Author Topic: Which senators will call it quits?  (Read 330 times)

Online mystery-ak

• Owner
  • Administrator
  • Let's Go Brandon!
Which senators will call it quits?
« on: December 30, 2016, 02:41:47 pm »
 Which senators will call it quits?

Retirement rumors are swirling, and the decisions could roil the 2018 Senate midterm election.

By Seung Min Kim and Burgess Everett

12/30/16 05:06 AM EST

Updated 12/30/16 06:37 AM EST

Orrin Hatch and Dianne Feinstein will be 84 and 85 years old, respectively, on Election Day 2018. If that thought alone isn’t tiring enough, here’s another way of looking at it: If they run and win, both would eclipse the 90-year mark by the end of their term.

But if the serenity of Utah or coastal beauty of California is beckoning either senator into retirement, neither is willing to publicly entertain it just yet.

“Age doesn't seem to be a factor,” said Hatch, the Utah Republican who is now in the presidential line of succession and heads the powerful Senate Finance Committee. “I’m tough and strong and I have the usual infirmities that anybody my age has but nothing stops me.”

more
http://www.politico.com/story/2016/12/senate-retirements-2018-mid-terms-232904
Proud Supporter of Tunnel to Towers
Support the USO
Democrat Party...the Party of Infanticide

“Therefore do not worry about tomorrow, for tomorrow will worry about itself. Each day has enough trouble of its own.”
-Matthew 6:34

Offline Night Hides Not

Re: Which senators will call it quits?
« Reply #1 on: December 30, 2016, 02:49:23 pm »
Hey you two, 85 isn't the new 60. Both Senators have been there far too long, and are part of the Swamp.

As I've oft stated, the perks and power of being a member of Congress must be overwhelming. I'm retiring as soon as I possibly can, to spend time with my grandson (who will hopefully be joined by more grandchildren, though it's doubtful for several years), and to hit the road to enjoy the fruits of the labors of thousands of winemakers throughout the globe.

Of course, my travels will be detailed in "The Vineyard."   :beer:

You can avoid reality, but you cannot avoid the consequences of avoiding reality.

1 John 3:18: Let us love not in word or speech, but in truth and action.