to zero sympathy or respect, for those that commit suicide.

My younger sister was diagnosed with Depression around 18 yrs. of age. She threatened suicide, but got meds and has slogged it out for 40 years.

Drugs and alcohol compound their problems immensely. Cannot tell if he was drinking/using when de decided to end it

I do therefore have empathy for depressives. It is partly genetic, and hereditary. And meds can treat it.
"God must love the common man, he made so many of them.�  Abe Lincoln

Offline Suppressed

« Reply #1074 on: July 21, 2017, 01:29:07 am »
And meds can treat it.

Meds quite often cannot treat it.
+++++++++
“In the outside world, I'm a simple geologist. But in here .... I am Falcor, Defender of the Alliance” --Randy Marsh

“The most effectual means of being secure against pain is to retire within ourselves, and to suffice for our own happiness.” -- Thomas Jefferson

“He's so dumb he thinks a Mexican border pays rent.” --Foghorn Leghorn