Author Topic: Sorry, Michelle, But I Won’t Be Riding Your Hopeless Train Into the Future  (Read 334 times)

Offline Chosen Daughter

• For there is no respect of persons with God. Romans 10:12-13
  • Ephesians 6:13 Stand Firm in the face of evil

Sorry, Michelle, But I Won’t Be Riding Your Hopeless Train Into the Future

By Jennifer Hartline  Published on December 20, 2016 • 27 Comments

Jennifer Hartline

Thanks for the reminder, Michelle.

Your dramatic woe-fest with Oprah the other day is a very timely lesson on the value and necessity of hope. More importantly, it should make us stop and reconsider the source from whence comes our hope. You seem convinced that hope flew into town on your husband’s wings in 2008, and has spent the last eight years floating gracefully around the country, spreading its glow and relief on all the loyal souls below. Now that Barack Obama’s reign is at an end and the appointed replacement has failed to ascend to the throne, you are equally convinced that all hope is gone, since it will have to depart with your husband when he takes his leave of 1600 Pennsylvania Avenue.

Your crestfallen face and the earnestness in your voice clearly communicate your sense of despair and fear for the future. What do we have now, after all, if we no longer have hope?

No doubt there are millions of Americans right now who will climb on board your hopeless train and ride it with you and Barack, wailing all the way. I wish you well, but I won’t be joining you.

Examining Our Hope

You’ve given all of us a real opportunity to examine our hope, the source of our hope, and where we are perhaps grasping at false hopes, or grasping at hope from the wrong places. What better time than right now to take stock of such important inventory, as we celebrate the very birth of Hope into a dark and desperate world.

I’ll lead off — if the worst had happened in November, and we were set to inaugurate Hillary Clinton as the next President, I have no problem admitting I would be troubled, profoundly disappointed, and gravely concerned for the future of the nation. I remain firmly convinced that Hillary Clinton was a disaster of epic proportion for our country and the world, and we have inexplicably, mercifully been spared her horrible reign. Deo Gratias.

That said, shame on me if I ever proceed into life with the sort of doom and gloom that oozed forth from your mouth during that interview with Oprah. Shame on me if I ever believe that my hope or the lack thereof rests with any political leader, or any government.

To quote the popular hymn, my hope is built on nothing less than Jesus’ blood and righteousness. Nothing less. If it is built on anything less, then my disappointment is guaranteed...................................

https://stream.org/sorry-michelle-wont-riding-hopeless-train-future/

That's right hope comes from no other than Jesus' blood and righteousness.  Not from Obama.  Not from Trump or any other person or politician.
AG William Barr: "I'm recused from that matter because one of the law firms that represented Epstein long ago was a firm that I subsequently joined for a period of time."

Alexander Acosta Labor Secretary resigned under pressure concerning his "sweetheart deal" with Jeffrey Epstein.  He was under consideration for AG after Sessions was removed, but was forced to resign instead.