Author Topic: John Bolton slams Obama sanctions on Russia as inadequate - Washington Times  (Read 188 times)

Offline TomSea

• All deserve a trial if accused
John Bolton slams Obama sanctions on Russia as inadequate
President’s handling of Russia ‘pathetic,’ ex-UN ambassador says

By Ken Shepherd - The Washington Times - Friday, December 30, 2016

Former Bush administration U.N. ambassador John Bolton said Friday morning that President Obama’s sanctions on Russia was an inadequate response to that government’s pervasive hacking of U.S. computer systems during the 2016 presidential campaign.

“I don’t think they will have much impact at all,” Mr. Bolton said Friday on Fox News’s “Fox & Friends” of Mr. Obama’s sanctions, The Hill newspaper reported.

“The Russians have walked all over the Obama administration for eight years. It’s really been a pathetic performance,” said Mr. Bolton, who previously had been under consideration by the Trump transition team for a post in the incoming administration.

Continued At: http://www.washingtontimes.com/news/2016/dec/30/john-bolton-denounces-obama-sanctions-russia-inade/

National, World, Politics, I don't care where this goes if this is not the best place.
« Last Edit: December 31, 2016, 03:42:49 pm by TomSea »

Offline TomSea

• All deserve a trial if accused
I think there is overkill with all of this talk about how Putin made a great chess move and Obama (or US) look humiliated.

They've been shutting down NGOs (Non-Governmental Organizations) for some time over there and I don't see all of this bellyaching going on with us criticizing them.

It's quite something if Bolton says this. McCain said something, it might be interesting to hear if the Bushes have any input.

----

Will be out of pocket but any comments welcome.
« Last Edit: December 31, 2016, 03:41:34 pm by TomSea »