Author Topic: STUNNING Move by Putin  (Read 7805 times)

Offline sneakypete

• Twitter is for Twits
Re: STUNNING Move by Putin
« Reply #50 on: December 31, 2016, 12:26:31 am »
Indeed they are, and have been for a very long time.  It's useful to recollect Patton had a grudging respect for Rommel, while being bitter enemies.

@Cyber Liberty  @montanajoe

You guys know the Cold War has ended,and we won,right. The Communist Party is a minor political party in Russia now,and has virtually no influence or power.
Anyone who isn't paranoid in 2021 just isn't thinking clearly!

Offline montanajoe

« Reply #51 on: December 31, 2016, 12:30:05 am »
@montanajoe

It baffles me why you or anyone else would still be sticking to that outmoded way of thinking. WE are probably closer to being communists now than Russia is,and Russia and America share the same enemies and have a lot in common besides that. Russia SHOULD be one of our biggest allies now. An alliance with Russia against the  "New World Order" which is so beloved of the majorityof our alleged Republicans and their Dim allies would help us both stabilize and protect our nations.

I've been to Russia...

The average Russian hates America and American's. Putin hates America and American's. He used O and the US  for eight years to reestablish his countries place in the world and he will do the same with Trump.

Putin and Russia see themselves as our enemy... folks that want to sing Kumbahyah and pretend our avowed enemies are our friends are deluded or worse...

Offline sneakypete

• Twitter is for Twits
« Reply #52 on: December 31, 2016, 12:30:52 am »

That is a funny thing you just said there. I have always had the impression that Obama, Soros, ValJar, someone, was blackmailing Roberts. But I never knew that others felt the same way. I thought it was just me.

But yes, now that we are on the topic, I do believe that someone is holding something on Roberts or his family. His decision on Obamacare was more than just wrong, it was utterly absurd.

However, the thing is, if Roberts is being blackmailed, the blackmail will still stand whether or not Obama is in office. We shall see, but it would not surprise me to see some changes in Judge Roberts position over the next year or couple of years. The only way he would be able to shake off whatever has a hold on him would be to step down. It may happen. I don't know. But I do think something will happen pretty soon.

@240B

I strongly suspect Roberts is one of Boy Jorge's homosexual pals,and that is the basis of the blackmail. It seems he had no dating or social life before he met and married his wife,and both of their children were adopted from Argentina.

I am certain there is a story there is anyone with a printing press or microphone and the free time and money to research it could discover.

Getting anyone to publish or broadcast it would be a hell of a lot harder than digging it up.

I was convinced Roberts would be nothing more than a tool from the day his nomination was announced. So were many others.
« Last Edit: December 31, 2016, 12:31:15 am by sneakypete »

Offline sneakypete

• Twitter is for Twits
« Reply #53 on: December 31, 2016, 12:33:47 am »
We don't have to be friends,  but we also don't have to be enemies, neither.

@dfwgator

Bingo! Why is that so hard for so many people to accept?

Silver Pines

« Reply #54 on: December 31, 2016, 12:40:42 am »
It baffles me that so many on the right think Putin and Russia are our friends. They are the enemy..

@montanajoe

True.  That has never changed. Putin is a skilled manipulator.

Offline Cyber Liberty

• Coffee! Donuts! Kittens!
  • Administrator
  • 🌵🌵🌵
« Reply #55 on: December 31, 2016, 12:53:05 am »
@Cyber Liberty  @montanajoe

You guys know the Cold War has ended,and we won,right. The Communist Party is a minor political party in Russia now,and has virtually no influence or power.

Next you'll be telling me the 80's called, they want their foreign policy back.
For unvaccinated, we are looking at a winter of severe illness and death — if you’re unvaccinated — for themselves, their families, and the hospitals they’ll soon overwhelm. Sloe Joe Biteme 12/16
I will NOT comply.

Castillo del Cyber Autonomous Zone ~~~~~>                          :dontfeed:

Offline skeeter

« Reply #56 on: December 31, 2016, 02:10:04 am »

Back in the day our respective ideologies made us enemies, the fact that communism was almost an invasive religion and they were its high priest.

While I understand that today many in Russia may pine for the days they were the 800 lb gorilla in eastern Europe I'm really not sure why they need to be considered our mortal enemy today. A potential adversary requiring careful handling, maybe, but not an enemy to be opposed at every turn.

Hell, regarding how to deal with our true mortal enemy, Islam, I kinda like Russia's approach better than the one the west has taken these past 25 years.

Online Fishrrman

• Dumbest member of the forum
« Reply #57 on: December 31, 2016, 02:20:19 am »
240b wrote:
"I have always had the impression that Obama, Soros, ValJar, someone, was blackmailing Roberts. But I never knew that others felt the same way. I thought it was just me."

It's not just you.

Ever since his nearly inexplicable reversal on obamacare (Roberts originally wrote a draft to toss it, and then reversed himself), I'm wondering if they have something to use against him.

I sense it has something to do with his adopted child.

I also sense that Ginsberg may leave the Court sooner rather than later. She couldn't retire during obama's tenure because I sense that deep down she despises him and sees him for what he is -- a Jew-hating muslim. She did not want to give him the opportunity to appoint her successor, which might have very well been the "first muslim Justice". With Trump in, she may just decide to "pull the pin" (as we old railroaders say)...

Wingnut

« Reply #58 on: December 31, 2016, 02:24:13 am »
Much like a booty call.... we could be friends with benefits.

Offline r9etb

« Reply #59 on: December 31, 2016, 03:36:57 am »
@geronl   @r9etb

geronl's statement was in relation to a suggested cooperation between Trump and Putin. If Putin were calling for the overthrow of Trump,geronl would be a huge Putin fan. Practically everything he posts is related to his hatred of Trump.

I'm beginning to suspect his last name is Bush.

I begin to wonder if you're even rational.

Offline TomSea

• All deserve a trial if accused
« Reply #60 on: December 31, 2016, 04:39:13 am »
For the common man, Russia is not that good of a place I'd think,  drinking bath oil killed about 60 people, their planes are apparently so-so in reliability, low standard of living, small businessmen go to jail over red tape or taxes.  It's a kleptocracy, good for those on top but not below. So, a nationalistic fervor is used for the leaders to stay popular.  Actually, they must have one of the biggest Muslim populations in Europe, one that Daniel Pipes estimates, could overtake the ethnic Russian one:  http://www.danielpipes.org/blog/2005/08/predicting-a-majority-muslim-russia
« Last Edit: December 31, 2016, 04:58:28 am by TomSea »

Offline TomSea

« Reply #61 on: December 31, 2016, 05:15:05 am »
Russia also, isn't fighting ISIS that much in Syria; their airliner went down over the Sinai and it is open to question as to whether that was a bombing or the Russians did it themselves to garner support for their actions in Syria.

As it goes, if a terrorist organization like ISIS downed an airliner, you'd think they'd go after them tooth and nail but that doesn't seem to be the case.

Offline 240B

• Lord of all things Orange!
  • TBR Advisory Committee
    • I try my best ...
« Reply #62 on: December 31, 2016, 05:22:43 am »

240b wrote:
"I have always had the impression that Obama, Soros, ValJar, someone, was blackmailing Roberts. But I never knew that others felt the same way. I thought it was just me."

It's not just you.

Ever since his nearly inexplicable reversal on obamacare (Roberts originally wrote a draft to toss it, and then reversed himself), I'm wondering if they have something to use against him.

I sense it has something to do with his adopted child.

I also sense that Ginsberg may leave the Court sooner rather than later. She couldn't retire during obama's tenure because I sense that deep down she despises him and sees him for what he is -- a Jew-hating muslim. She did not want to give him the opportunity to appoint her successor, which might have very well been the "first muslim Justice". With Trump in, she may just decide to "pull the pin" (as we old railroaders say)...

The term 'pull the pin' has a different, albeit same, meaning for us military types. I think we both agree, that things in America will be much different in a couple of years.

The strangest thing about a hand grenade, was training the recruits not to watch. They would always throw the grenade over the wall, and then try to climb the wall to watch it go off. It was a compulsion. They wanted to see it blow up. The problem with that is, if you can see it explode, then it can see you too.
You cannot "COEXIST" with people who want to kill you.
If they kill their own with no conscience, there is nothing to stop them from killing you.
Rational fear and anger at vicious murderous Islamic terrorists is the same as irrational antisemitism, according to the Leftists.

Offline montanajoe

« Reply #63 on: December 31, 2016, 05:55:27 am »

The term 'pull the pin' has a different, albeit same, meaning for us military types. I think we both agree, that things in America will be much different in a couple of years.

The strangest thing about a hand grenade, was training the recruits not to watch. They would always throw the grenade over the wall, and then try to climb the wall to watch it go off. It was a compulsion. They wanted to see it blow up. The problem with that is, if you can see it explode, then it can see you too.

Interesting point. I distinctly remember a guy in AIT that pulled the pin and dropped the grenade, of course the DI kicked  it into the pit, but I suppose that's why I get the hearing aids from the VA every 4-5  years....
« Last Edit: December 31, 2016, 05:56:51 am by montanajoe »

Offline 240B

• Lord of all things Orange!
  • TBR Advisory Committee
    • I try my best ...
« Reply #64 on: December 31, 2016, 12:57:33 pm »
Interesting point. I distinctly remember a guy in AIT that pulled the pin and dropped the grenade, of course the DI kicked  it into the pit, but I suppose that's why I get the hearing aids from the VA every 4-5  years....

Ok, hearing aids from the VA? I get it. Good for you.
How is that in any way relevant to the conversation? Oh wait, I heard grenade. That's me!

I should post to that!

Good Luck and GodSpeed oldtimer.
« Last Edit: December 31, 2016, 12:58:45 pm by 240B »
You cannot "COEXIST" with people who want to kill you.
If they kill their own with no conscience, there is nothing to stop them from killing you.
Rational fear and anger at vicious murderous Islamic terrorists is the same as irrational antisemitism, according to the Leftists.

Offline sneakypete

• Twitter is for Twits
« Reply #65 on: December 31, 2016, 02:41:17 pm »
Next you'll be telling me the 80's called, they want their foreign policy back.

@Cyber Liberty

I guess some people just can't handle the truth.

Offline sneakypete

• Twitter is for Twits
« Reply #66 on: December 31, 2016, 02:43:13 pm »
I begin to wonder if you're even rational.

@r9etb

LOL!

Offline sneakypete

• Twitter is for Twits
« Reply #67 on: December 31, 2016, 02:53:48 pm »
For the common man, Russia is not that good of a place I'd think,  drinking bath oil killed about 60 people, their planes are apparently so-so in reliability, low standard of living, small businessmen go to jail over red tape or taxes.  It's a kleptocracy, good for those on top but not below. So, a nationalistic fervor is used for the leaders to stay popular.  Actually, they must have one of the biggest Muslim populations in Europe, one that Daniel Pipes estimates, could overtake the ethnic Russian one:  http://www.danielpipes.org/blog/2005/08/predicting-a-majority-muslim-russia

@TomSea

We in the west had the PERFECT change to gain a VERY powerful ally after the USSR collapsed,but first Clinton and then Bush did everything they could do to screw Russia at every turn,so it shouldn't be any surprise they started distrusting us again.

With the Clinton/Gore criminal conspiracy,it was all about stealing World Bank funds and selling them rotten food and defective goods. With Bush it was all about backing the Muslims against Russia because the Sauds OWNED that SOB.

The US and Russia SHOULD have been allies against globalism and Islam. Together,with our resources we could have easily bankrupted the Muddle East to the point where they were once again too busy killing each other than killing anyone else,and stopping the spread of globalism. Especially given Russia's 70+ year experience with pushing globalism and what it cost them to do so. Unfortunately,globalism is what all the neo-cons were all about because they saw personal profits and empires coming out of selling our country down the drain.

I first went to Russia in 92,and as an American I was treated a LOT nicer there by the the typical Russian,and even by the Russian authorities I occasionally ran into than I would have been treated in NYC. Russians LOVED America,and were giddy with excitement at being free after all those years to try to develop a system where they could live like us.

After Clinton and then Bush,even Russians that moved to the US don't want to go back there to visit because of all the hostility towards Americans on the streets.
« Last Edit: December 31, 2016, 02:54:08 pm by sneakypete »

Offline TomSea

« Reply #68 on: December 31, 2016, 03:13:32 pm »
@sneakypete
I certainly agree that we should not escalate tensions with Russia over this.

We have real enemies out there, it is time to get our priorities straight and a sort of glasnost with Russia might actually help the Russian people themselves.

And No, we shouldn't be carpetbaggers over there, exploiting the situation. I'm sure there are openings for some commerce; I'm not ruling that out but we/others shouldn't take advantage either.

geronl

« Reply #69 on: January 02, 2017, 04:28:35 am »
I think a lot of people who defend Putin do so because they see it as defending Trump in some form or fashion

geronl

« Reply #70 on: January 02, 2017, 04:30:56 am »

Putin is the enemy whether you want to admit or not, just like Islamists are at war with us whether we fight back or not.

geronl

« Reply #71 on: January 02, 2017, 04:32:10 am »
@geronl   @r9etb
 If Putin were calling for the overthrow of Trump,geronl would be a huge Putin fan. Practically everything he posts is related to his hatred of Trump.

I don't believe in the fallacy of "the enemy of my enemy is my friend". I think Putin apologists are doing that.

Offline sneakypete

• Twitter is for Twits
« Reply #72 on: January 02, 2017, 10:18:56 am »
I think a lot of people who defend Putin do so because they see it as defending Trump in some form or fashion

@geronl

Is that you,Oprah?

Offline sneakypete

• Twitter is for Twits
« Reply #73 on: January 02, 2017, 10:21:26 am »
I don't believe in the fallacy of "the enemy of my enemy is my friend". I think Putin apologists are doing that.

@geronl

You don't think about anything other than your hatred of Trump. Is it because he's not JEB?

Offline Cyber Liberty

• Coffee! Donuts! Kittens!
  • Administrator
  • 🌵🌵🌵
« Reply #74 on: January 02, 2017, 02:48:36 pm »
I think some people have never had to land a fish that was heavier than the test-line.
For unvaccinated, we are looking at a winter of severe illness and death — if you’re unvaccinated — for themselves, their families, and the hospitals they’ll soon overwhelm. Sloe Joe Biteme 12/16
I will NOT comply.

Castillo del Cyber Autonomous Zone ~~~~~>                          :dontfeed: