Author Topic: Congress Moving to Cut U.S. Funding to U.N. in Wake of Anti-Israel Vote  (Read 1744 times)

rangerrebew

Congress Moving to Cut U.S. Funding to U.N. in Wake of Anti-Israel Vote

Posted By Adam Kredo On December 28, 2016 @ 5:00 am In National Security | No Comments

Congress is already setting the stage to cut off U.S. funding to the United Nations in the wake of a contested vote last week in which the Obama administration permitted an anti-Israel resolution to win overwhelming approval, according to congressional leaders, who told the Washington Free Beacon that the current administration is already plotting to take further action against the Jewish state before vacating office.

Other punitive actions by Congress could include expelling Palestinian diplomats from U.S. soil and scaling back ties with foreign nations that voted in favor of the controversial measure, according to multiple sources who spoke to the Free Beacon about the situation both on and off the record.

Article printed from Washington Free Beacon: http://freebeacon.com

URL to article: http://freebeacon.com/national-security/congress-moving-cut-u-s-funding-un-wake-anti-israel-vote/

Offline IsailedawayfromFR

Re: Congress Moving to Cut U.S. Funding to U.N. in Wake of Anti-Israel Vote
« Reply #1 on: December 28, 2016, 02:16:10 pm »
Congress Moving to Cut U.S. Funding to U.N. in Wake of Anti-Israel Vote

Posted By Adam Kredo On December 28, 2016 @ 5:00 am In National Security | No Comments

Congress is already setting the stage to cut off U.S. funding to the United Nations in the wake of a contested vote last week in which the Obama administration permitted an anti-Israel resolution to win overwhelming approval, according to congressional leaders, who told the Washington Free Beacon that the current administration is already plotting to take further action against the Jewish state before vacating office.

Other punitive actions by Congress could include expelling Palestinian diplomats from U.S. soil and scaling back ties with foreign nations that voted in favor of the controversial measure, according to multiple sources who spoke to the Free Beacon about the situation both on and off the record.

Article printed from Washington Free Beacon: http://freebeacon.com

URL to article: http://freebeacon.com/national-security/congress-moving-cut-u-s-funding-un-wake-anti-israel-vote/

How can there be any Palestinian diplomats here is it is not a recognized state?
No punishment, in my opinion, is too great, for the man who can build his greatness upon his country's ruin~  George Washington

Offline InHeavenThereIsNoBeer

« Reply #2 on: December 28, 2016, 02:29:07 pm »
How can there be any Palestinian diplomats here is it is not a recognized state?

2008.  2012.
My avatar shows the national debt in stacks of $100 bills.  If you look very closely under the crane you can see the Statue of Liberty.

Online Bigun

• Resistance to Tyrants is Obedience to God
    • The FairTax Plan
« Reply #3 on: December 28, 2016, 02:38:22 pm »
Cut it to ZERO $ and get the hell out!
"I wish it need not have happened in my time," said Frodo.

"So do I," said Gandalf, "and so do all who live to see such times. But that is not for them to decide. All we have to decide is what to do with the time that is given us."
- J. R. R. Tolkien

Offline driftdiver

• I could eat it raw but why when I have fire
« Reply #4 on: December 28, 2016, 02:39:51 pm »
They could start by calling the UN building occupied territory and telling the UN weenies to get out.  Then raze the building.
Fools mock, tongues wag, babies cry and goats bleat.

No punishment, in my opinion, is too great, for the man who can build his greatness upon his country's ruin~  George Washington

Offline libertybele

• WE are NOT ok!
« Reply #6 on: December 29, 2016, 12:23:45 am »

:beer:  :patriot:  I agree with you 110%.  We should have gotten the hell out of there long ago.
I Believe in the United States of America as a Government of the people, by the people, for the people; whose just powers are derived from the consent of the governed; a democracy in a republic; a sovereign nation of many sovereign states; a perfect union one and inseparable; established upon those principles of freedom, equality, justice and humanity for which American patriots sacrificed their lives and fortunes.  I therefore believe it is my duty to my country to love it; to support its Constitution; to obey its laws to respect its flag; and to defend it against all enemies.

Offline Sanguine

• Ex-member

Offline Right_in_Virginia

« Reply #8 on: December 29, 2016, 12:34:59 am »

Who do you see filling our void--especially on the SC?

Offline Sanguine

• Ex-member
« Reply #9 on: December 29, 2016, 01:00:01 am »
By contrast, the U.S. is assessed 22 percent of the regular budget (approximately $622 million) and over 28 percent of the peacekeeping budget (approximately $2.402 billion).

Put another way, the U.S. will be assessed more than 176 other member states combined for the regular budget and more than 185 countries combined for the peacekeeping budget. Who says America isn’t exceptional!

www.foxnews.com/opinion/2015/06/16/america-pay-way-to...

Offline Right_in_Virginia

« Reply #10 on: December 29, 2016, 01:03:40 am »
As I posted on another thread ... maybe we should cut back and match the level of the Russian Federation (or Canada)

https://factly.in/united-nations-budget-contributions-by-member-countries/

« Reply #11 on: December 29, 2016, 01:11:08 am »
0bama.

So what, that does not answer a Question.

Offline 240B

• Lord of all things Orange!
  • TBR Advisory Committee
    • I try my best ...
« Reply #12 on: December 29, 2016, 02:19:05 am »

Obama wrecks everything he touches.

He has already destroyed the Democrat Party, why not destroy the U.N. on his way out the door.
You cannot "COEXIST" with people who want to kill you.
If they kill their own with no conscience, there is nothing to stop them from killing you.
Rational fear and anger at vicious murderous Islamic terrorists is the same as irrational antisemitism, according to the Leftists.

Online Bigun

• Resistance to Tyrants is Obedience to God
    • The FairTax Plan
« Reply #13 on: December 29, 2016, 02:38:34 am »
Who do you see filling our void--especially on the SC?

I don't care who does or if anyone does.  The UN is a totally useless organization for US interests  IMHO.

"I wish it need not have happened in my time," said Frodo.

"So do I," said Gandalf, "and so do all who live to see such times. But that is not for them to decide. All we have to decide is what to do with the time that is given us."
- J. R. R. Tolkien

Offline Hondo69

• The more I know the less I understand
« Reply #14 on: December 29, 2016, 06:16:05 am »
As I posted on another thread ... maybe we should cut back and match the level of the Russian Federation (or Canada)

https://factly.in/united-nations-budget-contributions-by-member-countries/

Everyone is tossing around this 22% number these days, but how does that translate into dollars and cents?

22% of what?

Do we contribute a million dollars, 10 million dollars, a billion dollars?  What is the dollar figure?

----------

It turns out we don't know - it's a secret.  The Obama administration has not made public our exact dollar amount in over 5 years.  Once again our intrepid journalist are asking all the wrong questions.  Why is the Obama administration keeping this secret?

Offline Frank Cannon

« Reply #15 on: December 29, 2016, 06:35:11 am »
Everyone is tossing around this 22% number these days, but how does that translate into dollars and cents?

22% of what?

Do we contribute a million dollars, 10 million dollars, a billion dollars?  What is the dollar figure?

----------

It turns out we don't know - it's a secret.  The Obama administration has not made public our exact dollar amount in over 5 years.  Once again our intrepid journalist are asking all the wrong questions.  Why is the Obama administration keeping this secret?

It's no secret. We kick in about 8 billion a year, 3 billion mandatory the rest voluntary.

Offline dfwgator

« Reply #16 on: December 29, 2016, 07:53:20 am »
They could start by calling the UN building occupied territory and telling the UN weenies to get out.  Then raze the building.

Turn it into "Trump Tower - Turtle Bay."

Offline Hondo69

• The more I know the less I understand
« Reply #17 on: December 29, 2016, 07:59:45 am »
It's no secret. We kick in about 8 billion a year, 3 billion mandatory the rest voluntary.

Thanks, that helps.  I've heard that 8 billion figure tossed around here and there the past few years.  The best I can tell there has been no actual accounting data since 2010.