Author Topic: Gay biracial professor confesses: I’m scared of social justice warriors  (Read 808 times)

rangerrebew

Gay biracial professor confesses: I’m scared of social justice warriors
By Ryan Girdusky | December 15, 2016 | Comments

image: http://cdn.redalertpolitics.com/files/2016/12/AP.png
(Associated Press)

(Associated Press)

Social justice warriors share a lot in common with the rebels during the French Revolution. They live and breathe through propaganda. They are committed to overthrowing established order. And, lastly, but certainly not least, they’ll readily eat their own. A progressive hero can become an enemy in minutes if they dare walk away from group think.

An English professor at Reed University has learned this the hard way. Despite being an ethnic minority and a member of the LGBTQ community, she could be dragged to the professional guillotine and lose her career.

Read more at http://redalertpolitics.com/2016/12/15/gay-biracial-professor-confesses-im-scared-social-justice-warriors/#Iq10dI0xQdubvHmj.99

Oceander

Re: Gay biracial professor confesses: I’m scared of social justice warriors
« Reply #1 on: December 27, 2016, 05:38:25 pm »

Gay biracial professor confesses: I’m scared of social justice warriors
By Ryan Girdusky | December 15, 2016 | Comments

image: http://cdn.redalertpolitics.com/files/2016/12/AP.png
(Associated Press)

(Associated Press)

Social justice warriors share a lot in common with the rebels during the French Revolution. They live and breathe through propaganda. They are committed to overthrowing established order. And, lastly, but certainly not least, they’ll readily eat their own. A progressive hero can become an enemy in minutes if they dare walk away from group think.

An English professor at Reed University has learned this the hard way. Despite being an ethnic minority and a member of the LGBTQ community, she could be dragged to the professional guillotine and lose her career.

Reason reported on Tuesday that Prof. Lucia Martinez is terrified of the social justice warriors in her class who might find her not progressive enough.

“I teach at Reed. I am intimidated by these students. I am scared to teach courses on race, gender, or sexuality, or even texts that bring these issues up in any way—and I am a gay mixed-race woman,” Martinez wrote on a blog. “There is a serious problem here and at other [selective liberal arts colleges], and I’m at a loss as to how to begin to address it, especially since many of these students don’t believe in either historicity or objective facts. (They denounce the latter as being a tool of the white cisheteropatriarchy.)”

Martinez decided to discuss her fear after students cursed out director Kimberly Peirce, who’s most famous film Boys Don’t Cry told the story of Brandon Teena, a transgender man who was murdered in 1993.

Social justice warriors tried to stop Peirce from speaking, claiming she made money off of anti-trans violence. They were also infuriated that Teena was played by cisgendered woman Hillary Swank, who won an Academy Award for the part.

The movie was filmed in 1998 when there were no high profiled transgendered actors and it probably wouldn’t have been funded had they not used someone cisgendered.

Martinez and Peirce are learning the lesson of Robespierre. No one will ever be leftist enough, and any and all of their revolutions will turn against those that inspired them.

In a few decades from now, college students will be spitting on the grave of Bernie Sanders who will be remembered for not being leftist enough for some silly reason or another.

Read more at http://redalertpolitics.com/2016/12/15/gay-biracial-professor-confesses-im-scared-social-justice-warriors/#lqZcJWYOCBik5tpm.99

Offline Fishrrman

• Dumbest member of the forum
« Reply #2 on: December 28, 2016, 02:37:33 am »
From the article:
“There is a serious problem here and at other [selective liberal arts colleges], and I’m at a loss as to how to begin to address it, especially since many of these students don’t believe in either historicity or objective facts. (They denounce the latter as being a tool of the white cisheteropatriarchy.)”

The white what ???

Offline EC

• Shanghaied Editor
  • Cats rule. Dogs drool.
« Reply #3 on: December 28, 2016, 02:47:33 am »
From the article:
“There is a serious problem here and at other [selective liberal arts colleges], and I’m at a loss as to how to begin to address it, especially since many of these students don’t believe in either historicity or objective facts. (They denounce the latter as being a tool of the white cisheteropatriarchy.)”

The white what ???

Old straight white dudes.
The universe doesn't hate you. Unless your name is Tsutomu Yamaguchi

I've got a website now: Smoke and Ink

Offline musiclady

« Reply #4 on: December 28, 2016, 03:03:22 am »
From the article:

The white what ???

LOL!

Progressivespeak.
Character still matters.  It always matters.

I wear a mask as an exercise in liberty and love for others.  To see it as an infringement of liberty is to entirely miss the point.  Be kind.

"Sometimes I think the Church would be better off if we would call a moratorium on activity for about six weeks and just wait on God to see what He is waiting to do for us. That's what they did before Pentecost."   - A. W. Tozer

Use the time God is giving us to seek His will and feel His presence.