Author Topic: Exclusive — Behind Scenes at Presidential Inaugural Committee: Trump Inauguration to Have Less Pomp, Circumstance So He Can Get Right to Work  (Read 1822 times)

Online mystery-ak

• Owner
  • Administrator
  • Let's Go Brandon!
by Matthew Boyle29 Dec 2016Washington, D.C.0

WASHINGTON, D.C. — President-elect Donald J. Trump’s inauguration will have less official celebration throughout the day and evening so he can focus on getting right to work on behalf of the American people, officials involved in the planning process tell Breitbart News. The inauguration itself will be less focused on the donor class and ritzy Washington insiders as in years past and more focused on the regular working class people across the country for whom Trump has become the champion.

“The inauguration and inaugural is a representation of the president-elect and a representation of the vice president-elect,” Boris Epshteyn, the director of communications for the Presidential Inaugural Committee (PIC), told Breitbart News in an exclusive behind-the-scenes tour of the PIC’s offices in Washington, D.C., on Thursday.

more
http://www.breitbart.com/big-government/2016/12/29/exclusive-behind-scenes-presidential-inaugural-committee-trump-inauguration-less-pomp-circumstance-can-get-right-work/
Proud Supporter of Tunnel to Towers
Support the USO
Democrat Party...the Party of Infanticide

“Therefore do not worry about tomorrow, for tomorrow will worry about itself. Each day has enough trouble of its own.”
-Matthew 6:34

Offline EC

• Shanghaied Editor
  • Cats rule. Dogs drool.
From the article:

—it’s a tradition President Bush started in 2005 with the Commander-in-Chief ball, President Obama continued it and President Trump is also continuing it but expanding it. This ball, the general public can’t get a ticket. Historically, it’s only been active duty members of the military—specifically enlisted members. This year, we’ve expanded it to include military families, wounded warriors, veterans, and first responders as well. So you’ll have police, firemen, who will all be there. It’ll be a thank you for them for their service to our country.

I like that. A lot.
The universe doesn't hate you. Unless your name is Tsutomu Yamaguchi

I've got a website now: Smoke and Ink

geronl

These toe-sucking authors are testing my patience.

Trump is all about pomp and circumstance and the show.

Offline Hondo69

• The more I know the less I understand
In the spirit of recycling, why not just reuse some of the sustainable props lying around?

Offline Suppressed

What great spin!

Trump has had nearly everyone turn him down.
+++++++++
“In the outside world, I'm a simple geologist. But in here .... I am Falcor, Defender of the Alliance” --Randy Marsh

“The most effectual means of being secure against pain is to retire within ourselves, and to suffice for our own happiness.” -- Thomas Jefferson

“He's so dumb he thinks a Mexican border pays rent.” --Foghorn Leghorn

Offline Right_in_Virginia

Actually, President-Elect Trump is all about the work and the results.  But you know that.   :shrug:

Online jmyrlefuller

• J. Myrle Fuller
  • Cat Mod
  • Realistic nihilist
    • Fullervision

And the only reason he's putting up this facade that it isn't is that none of the showmen are going along. So he puts up another show making it look like he's not putting on a show.
New profile picture in honor of Public Domain Day 2024

Online jmyrlefuller

• J. Myrle Fuller
  • Cat Mod
  • Realistic nihilist
    • Fullervision
Actually, President-Elect Trump is all about the work and the results.  But you know that.   :shrug:
New profile picture in honor of Public Domain Day 2024

Wingnut

The next time you have a thought.....let it go.

Offline Right_in_Virginia

You know @jmyrlefuller, not everything demands your sarcasm.  During the campaign Donald Trump worked harder and longer and wiser than any candidate in recent history.  And he achieved the desired results.  And during the transition he is already working for the American people--returning jobs, reassuring the global markets and cleaning up the international stains left by Obama.

So, roll your eyes all you want--it just makes you appear ill-informed and foolish. 

Offline Night Hides Not

You know @jmyrlefuller, not everything demands your sarcasm.  During the campaign Donald Trump worked harder and longer and wiser than any candidate in recent history.  And he achieved the desired results.  And during the transition he is already working for the American people--returning jobs, reassuring the global markets and cleaning up the international stains left by Obama.

So, roll your eyes all you want--it just makes you appear ill-informed and foolish.

When I think of "ill-informed and foolish", my first thought is of someone wearing

Not much difference from this:

You can avoid reality, but you cannot avoid the consequences of avoiding reality.

1 John 3:18: Let us love not in word or speech, but in truth and action.

Offline Cripplecreek

• Constitutional Extremist

In reality its largely because Trump is having a lot of trouble finding A-listers who want to be seen with him. In all fairness to Trump, any republican would face the same problem these days because the stars are all lefties.

Reagan was the last republican who was really able to bring in the big A-list stars for his inauguration. In his case he had personal relationships with most of them that went back decades and wasn't so nasty then. Even those who disliked his politics liked him personally.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=K3kJ7VPJnmI

Offline Night Hides Not

In reality its largely because Trump is having a lot of trouble finding A-listers who want to be seen with him. In all fairness to Trump, any republican would face the same problem these days because the stars are all lefties.

Reagan was the last republican who was really able to bring in the big A-list stars for his inauguration. In his case he had personal relationships with most of them that went back decades and wasn't so nasty then. Even those who disliked his politics liked him personally.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=K3kJ7VPJnmI

He did a lot of good for actors and actresses as their union leader from 1947-1954.
You can avoid reality, but you cannot avoid the consequences of avoiding reality.

Wingnut

When I think of "ill-informed and foolish", my first thought is of someone wearing

Not much difference from this:

Spot on!  You nailed it.  You could swap out the signs and Tee's and insert RIV in the pictures and one would never know the diff.

Offline Cripplecreek

• Constitutional Extremist
He did a lot of good for actors and actresses as their union leader from 1947-1954.

I doubt it had anything to do with him being their union president 25 years earlier.

I accepted the nomination and position of safety steward in my union not because I loved the union but because I could do some actual good by protecting the company from potential lawsuits and my fellow employee's safety.

Offline Night Hides Not

I doubt it had anything to do with him being their union president 25 years earlier.

I accepted the nomination and position of safety steward in my union not because I loved the union but because I could do some actual good by protecting the company from potential lawsuits and my fellow employee's safety.

You may be right, but President Reagan had an ability to work with everyone, even those who completely disagreed with him. I found that out from personal experience.

During my senior year in HS, I wrote to then-Governor Reagan expressing my outrage of the diversion of water from Northern to Southern California. That water should have flowed into SF Bay. Anyway, it was full of the vitriol and lack of understanding one would expect from a 17YO.

A few weeks later I received a personal reply. Unfortunately, I lost that letter during my various moves after high school. I'll never forget the opening lines of his response, where he thanked me for my letter, saying "thank you for your letter. I enjoy hearing from young people like yourself, because you bring such passion to the issues of the day."

The response was vintage Reagan, and there's no way a staffer could have ever penned such a letter.