Author Topic: Mormon Tabernacle Choir Singer Quits Over Trump  (Read 4656 times)

Offline Gefn

• "And though she be but little she is fierce"-Shakespeare
  • Cat Mod
  • Quos Deus Vult Perdere Prius Dementat
Re: Mormon Tabernacle Choir Singer Quits Over Trump
« Reply #25 on: December 31, 2016, 03:13:11 pm »
It's her choice not to go. Other than that it's a non story.

It would be newsworthy if the entire tabernacle chose not to attend. Not one woman. Her choosing not to attend is newsworthy only to her friends and family.

G-d bless America. G-d bless us all                                 

Adopt a puppy or kitty from your local shelter
Or an older dog or cat. They're true love❤️

Silver Pines

« Reply #26 on: December 31, 2016, 03:15:35 pm »
I'm not sure dedicated Trump supporters actually believe in freedom of thought, @CatherineofAragon .  There's no indication of that with a few of them here....... in particular this claimer of truth seeking.

I'm actually surprised he didn't take a swipe at this horrible forum that he despises (while curiously continuing to post on it on a regular basis).

It's a rare post where he doesn't take a gratuitous swipe at this free thinking forum.

@musiclady

Yes, it's the truth that some of them place loyalty to Trump above all else.  Fine, but the ones who do should understand that, in the real world, most people will not.  It's best that they get used to it.

I honestly don't see how anyone could have a problem with the way this forum is run.  When I see other sites claiming that aggression against Russia is a criminal act, I KNOW I'm in the right place.

Offline musiclady

« Reply #27 on: December 31, 2016, 03:24:40 pm »
@musiclady

Yes, it's the truth that some of them place loyalty to Trump above all else.  Fine, but the ones who do should understand that, in the real world, most people will not.  It's best that they get used to it.

I honestly don't see how anyone could have a problem with the way this forum is run.  When I see other sites claiming that aggression against Russia is a criminal act, I KNOW I'm in the right place.

TBR is amazing in its freedom, and perhaps that's what bugs them the most.  What they want is to be able to intimidate people who think differently into silence.

It won't work.
Character still matters.  It always matters.

I wear a mask as an exercise in liberty and love for others.  To see it as an infringement of liberty is to entirely miss the point.  Be kind.

"Sometimes I think the Church would be better off if we would call a moratorium on activity for about six weeks and just wait on God to see what He is waiting to do for us. That's what they did before Pentecost."   - A. W. Tozer

Use the time God is giving us to seek His will and feel His presence.

Silver Pines

« Reply #28 on: December 31, 2016, 03:54:28 pm »
TBR is amazing in its freedom, and perhaps that's what bugs them the most.  What they want is to be able to intimidate people who think differently into silence.

It won't work.

@musiclady

Agreed.  I don't take to intimidation attempts IRL, and it isn't going to happen here, either.

Online bigheadfred

• One day Closer
« Reply #29 on: December 31, 2016, 04:02:19 pm »
@musiclady

Agreed.  I don't take to intimidation attempts IRL, and it isn't going to happen here, either.

Stop. You're scaring me.  :laugh:
She asked me name my foe then. I said the need within some men to fight and kill their brothers without thought of Love or God. Ken Hensley

Offline Cripplecreek

• Constitutional Extremist
« Reply #30 on: December 31, 2016, 04:05:28 pm »

It would be newsworthy if the entire tabernacle chose not to attend. Not one woman. Her choosing not to attend is newsworthy only to her friends and family.

I think its just something for the Trump Hyenas to cackle over.

Silver Pines

« Reply #31 on: December 31, 2016, 04:55:44 pm »
Stop. You're scaring me.  :laugh:

@bigheadfred

I can't help it, it makes me mad, lol  Somebody rammed a grocery cart into my car and dented it, and after it was fixed, I came out of a store and saw that the car parked facing it was touching it, or seemed to be.  I was kind of wary of getting another slam, so I went to look.  The owner of the car, a guy with a New York accent who was about six-two, came out as I was checking, and he said, "I'm not touching your car", in a jerkish way.  I said I was just making sure, and the response was, "Bitch, I said I'm not touching your car, so why don't you get in it."  I walked over and got up in his face and said that might be the way he was taught to address people but down here we don't appreciate it. 

Like my husband said, it was totally dumb for me to do, but temper overwhelmed brains. 

Offline Cripplecreek

• Constitutional Extremist
« Reply #32 on: December 31, 2016, 05:03:33 pm »
@bigheadfred

I can't help it, it makes me mad, lol  Somebody rammed a grocery cart into my car and dented it, and after it was fixed, I came out of a store and saw that the car parked facing it was touching it, or seemed to be.  I was kind of wary of getting another slam, so I went to look.  The owner of the car, a guy with a New York accent who was about six-two, came out as I was checking, and he said, "I'm not touching your car", in a jerkish way.  I said I was just making sure, and the response was, "Bitch, I said I'm not touching your car, so why don't you get in it."  I walked over and got up in his face and said that might be the way he was taught to address people but down here we don't appreciate it. 

Like my husband said, it was totally dumb for me to do, but temper overwhelmed brains.

As my friends have always said of me "They clank when he walks"

Offline musiclady

« Reply #33 on: December 31, 2016, 07:27:47 pm »
@musiclady

Actually, intimidation emboldens me.

I don't know if it's my American independent streak, my general stubbornness, or my feisty disposition, but when someone tries to intimidate me into shutting up, my desire to fight back increases.

truth seeker is trying to do that with his incessant insults of all of us, and the entire forum, and another creepy guy is doing it by assaulting my morality and character.

I intend to fight back in both cases, hopefully, until they're tired of me and stop acting like morons.  ^-^

@CatherineofAragon

I wear a mask as an exercise in liberty and love for others.  To see it as an infringement of liberty is to entirely miss the point.  Be kind.

"Sometimes I think the Church would be better off if we would call a moratorium on activity for about six weeks and just wait on God to see what He is waiting to do for us. That's what they did before Pentecost."   - A. W. Tozer

Offline Suppressed

« Reply #34 on: December 31, 2016, 07:48:12 pm »

I give it a slight bit of extra newsworthiness because of what a big deal it is to give up a slot in this choir.  It is very difficult to become a member and is life-consuming.  This woman gave up a lot for her convictions.
+++++++++
“In the outside world, I'm a simple geologist. But in here .... I am Falcor, Defender of the Alliance” --Randy Marsh

“The most effectual means of being secure against pain is to retire within ourselves, and to suffice for our own happiness.” -- Thomas Jefferson

“He's so dumb he thinks a Mexican border pays rent.” --Foghorn Leghorn

Silver Pines

« Reply #35 on: December 31, 2016, 08:00:46 pm »

@Cripplecreek

LOL

:beer:

Silver Pines

« Reply #36 on: December 31, 2016, 08:02:21 pm »
Actually, intimidation emboldens me.

I don't know if it's my American independent streak, my general stubbornness, or my feisty disposition, but when someone tries to intimidate me into shutting up, my desire to fight back increases.

truth seeker is trying to do that with his incessant insults of all of us, and the entire forum, and another creepy guy is doing it by assaulting my morality and character.

I intend to fight back in both cases, hopefully, until they're tired of me and stop acting like morons.  ^-^

@CatherineofAragon

@musiclady

I'll go with all three (and that's a good thing, lol).

Offline musiclady

« Reply #37 on: December 31, 2016, 08:45:00 pm »
@musiclady

I'll go with all three (and that's a good thing, lol).

888high58888

Offline mirraflake

« Reply #38 on: December 31, 2016, 08:49:45 pm »
@bigheadfred

My wife has a brand new Camaro SS and parked it at the store one day away from other cars. Was walking back to her car and this 350 lb woman parked right next to the car and my wife could tell she was going to throw open her door(as obese people do)  and hit my wifes car.  She grabbed the womens door and told her not to exit until she left or there was going to be hell to pay if she hit the car.

She took it back to the dealer for the free oil change and told the service personal if she caught them doing burnouts with her car she was going to go all out royal beocth on them. They came back with her cars  so polite  "yes m'am"   lol.

My wife is full blooded eyetalian and has the Italian temper at times.

@CatherineofAragon

Online bigheadfred

• One day Closer
« Reply #39 on: December 31, 2016, 08:53:09 pm »
@bigheadfred

Boy, not me. I having trouble articulating myself. I am very indecisive. People seem to walk all over me. Meek and mild. I squish when I walk.
She asked me name my foe then. I said the need within some men to fight and kill their brothers without thought of Love or God. Ken Hensley

Silver Pines

« Reply #40 on: December 31, 2016, 09:06:58 pm »
My wife has a brand new Camaro SS and parked it at the store one day away from other cars. Was walking back to her car and this 350 lb woman parked right next to the car and my wife could tell she was going to throw open her door(as obese people do)  and hit my wifes car.  She grabbed the womens door and told her not to exit until she left or there was going to be hell to pay if she hit the car.

She took it back to the dealer for the free oil change and told the service personal if she caught them doing burnouts with her car she was going to go all out royal beocth on them. They came back with her cars  so polite  "yes m'am"   lol.

My wife is full blooded eyetalian and has the Italian temper at times.

@CatherineofAragon

@mirraflake

Good for her.  I don't have a drop of Italian blood, as far as I know, but an Italian friend of mine told me I could pass, lol.

That feeling you describe when you just know someone is going to slam a door into yours?  Yep, been there.

Silver Pines

« Reply #41 on: December 31, 2016, 09:08:25 pm »
Boy, not me. I having trouble articulating myself. I am very indecisive. People seem to walk all over me. Meek and mild. I squish when I walk.

@bigheadfred

Yes, I often have a hard time understanding what on earth you're saying, lol.  (Not buying that for a second).   :laugh:

Offline mirraflake

« Reply #42 on: December 31, 2016, 09:14:00 pm »

Take a public speaking course like Dale Carnegie. I had the same problem, articulating myself  and in outside sales so not good - and it worked wonders.

@bigheadfred

Online bigheadfred

• One day Closer
« Reply #43 on: December 31, 2016, 09:28:31 pm »
Take a public speaking course like Dale Carnegie. I had the same problem, articulating myself  and in outside sales so not good - and it worked wonders.

@bigheadfred
@CatherineofAragon

It is true I am not very good at public speaking. I think that is probably because when asked to talk I lack the five Pees.

Other than that, if you look at my convictions...oh...wait...lets not look at my convictions...heh heh heh. Let's just say if you manage to make me mad, run away.  :laugh:

Silver Pines

« Reply #44 on: December 31, 2016, 09:38:36 pm »
@bigheadfred

Lmao

If I had to stand up in front of a crowd or an audience and speak....no way.  i couldn't do it. 

Offline TomSea

• All deserve a trial if accused
« Reply #45 on: December 31, 2016, 09:39:01 pm »
@truth_seeker

He/She (meaning t_s) does fine, even if he/she takes swipes, it's not veering into vulgarizing others. NT's side can't quite say that but we are not keeping score, just saying, if one generalizes, that is a two way street.

Offline TomSea

• All deserve a trial if accused
« Reply #46 on: December 31, 2016, 09:40:04 pm »
T_S needs to remember too; Trump won in an electoral college landslide, time to put bitterness behind us.

Wingnut

« Reply #47 on: December 31, 2016, 09:42:40 pm »
T_S needs to remember too; Trump won in an electoral college landslide, time to put bitterness behind us.

Evidently...He doesn't have the ability to do so.

Offline Idiot

« Reply #48 on: January 01, 2017, 02:26:17 am »
@Cripplecreek ...I hear they have pills for this.   :laugh:

HonestJohn

« Reply #49 on: January 01, 2017, 03:50:18 am »
Nah.  I stepped on a poptop and blew out a flipflop was all!   Mod1 kissed my boo boo and made it all better!

You just need a margarita and a cheeseburger to fix that.

:tongue2: