Author Topic: Franklin Graham among faith leaders chosen for Trump’s swearing-in  (Read 1021 times)

Online mystery-ak

• Owner
  • Administrator
  • Let's Go Brandon!

Franklin Graham among faith leaders chosen for Trump’s swearing-in

By Madeline Conway

12/28/16 02:33 PM EST

Six faith leaders including the archbishop of New York and the Christian evangelist Franklin Graham will take part in Donald Trump and Mike Pence’s swearing-in ceremony, the president-elect’s inaugural committee said Wednesday.

In addition to Cardinal Timothy Dolan, the National Hispanic Christian Leadership Conference’s Rev. Samuel Rodriguez and pastor Paula White, who had advised Trump on spiritual issues, will deliver readings and the invocation.

more
http://www.politico.com/blogs/donald-trump-administration/2016/12/inauguration-faith-leaders-franklin-graham-233010
Proud Supporter of Tunnel to Towers
Support the USO
Democrat Party...the Party of Infanticide

“Therefore do not worry about tomorrow, for tomorrow will worry about itself. Each day has enough trouble of its own.”
-Matthew 6:34

Offline Idaho_Cowboy

• Ride for the Brand - Joshua 24:15
Re: Franklin Graham among faith leaders chosen for Trump’s swearing-in
« Reply #1 on: December 28, 2016, 09:37:36 pm »
Wonderful, maybe he can post with more Playboy issues and make his Dad proud again. I hope the "honor" he's getting is worth the price he paid.
« Last Edit: December 28, 2016, 09:37:54 pm by Idaho_Cowboy »
“The way I see it, every time a man gets up in the morning he starts his life over. Sure, the bills are there to pay, and the job is there to do, but you don't have to stay in a pattern. You can always start over, saddle a fresh horse and take another trail.” ― Louis L'Amour

Silver Pines

« Reply #2 on: December 28, 2016, 11:57:27 pm »
Ugh, Paula White.  She's a complete charlatan.  I wonder if she'll use the fake black dialect she adopts when speaking to black audiences. 

No Jerry Jr.?  He's going to be miffed, lol.

Offline Idiot

« Reply #3 on: December 29, 2016, 02:53:30 am »
Wonderful, maybe he can post with more Playboy issues and make his Dad proud again. I hope the "honor" he's getting is worth the price he paid.
Franklin Graham is a pretty honorable person...not sure what you are talking about.
@Idaho_Cowboy

Offline corbe

« Reply #4 on: December 29, 2016, 03:40:35 am »
   Trump bought most of these Evangelicals off, over a year ago. It played Bigly into his winning Southern Strategery (sic).
No government in the 12,000 years of modern mankind history has led its people into anything but the history books with a simple lesson, don't let this happen to you.

Offline Idaho_Cowboy

• Ride for the Brand - Joshua 24:15
« Reply #5 on: December 29, 2016, 04:10:27 pm »
Franklin Graham is a pretty honorable person...not sure what you are talking about.
@Idaho_Cowboy
I think I may have confused him with Jerry Falwell JR. for a minute. I'm blaming coffee deprivation. Sorry.  :banging:
“The way I see it, every time a man gets up in the morning he starts his life over. Sure, the bills are there to pay, and the job is there to do, but you don't have to stay in a pattern. You can always start over, saddle a fresh horse and take another trail.” ― Louis L'Amour

geronl

« Reply #6 on: December 29, 2016, 04:19:52 pm »
Butt kissers who disavow God for the orange man

Offline TomSea

• All deserve a trial if accused
« Reply #7 on: December 29, 2016, 05:06:58 pm »
   Trump bought most of these Evangelicals off, over a year ago. It played Bigly into his winning Southern Strategery (sic).

Yes, that's why Trump won in the south.

Offline TomSea

« Reply #8 on: December 29, 2016, 05:07:38 pm »
So far, Trump hasn't put Christians in the firing line like that Texan Bush.

Offline TomSea

« Reply #9 on: December 29, 2016, 05:10:21 pm »
For the record, I'm not sure if Franklin Graham ever gave Trump an official endorsement; if he ever gave such a pro-Trump statement, it was in the last two weeks leading up to election day. I think he might have said something without it being an official endorsement.

But now, Never Trumpers debase Christian leaders.

Alrighty.  :thud:

I mean, I'm not sold on Jeffress, he does seem to be a slippery character but Graham and Falwell are well entrenched into the religious fabric of this country.

Online mountaineer

« Reply #10 on: December 29, 2016, 05:39:10 pm »
For the record, I'm not sure if Franklin Graham ever gave Trump an official endorsement
He didn't endorse anyone. When Trump was elected, Franklin essentially expressed relief that the next president wouldn't be Hillary.
Support Israel's emergency medical service. afmda.org